PDA

View Full Version : pak mei thread (related) question

MAreader
05-12-2003, 09:35 AM
Hello everyone. I have been lurking on this forum for a couple of years. I'm having a problem though.

Last week I did a search for pak mei because I wanted to read about the style. I read a few threads and learned a lot about Hakka arts, Yau Kung Mun, Southern Praying Mantis, etc.. One of the threads I read had a web address(but not a clickable link) to a page where a book was offered on chinese internal martial art theory(discussion oif rooting, jing etc.). The book was titled something simple like "chinese internal kung fu" or "chinese internal martial arts". The book was only offered at that page as it was self-published by the author. I found the page out of curiousity, I copied the web addy from a post and pasted it into the address bar.

I'm pretty sure the thread was in the southern kung fu forum. So yesterday and today I've been repeating my search for pak mei and bak mei and looking through all the threads. But **** it I can't find the page.

I need to find this book. I have both books from chineseboxing.com which are great. I'm just trying to educate myself about rooting and jing(in many different arts just to get an idea) before I begin my training.

Does anyone have any idea what this site could be? Is there someone who signature includes a non-clickable web adress to this type of page? It's a self-published book that looks to really have something substantial on theory of jing.

custom156
05-13-2003, 01:23 AM
"I'm just trying to educate myself about rooting and jing(in many different arts just to get an idea) before I begin my training"

Simply put, 'one' cannot educate, oneself, particularly with regard to any previously unknown subject which requires physical demonstration. It is, grasshopper, folly.
Read all you like, but the bottom line is get a teacher and train.

5thBrother
05-13-2003, 01:50 AM
:)

im not 100% sure...

becasue its not realted to pak mei etc..

but i think ur talking about internal king fu by erle montaigue (taiji and bagua)u can get
da .pdf at his webpage.

or pm me and i will send it .pdf to u.

5thbrother

MAreader
05-13-2003, 03:56 AM
No it's not Erle Montaigue. I know who he is and he is not the author of this particular book. I know Erle's site and this wasn't his site.

MAreader
05-13-2003, 04:02 AM
>>Simply put, 'one' cannot educate, oneself, particularly with >>regard to any previously unknown subject which requires >>physical demonstration. It is, grasshopper, folly. Read all you >>like, but the bottom line is get a teacher and train.

I don't think I will be able to learn a physical skill from reading a book. But I do think that this information may give me a better general understanding of the chinese arts - internal and external.
And the subject isn't new to me.

I understand how to root, and I have done it with a chi kung teacher.

5thBrother
05-13-2003, 09:30 PM
dam.. dat would of been too easy hehe...

gimme all da detials u have and see if i can help you.

good luck

5thBrother
05-14-2003, 02:08 AM
I understand how to root, and I have done it with a chi kung teacher.

ROFL ROFL .... sorry... too much assignments... and my gf away atm .... couldnt resist... maybe i should not of watched american pie movie da other week ... :/

:D

small
06-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Hello,

I'm not sure what book you are talking about. My kung fu teacher told me that trying to learn Pak Mei from books is like trying to fish by sticking your hand in the water and waiting for a fish to swim into reach... or something like that.

Anyway here is a link to a page with his favourite Pak Mei books.

http://www.pakmei.net/books

It has a price comparison table of the books from different e-stores. I made it myself -- let me know if it's not helpful.

fiercest tiger
06-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Are you saying that rooting isnt in bak mei or that the book on rooting isnt in the bak mei?

FT:confused:

MAC
06-23-2003, 08:01 AM
I can tell you that neither of those books listed cover rooting, for bak mei or otherwise.