PDA

View Full Version : Omg!!

Laughing Cow
05-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Guys.

I think I finally realised that the guys in the USA are saying when they discuss "Tae Bo".

Luckily outside the states we are pretty seperated from a lot of crazes like this or so I thought.

Saw something yesterday on TV they called it "Muay Thai exercise", which I think comes cloes to your Tae Bo.

Looks like a fun workout for the college crowd that attendet, mostly skinny women.
Looked tougher than your average aerobic workout too.

Luckily these type of exercises are relegated to Sports gyms only over here. The country seems to go through a phase of aerobics and MA (TJQ, Boxing, MT, etc.) combined sports exercises.
Plus, they don't advertise themselves as fight orientated, if they did the goverment would jump on them for "false advertisement".
;)

Former castleva
05-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Was there a specific point to get across (or did it just run over me...)
?

If itīs what I think it is,good exercise-nothing wrong with that.
Your post also indicates that (at least not everywhere) they are not selling it out as "self-defense" or whatever goes.

Laughing Cow
05-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Just a rant.

Most of the times there is no real point to a rant, just the ramblings of the insane mind.

I can see why the exercises I watched might get a few hairs raised if they were sold as MA or SD.
;)
OTOH, I see nothing wrong with it as pure exercise to keep the tummy in and the buttocks firm.

BTW, I am mentally sane, got the cert from when I left the hospital.
Now I can sue anybody that calls me nuts, worth spending the 3 days it took to get certified sane.
:D

Former castleva
05-11-2003, 05:27 PM
"BTW, I am mentally sane, got the cert from when I left the hospital.
Now I can sue anybody that calls me nuts, worth spending the 3 days it took to get certified sane."
I recommend keeping the papers with you. :D

Laughing Cow
05-11-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Former castleva
I recommend keeping the papers with you. :D

Need to add that one.

I have made Credit card size duplicates of all my MA-cert and keep them with me.
They are laminated and look quiet nifty.
:D

Former castleva
05-11-2003, 06:12 PM
"Need to add that one.

I have made Credit card size duplicates of all my MA-cert and keep them with me.
They are laminated and look quiet nifty."
Iīve done that too but I believe you too should try collecting signature(s) or two from preferably well educated doctors that had to do with the process.
Itīs also good to get convincing quotes off them like "After going trough considerable treatment,I found *insert name (illustration:Laughing Cow) * mentally reliable and refreshing,props! -*insert name* MD,Qualified professor of neuropsychiatry-