PDA

View Full Version : Jow Biu & Wong Fei Hung

SiHingJow
05-13-2003, 05:14 AM
This is for those of the Hung Ga and Jow Ga families. Wong fei Hung and Jow Bui promoter of the and founder of Jow ga were close like brothers they had each others back. Jow Biu actually interviened in In one of Wong Fei Hungs fights with a local strong man who had the strength to kill a horse in one punch!!!!

ZhouJiaQuan
05-13-2003, 11:48 AM
i see your reading other forums eh...

train hard

ShaolinTiger00
05-21-2003, 11:08 AM
In one of Wong Fei Hungs fights with a local strong man who had the strength to kill a horse in one punch!!!!

Please tell me you don't believe this...

Merryprankster
05-21-2003, 11:16 AM
It's TRUE it's TRUE!

I also heard that the earth is flat and that Clinton did "not have sexual relations with that woman."

ZhouJiaQuan
05-21-2003, 11:47 AM
the point was missed somehere by paying too much attention to the detials - jow biu mediated a conflict between fei hung and ching hua, and fei hung wanted jow biu to be his godson but he refused on the basis that he would appear biased. despite knowing the fame him and the jow style would get... end point...

now for the fun :)

how do you know he couldnt kill a horse? doenst typically make sense, i dont know anyone who could/can. but **** ive seen some **** in my few years alive that doesnt make sense...

i doubt its impossible, unlikely perhaps... but i wasnt there and couldnt completly discount the possibility. the human body is capable of some amazing things... that being said, i do think its unlikely

whats wrong with a lil' exageration :) the fish tends to be bigger in the story. life is full of exaggeration, if any of you are typically human, the stories you tell tend to be exaggerated, stories that arent tend to be boring :)

btw clinton did not, listening to bush speak doenst make me go "oh ****" , and play from kid 'n' play didnt die(not sure what this has to do with anything),

adios

:D :p

yes i have been around horses

Merryprankster
05-22-2003, 02:55 AM
btw clinton did not,

That depends on what the definition of "is" is :D

ShaolinTiger00
05-22-2003, 07:44 AM
whats wrong with a lil' exageration the fish tends to be bigger in the story. life is full of exaggeration, if any of you are typically human, the stories you tell tend to be exaggerated, stories that arent tend to be boring

What an interesting and typically Chinese way to justify lying and other BS associated with amazing feats of strength claimed by old kung fu men. Don't pass on something that is wrong just because its tradition.

How do you expect modern society and modern fighters to respect you if you keep propogating this malarkey? It's 2003.

ZhouJiaQuan
05-23-2003, 08:23 PM
hi,
i can see what you mean, and its a valid argument

imo, in this case, i cant say its impossible that a man could kill a horse. i dont know enough about it to say one way or the other. like the story of mas oyama who beat a bull. i dunno, some people say it happend, some say it didnt, some say it happend only becuase he visted the bull everyday wearing his old, dirtyest, and stank gi and hit the bull in the nuts, the bull learned his smell and to fear it, so when they fought the bull was already intimidated. if it really happend or not doesnt really matter too much to me anymore. anyone who takes stories so seriously they try to go kill a bull/horse/insertsomethingelse/anything without understanding the intent, well then... thats just dumb :)

with this, one must also keep in mind stories tend to exaggerate...

he could have killed a horse. or the horse could have kicked him in nizzuts... who knows... i dont... endless possibilities

modern fighters - mike tyson tryed to bribe a zookeeper to let him fight a guerilla, but he was denyed the chance.

"i just want to conquer people and their souls" - iron mike :p
- i guess he lost his respect when he raped a chick/threatned to eat children/etc...

chau

SiHingJow
05-24-2003, 08:00 PM
I posted this for those who understand Hung ga lineage and Jow ga Lineage so there could be an undertanding that there was a closeness in families. And ShaolinTiger00 How can u make assume that these things you call BS are false. I haven't someone kill a horse with one punch. Have you??/ So either way its undecided. How can u say the chinese culture is full of BS. How are u able to make such judgements have you seen everything. Your world will only be as big as u make it. Anyway Every culture on earth has some form of embelishments on stories Such as "Legends this doesn't mean its impossible. " Like Zhou was saying u weren't there neither was i so we can't say anything.

ShaolinTiger00
05-27-2003, 12:05 PM
I posted this for those who understand Hung ga lineage and Jow ga Lineage so there could be an undertanding that there was a closeness in families.

As I studied traditional Jow Ga for over 10 years, I'm well aware of the relationship.

How can u say the chinese culture is full of BS.

Because it (chinese martial arts) is! I could get on a real tear here about some of the audacious claims made my kung fu stylists and stories about men of the past...

ZhouJiaQuan
05-28-2003, 09:09 AM
no doubt there is some BS, i dont argue that. but read any myth stories of any culture you'll find the same. so to say that any culture is mroe full of bs then another is semi-unfair. all cultures have stories with fantastic claims, amny of which the elders telling the tale will say its true, most nowadawy can distinquish the fact from the ficition, but within the chinese culture in the west, the people reading the stories take them at face value, where they take the myths of other cultures and understand them as myth

king arthur and the roundtable, the buffalo dance of the plains indians, the miraculous stories of buddha/jesus/mohammed etc...

in chinese culture there are stories of damo, and physical feats of monks and other martial artist, etc..

i wouldnt be surprised, although i have not done the research, to find similiar stores of strength/agility/staminia/fighting prowess/etc... in all cultures with a "warrior group" such as martial artists were back in the day.. i might have to look into that when i get free time

anywho, my take on the subject...
adios

ShaolinTiger00
05-29-2003, 04:51 AM
i dont argue that. but read any myth stories of any culture you'll find the same.

With this I do not disagree, but we were discussing CMA and many Chinese martial artists seem unwilling to sort out fiction from fact.

hopeless romantics, daydreaming.

GARRA DE TIGRE
05-29-2003, 05:59 AM

SiHingJow
05-29-2003, 11:04 AM
Whether its traditional Kungfu or any story that has been passed on i think its fair and safe to say you must evaluate things in perspective for yourself. You should never except anything that anyone tells you as truth without understanding it with reason. But i have seen some amazing things done by the Shaolin Monks. I don't believe thats bs. but as far as people flying from building to building and dodging bullets well i'll leave that to hollywood and anyone who wants to try :D :D :D :p

ZhouJiaQuan
05-29-2003, 04:17 PM
in my view, some people are ready to accept any and everything, some people are ready to discount anything and everything...
this, to me, is what it boils down. i personally believe that this happens with everything(making my earilir remark pertaining to only the myths of the chinese culture accpeted misguided), people are like this with all areas(atlantis for example) - the skeptic vs the believer. sometimes they are daydreaming, sometimes they are not.

back to the topic, i still say, its unlikely a man killed a horse with a punch, but not impossible. but i do think there most likely is some sort of foot note missing, which bring me back to...
"the fish tends to be bigger"
in the end who knows but i dont think the point is terribly important to the story.

Train Hard :D

edit: (just checked your link) your Sifu Barry's student? good. I'm Sifu Lee's student and shingjow is Sifu Middletons student(i also train with Sifu Middleton alot while attending college, as his school is only 15mins away) good we all are family :D