PDA

View Full Version : what did you do today?

Judge Pen
05-15-2003, 05:52 AM
I'm trying to get an idea of what everyones daily training. I did Tai Chi 24, Pa Kua Chang and two Black tiger forms.

What did you do today?

shaolin kungfu
05-15-2003, 05:59 AM
There's already a training thread, but since you asked...

It's 8:00 am here and I've done nothing at all. Planning on taking it easy all day and going to class at 7:00. Worked out too hard yesterday and really need the rest.

Sho
05-15-2003, 06:20 AM
Gonna do some staff work and stance training. I'm also pretty sore from yesterday's workout, so I'll just concentrate on the staff and then do some stance work to let my upper body rest for a change.

Repulsive Monkey
05-15-2003, 06:37 AM
Have been circulating microsomic orbit since being on the bus this morning coming into work;
Reading about the 6 Yogis of Naropa;
paid a few invoices;
had lunch and entered into the afternoon malaise of sleepiness;
and just come off of a fantastic website about Zopa Rinpoche and Lama Yeshe to come on here (ooohhh the disrespect I hear all you Buddhists saying!).
Oh and just sank a bottle of Hemp and Grapefruit juice drink.

Becca
05-15-2003, 06:40 AM
I did a good burn out tuesday, so all I did yeasterday was some light stretching. Today I will do cardio in the am then stretching for flexability before class tonite. Then light stretching tomarrow, and if I'm not sore, some cardio. Sat, Sun, and Mon will be stretching for flexability with isometric strength and cardio. Sat and Mon will also have about 30-45 min of forms work. I do about 10 min with my nunchuku every day to work on hand/eye coordination.

Xebsball
05-15-2003, 07:06 AM
woke up, ate, bathed, came here :confused:

shaolin kungfu
05-15-2003, 07:07 AM
I like your sig xebs. What's it from?

Xebsball
05-15-2003, 07:22 AM
its from Pink Floyd, from the Dark Side of the Moon album, on the first song Speak to Me/Breath

Suntzu
05-15-2003, 07:35 AM
check out the 'Training Blog' thread… but to answer… woke up around 5:30… went to the gym… no one else showed up… did 5 rounds of jump rope… medicine ball workout… and hit the bag a little… somebody walked with the ringtimer… bag work just isn't the same with out the bing bing bing...

MAC
05-15-2003, 08:13 AM
Still am here, so my day's been mostly work.
I'm having a problem with my neck - pinched nerve to shoulder/arm so Dr said no MA (etc.,etc) til he gives the word ...so.... that means I only practiced forms and did light pak sau type routines (sorry doc!).

Robinf
05-15-2003, 08:45 AM
Today, I registered for a women's sprint triathlon in July, and just got my boss out of a heap of trouble.

Tonight is class night. On my own, I pick a form and do it ten times. I think I'll do a long one tonight.

norther practitioner
05-15-2003, 08:47 AM
Did some qigong, 13 posture Yang, and a few "walk throughs" of a new form I am learning. Tonight I'll work on apps.

Former castleva
05-15-2003, 08:48 AM
Thought about confusing biodiversity.Observed animals.
Going to read something.
Felt feelings/emotions,I need to track down the exact mechanism (will take time)

Suntzu
05-15-2003, 09:11 AM
FC = No_Know :confused:

d@mn that’s a long azz sig…

Liokault
05-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Still trying to get over my hurts from last weekend....i have like 6 differant injurys and so i am taking a week out before i start training again.

Water Dragon
05-15-2003, 10:18 AM
Body rotational warm up
1/2 mile jog
30 Chinese push ups
30 push ups
50 crunches
13 posture satnce holding while pushing bricks

Line Walking forms
Dragon walking
Cross Horese Stepping

SC forms w/ belt cracking
Diagonal Cut
Neck Surround
Forward March
Backward Kicking
Cover Step
Stealing Step
Downward Pulling
Bowing

XY forms
Pi Chuan
Beng Chuan
100 Squatting Monkeys
100 Walking Squatting Monkeys

Iron Body level 2

Had my 7 year old throw me around for 1/2 hour with Forward March for my falling practice

50 Upas
25 shrimping

front kick to tree for 50 reps

Royal Dragon
05-15-2003, 10:19 AM
Tuesday, I did stance training till I collapsed. Took yesterday off, and I will probably do more stance training today before I teach my Taiji for Health class at the Park Dist. If not, I'll Drill the Shaolin 32 move Tai Tzu Chang Chuan for 20-30 minutes and stretch after class.

Oso
05-15-2003, 02:05 PM
still trying to get over a sinus infection compounded by spring allergies and bronchitis from the post nasal drip.

will teach kids class and go to jujitsu class for the first time in two weeks and hopefully not blow big green gobs of snot all over the pretty white uniforms.

Judge Pen
05-15-2003, 10:02 PM
Class night: Conditioning and warm-ups (lots of stance work)Tam Tui, 1 longfist form, 1 tiger form, one eagle form, one Lohan form, 3 white crane forms, tai chi 32 sword, Pa Kua, and Hsing-I linkage set. We then sparred and went home.

