PDA

View Full Version : Attn Sho: CLF Qigong sets?

Ben Gash
05-14-2003, 10:55 AM
Sho, you mentioned the CLF Qigong stes on the main forum earlier. Would you care to enlighten us about them in more detail here, as I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.

Sho
05-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Well, I don't really wanna go so much in detail, but the CLF qigong system passed down to Chan Heung by Choy Fook consists of four main sets; Sup Baat Luohan Sau Kung, Siu Luohan Kuen, Dai Luohan Kuen, Mou Gik Kuen plus the Tai Gik Kuen form. This is one of the purest Shaolin qigong systems, because it was directly handed down by one of the monks who managed to escape from the temple to the founder of CLF. You can find some related history at www.clfma.com (http://www.clfma.com/). I hope this helps.

Ben Gash
05-14-2003, 12:14 PM
Cool, I've done Sup Ba Lohan. Are the others similar or very different?

Sho
05-14-2003, 01:32 PM
I'll PM you.

JAZA
05-14-2003, 02:22 PM
take a look at www.luohan.com .
there are pictures for sup baat luohan kuen and descriptions for the others.

CLFNole
05-15-2003, 10:21 AM
From looking at the qiqong sets I wonder where is the connection with Mo Gik Kuen and Tai Gik Kuen. Principles of Tai Chi and Wu Chi are generally Taoist in nature, whereas CLF comes from Siu Lum Gee which is based from Chan Buddhisim.

I wonder how Choy Fook had a connection to the Taoists. I believe that the Sup Baat Lohan came from him. Because the name has Shaolin overtones, however I would venture to guess the others were added by later generation.

Not sure but that's my opinion.

Peace.

Serpent
05-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Choy Fook hid out on Law Fo Shan, a single Buddhist among many Taoist temples. Back in those days Buddhism and Taoism were quite complimentary to each other. It's only in more recent times that we like to try to classify and pigeon-hole everything.

;)