PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Award Winner!

Chang Style Novice
05-13-2003, 10:09 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/northamptonshire/3007751.stm

You brits must be so proud.;)

Former castleva
05-13-2003, 02:26 PM
While this may not have been an achievement,I think Brits can still be proud of Darwin,Britīs gift for the world. :)

joedoe
05-13-2003, 03:21 PM
That is bad, but I have heard worse. :)

shaolin kungfu
05-13-2003, 07:25 PM
That is bad, but I have heard worse.

Like the guy that got on top of his car going 60 mph to get away from an argument he was having with his girlfriend. Sadly, he is no longer with us.

joedoe
05-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by shaolin kungfu

Like the guy that got on top of his car going 60 mph to get away from an argument he was having with his girlfriend. Sadly, he is no longer with us.

Or the gas repairman who went to investigate a leak in a dark place and used a cigarette lighter to provide light. He went out in a blaze of glory.

guohuen
05-14-2003, 06:58 AM
I like the little call for censorship (self defeating journalism). He may have gotten the information out of a book on building explosives. Like someone really needs to be told how to build a pipe bomb. That book must fly off the shelves, just like the ones on how to use personal toiletries.
Anyone know why they've stopped the blood tests for marriage licences? Bad move.

R
05-14-2003, 04:12 PM
While I understand the Darwin Awards but I think that Kevin wasn't in the same category as well the guy who wore a bullet proof vest and then had someone stab him. Or with the guy who floated himself up to the airline corridors by adding too many helium balloons to his lawn chair...

He was a pretty decent guy who fcuked up and had an accident while pizzing around. Stupid behaviour....self destructive well maybe.

But AZZhole I think you are out of line with your attempt to laugh at someone elses misery.

By the way he was also at times my student.

Get a life.

R

Serpent
05-14-2003, 06:11 PM
He put a pipe bomb in his mouth and waved a lighter around near it. How stupid does he have to be before he's a Darwin candidate?!

PHILBERT
05-14-2003, 07:57 PM
I'm with Serpent on this one. To do something like that is beyond stupidity and you shouldn't blame anyone else but him for doing it.

shaolin kungfu
05-14-2003, 08:40 PM
I'm not saying it's a good thing he died, but we don't need his stupidity stinkin up the planet.

The Willow Sword
05-14-2003, 09:16 PM
thats a good one,,,thats a good one. my favorite darwin award is where the guy was tryin to rob the coke machine and it tipped over fallin on him and killing him,,hahaha loved that one,,,and also the one where that DUMBFUK strapped a Jado rocket to his car hahahaha and the FUkker incinerated himself as his car flew through the air and crashed in to the cliff wall. heheheheeh i love humans..............

Serpent
05-14-2003, 09:25 PM
I hate them.....

:(

Chang Style Novice
05-15-2003, 08:28 AM
While I understand the Darwin Awards but I think that Kevin wasn't in the same category as well the guy who wore a bullet proof vest and then had someone stab him. Or with the guy who floated himself up to the airline corridors by adding too many helium balloons to his lawn chair...
I think Serpent covered this pretty well.

He was a pretty decent guy who fcuked up and had an accident while pizzing around. Stupid behaviour....self destructive well maybe.
Self destructive MAYBE?!? He exploded his own head!

But AZZhole I think you are out of line with your attempt to laugh at someone elses misery.
I actually succeeded in laughing. And I'm sure he wasn't miserable for long - I'll bet he didn't feel a thing.

By the way he was also at times my student.
And not sticking bombs in your face isn't part of your curriculuum? Why not? Is it perhaps because it's so stupid you'd never think anyone would try it?

Get a life.
Excellent idea. I understand that Kevin isn't using his right now.

guohuen
05-15-2003, 08:35 AM
Again. Blood tests before issuing marriage licenses is a good thing.

MasterKiller
05-15-2003, 08:37 AM
Blood tests are for syphillis, not stupidity.

SevenStar
05-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by joedoe

Or the gas repairman who went to investigate a leak in a dark place and used a cigarette lighter to provide light. He went out in a blaze of glory.

or the couple who drove their car out onto an iced lake to see if the ice would hold the weight of the car...

SevenStar
05-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Or the couple who decided to make whoopee in the middle of the street and got ran over by a truck - geniuses...

joedoe
05-15-2003, 05:40 PM
Or the dude who cut his own head off with a chainsaw to prove his love to some chick.

Serpent
05-15-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
Or the dude who cut his own head off with a chainsaw to prove his love to some chick.

Really? I hadn't heard about that one!

:eek:

:rolleyes:

joedoe
05-15-2003, 06:23 PM
Yeah, it was a case of unrequited love. He went over to her place with a chainsaw, knocked on her door and stood on her front lawn. When she came out to see who it was, he proclaimed his undying love to her and to prove it he cut his own head off with the chainsaw!

Serpent
05-15-2003, 06:24 PM
She must have been relieved to be finally rid of him!

joedoe
05-15-2003, 06:26 PM
LOL :D

SevenStar
05-15-2003, 07:16 PM
daaaang.... I'd never heard that one either

joedoe
05-15-2003, 07:20 PM
A friend of mine has the Darwin Awards book. Makes really good reading actually because they research the stories and rate them for how factual they are.

Shaolin-Do
05-16-2003, 08:17 AM
Get a life.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent idea. I understand that Kevin isn't using his right now.

rofl.
funny sh!t.
Then theres the dude who dug a 6 foot deep hole in sand, sat in it, and buried himself by bumping his boom box too loud. Or the guy in minnesota who stood on the end of his friends 2 seat fishing boat in a storm and said "HERE I AM LORD, LET ME HAVE IT!" mother f*cker got struck by lightning. Thats one f*cked up coincidence if Ive ever heard one.
:)

Budokan
05-16-2003, 08:28 AM
Let's hope this dumb pipe-bomb-in-the-mouth sh*thead didn't reproduce before he pulled his little stunt....:rolleyes:

Yep. Evolution really works. Thinning out the herd isn't always a bad thing...especially when you're talking about bozos who tie helium balloons to lawn chairs and screwballs who chainsaw their own heads off to prove a point....