PDA

View Full Version : shopping list.

captain
05-10-2003, 04:12 AM
1,video/dvd footage of sum nung/yks/ip man/wsl.

2,a night where a "name" in the ma world sits in on
this site at an arranged time,and we all ask decent
questions.[sandman is this possible].

3,we all contribute to make something from this site.
book/dvd/'zine ,etc.

4,we all put up on this site,some sort of footage of
us doing out ma "thing".

russ.

yuanfen
05-10-2003, 08:53 AM
Captain sez:
--------------------------------------------
We will be arguing about the name?

And as some have argued- whats in a name?

How about Moe?

His biu jee is better than Larry and Curly.

captain
05-10-2003, 11:35 AM
did you know that the three stooges sustained serious
injuries as a result of their comedic misadventures.they
were often left very badly injured.

the air is very thin in arizona.ask petrocelli.

russ.

yuanfen
05-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Not surprised about the injuries. Injuries happen in film stunts-
Jackie Chan is a good example.
Never met a man named Petroclelli in Arizona. Air varies- among other things with altitude.... San Francisco Peaks in Northern Arizona versus a dry river bed in central Arizona.

BTW many top flight wing chun masters dont waste time with forums and lists. Different realities.

kj
05-11-2003, 06:26 AM
Hi Captain.

Originally posted by captain
1,video/dvd footage of sum nung/yks/ip man/wsl.

You probably already have a bead on these, but just in case and for the benefit of any other readers who may want to know.

For Ip Man footage ...

This probably won't satiate you, but it's a start. See here (http://213.47.252.56/wt/vid/).

Footage of Ip Man performing SNT, CK and the Jong sets is also available. The following tapes include the same basic footage of Ip Man:

Original Wing Chun (http://www.swiftwingchun.org/video/videos.html) - Includes slightly more complete, and larger video format of the Ip Man footage.

Authentic Wing Tsun Kung Fu (http://www.wingtsunaz.com/library.html) - The footage of Ip Man is lightly edited, accompanied by commentary, and complete with subtle "whoosh whoosh" sound, LOL.

For Wong Shun Leung Footage ...

There is Science of Infighting (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6305884129/wingchunkuencom/104-9056469-7942321). Link courtesy of wingchunkuen.com.

I have nothing to suggest for the others.

Not impossible, though easier said than done. A moderated online "chat" format might work better than a forum like this (there are tools and services available for such things).

As Yuanfen mentioned, selecting and securing a candidate is another challenge (there is none that would content everyone). Who would "we" most want to hear from? Who of those would be both willing and technically capable?

Even with willingness, logistics and other issues remain. E.g., language, typing skills, getting enough focus to the Q&A in the time given, the trouble with trolls and antagonists, etc. These are just for starters. I can still understand it being on a wish list, though the end result may not be as utterly satisfying as our imaginations might demand.

If you could get someone to "pilot" such a chat or discussion (at a minimum, need a volunteer speaker and a host/coordinator), perhaps others could follow. Logistical improvements could be implemented based on early learnings of course.

3,we all contribute to make something from this site.
book/dvd/'zine ,etc.

Let us not overlook the many contributions by so many folks here and elsewhere already, not to mention continuing efforts and works-in-progress. You're right to encourage continued efforts though. How about you? :)

4,we all put up on this site,some sort of footage of
us doing out ma "thing".

You start, LOL. Seriously, quite a few folks have done this (the good news). Maybe folks can list some websites where some of these sorts of things are already posted.

One dilemma with this is that no good deed goes unpunished. More often than not, the "reward" for such good will in sharing is often a great deal of negativity and punishment, sans any sensitivity in feedback or constructive criticism. Good will offerings are too often turned back on the donor as weapons of one sort or another. Being sentient and emotional beings, motivating this type of effort is not as straight forward as our logical minds might prefer. There is also a legitimate time and effort factor.

Not to be overlooked, many of us have and continue to engage in live forms of sharing as well. While not as conducive to "demand," live is by far a richer medium than video. As trust and good will grows (and despite appearances at times, I believe that trend continues) I think we will continue to see more of this.

I think you made a good and thoughtful "shopping" list. Not at all trying to downplay your positive and serious ideas. My mind tends to wander, so just jabbering a bit about some of the issues and ramifications. I admit I'm already way too overloaded and behind in my queue of tasks to volunteer for any new or significant work. I bet you will hear that a lot, LOL.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

captain
05-11-2003, 07:00 AM
kj,thank you so much for the info,i shall check these out.
as for the pics,i may post one up of me doing that judo
anti grapple move that i thought would help at chi sao
range.

yuanfen...the sky in arizona is very thin.....that is how...the rain gets in........

russell.