PDA

View Full Version : Rattan/Iron hoops/rings (not for the forearms)

No_Know
05-09-2003, 08:35 AM
SelfDefenseForums.com Had a topic asking about training with rattan hoops. The responses before mine were about a video series where they were mentioned.

I wore them regularly, to train my breating (develope through massage/friction/rubbing. Slight restriction to strengthen my breatinh muscles and develope the skin/muscles).

They insulted my responses and called me insulting names including on guy's wife. Basically calling me wrong and stupid.

Not more than one claimed to regularly use them. It was suggested that I post on a topick I was familiar with.

I got off of wooden hoops/rings and am now on metal hoops/rings.

What do you whomever think of training with or using Rattan rings/hoops metal(iron) rings/hoops.

fa_jing
05-09-2003, 08:59 AM
I trained with rattan rings once - you can use them to check your alignment on the chain punch. You can also train some wing chun double blocks, but they say that the direction of the force (outward) is not precisely correct. Still, would like to have one around.

No_Know
05-09-2003, 08:33 PM
I was told once the metal ones were Tai Ji rings.

The rattan/metal ring/hoop is stereotypically Wing Chun. Outside of Wing chun/Wing Tsun, talk to/at me.