PDA

View Full Version : Ot: Yee-hah!!!

Merryprankster
05-14-2003, 03:58 AM
Just got my digital camcorder yesterday! Can't wait to put it to use. I've really reached the point that I have to tape and pick apart my matches. I'm going to love this thing, I can tell already. Picked up a Firewire PCI card and cable and I've got an S-port for analog to digital.

Now I've got something to carry around with me so I can tape the beatdowns I deliver in internet challenge matches! :p

My fiancee asked "Is that for our wedding?"

For the wedding? PLEASE.

Sho
05-14-2003, 04:14 AM
Wow! That's great.

I've also thought about buying a digital camcorder, but as you know, they're pretty expensive. It would be cool to capture some sparring sessions and forms and view them on the computer.

:D

Oso
05-14-2003, 04:18 AM
I just got a Panasonic DV-203.
It's pretty cool. It does both still and video.

MasterKiller
05-14-2003, 06:27 AM
I love my Sony TRV-740.

I use Ulead Video Studio 6 to make VCDs of all our shows and tournaments. Most DVD players will play VCDs, and it's a cheap way to store your video instead of buying more and more Digital 8 tapes.

David Jamieson
05-14-2003, 06:33 AM
i have the trv-140 digital 8 sony cam, it rocks with usb streaming, digital to tape.

You will be having some fun with that mp.

cheers

FatherDog
05-14-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Merryprankster
My fiancee asked "Is that for our wedding?"

For the wedding? PLEASE.

The correct answer there is "No, it's for the honeymoon."

Ben Gash
05-14-2003, 07:46 AM
Is it possible to transfer conventional vidoe onto your PC? If so how do you do it?

MasterKiller
05-14-2003, 08:02 AM
You mean VHS tapes? Sure, I do it all the time.

You need some equipment, though. I use Option 2.

Option 1: Get a Video Card that has Audio/Video input ports so you can plug the VCR into the computer. Or get a Dazzle USB adapter. Then use software to capture the video. This option is slow, and tends to drop frames.

Option 2: Buy a Camcorder that has Audio/Video IN/OUT, such as a Sony Digital 8 camcorder. You also need an IEEE 1394 Firewire Card installed in the computer. I plug the VCR into the camera via the A/V jack, then run the firewire cable from the camera to the computer. You still need to use some type of software to capture the video. XP comes with MovieMaker, which does a pretty decent job.

The Sony cameras have an S-Video jack as well, so you can run video from a DVD player into your comp, too.

Guile
05-14-2003, 11:38 AM
That be cool if you put some of your matches up

Xebsball
05-14-2003, 12:37 PM
rich american show off

MasterKiller
05-14-2003, 12:44 PM
It's called having a job. You should try it sometime.

Xebsball
05-14-2003, 12:49 PM
defensor of the rich american show off

Ben Gash
05-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Yeah MK, how dare you put down your proletariat brother and flaunt you employment :D

Xebsball
05-14-2003, 01:20 PM
yeah, exactly :mad:
thats what ive been saying all along

Souljah
05-14-2003, 03:15 PM
So, we gonna get some footage of you in action then MP?

Merryprankster
05-15-2003, 02:29 AM
Souljah,

I can try and figure that out if there seems to be some interest. I try not to engage in TOO much self-aggrandizement, so I'll be sure to post any loses as well :)

Souljah
05-15-2003, 02:51 AM
lol yea, wins...losses, doesnt matter as long as theyre good fights.....(though I know you dont lose alot m8)

;) :D

Merryprankster
05-15-2003, 03:08 AM
Well, my focus is grappling. It's been good to me and I've seen some moderate success. I've only had one MMA fight and it was nothing to brag about since the other guy had no takedown defense to speak of. He may have actually had good stand-up...

So any matches I post are more likely to be grappling than otherwise, seeing as I only have one MMA fight :D.

I may do some in the future, but I'm really on this grappling kick.

As for winning more than I lose, that's almost inevitable as you don't have the opportunity to lose anymore if you lose your first match.... which happens with many of us.

Xebsball
05-15-2003, 07:12 AM
Merryprakters dude, i did bjj yesterday and rolled witha brown belt.
My neck is hurting from the neck workouts we did in class, any tips? :D
My neck was so tired that when we were doing takedowns one time after my back landed on the ground my neck couldnt hold my head so the back of my head went BAAAM on the floor with the momentum.

Merryprankster
05-15-2003, 07:38 AM
Roll more :)

FatherDog
05-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Merryprankster
Souljah,

I can try and figure that out if there seems to be some interest.

Well, I'd be interested.

But I think we already knew that. :D