Tomorrow I'll have to deal with a water pipe that busted. I discovered it when I got home. Turned water off after taking a shower.:) At least I get to stay at home and play the new Matrix game while waiting for the plumber!

Laughing Cow
05-15-2003, 10:18 PM
My training routine varies between weekdays and weekends.

Weekdays:
05:00 am ~ 06:30am
Qi-Gong
Chan Si Jing
Solo movement training
Zhang Zhuang

Weekends:
05:30~08:00 Training in the Park,
similar routine to weekdays but added stepping, forms practice, jogging.

Sat. afternoons Class: 15:30~17:30
Optional class from 18:30 ~

Sun morning:
Sometimes we got additional morning class or a semianr in the afternoon.

Classes are about 10km away and I commute by bicycle.

Becca
05-15-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Oso
still trying to get over a sinus infection compounded by spring allergies and bronchitis from the post nasal drip.

will teach kids class and go to jujitsu class for the first time in two weeks and hopefully not blow big green gobs of snot all over the pretty white uniforms.
EWWWWW:( Hope you get to feeling better! :)

Tonite was a wierd class. Arm and Body drills, one new attack sequince which I don't think has a name, then LOTTS of sparring followed by a discussion on sa'am coats while doing chi meditation? Sparring was cool, though. There are two other women my size in the intermefiate class, but niether are there all the time. I find it easier to relax and experiment when I spar with them, and both were there tonite.

Oso
05-16-2003, 04:28 AM
thanks, becca.

I do a bit and got through class ok but I don't have any wind at all...too much other crap in my lungs at the moment.

Vapour
05-16-2003, 06:21 AM
Cheng Man Ching 37 posture forms in the moring. Going to Aikido lesson tonight. Might do spear or broadsword or bokken drill before going to sleep.

David Jamieson
05-16-2003, 06:35 AM
10 mins of qigong (i guess, maybe more)
had breakfast
drank a coffee
surfed the forum for 10 mins
went up stairs to paint

...still painting :)

cheers

Former castleva
05-16-2003, 07:10 AM
"FC = No_Know "
What? :confused:

Yes,it´s quite a considerable one.

FatherDog
05-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Went to my orthopedist, got my foot X-rayed, confirmed that the bone has fully healed. Then I grabbed a cheesesteak and went to work.

Fred Sanford
05-16-2003, 02:50 PM
first I warmed up by running through tai chi, bagua, hsing-i and luihopafa.

then I did a few longfist forms, then did some bak mei, wing chun and S. Mantis then moved on to
seven star mantis, lost track boxing and hung gar.

then to cool down I did some boxing, muay thai, judo and a little bjj

shaolin-do ain't got nothing on me. I know 2000 forms.

Royal Dragon
05-16-2003, 05:40 PM
4:00 PM Dropped daughter off at 4 hour gymnastics lesson.

4:30 PM arrived at Argon National Lab's forest preserve and commenced to a short hike.

Who knows what time it is (Probably about 4:50 PM)

Found fallen tree, and used it as bridge to cross "Saw Mill Creek" and proceeded to follow secret trail to secret clearing in the woods on other side of creek.

Based on what I did, I spent about 2 hourse training stances, Kicking Drills and flexibility exercises. putting us at about 7:00 PM this evening.

Took secret trail back to fallen tree brige and crossed it. Took shorter trail to car because I was really tired, and having trouble walking (How I crossed the tree brige I have no idea, but I made it without falling in somehow).

7:15 PM got in car and looked at clock.

7:25 PM got home and realised I left my computer on, so I posted this silly post wile I suck as much water as I can because I over trained yet again and I'm dying right now.

7:34 PM Hit "Post" Button on KFM

7:34 and a half, collapsed form exaughstion still shaking and sweating like a major pig.

[EDIT]- God Danmit!!, I got puddles of sweat on my key board!! I stopped moving 25 minutes ago, you'd think I'd stop being all shakey and sweaty by now!!!!

Brad
05-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Did line drills and a chang quan form with the beginer class, went over 32 taiji jian with my parents, and walked through my mizong quan form in front of my teacher to make sure I remembered everything.

Chang Style Novice
05-17-2003, 05:37 AM
yesterday - carried boxes of books and furniture up and down stairs

today - carrying boxes of books and furniture up and down stairs

tomorrow - carrying boxes of art supplies, old pieces, and kitchen utensils up and down stairs.

In the May Texas heat.

Wheeeeeeee.

Kristoffer
05-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Only light morining training. Then I've helped a couple o buddies do their music video for 3 hours... Did some math (I should've done this the whole day but f that) I REALLY have to do alot of school work today. I'm gonna concentrate on this, catch the Simpsons in half an hour. Then do all the forms for a while and do more math.

:(

JusticeZero
05-18-2003, 10:49 PM
Today I slacked off. Nonetheless, I found time to ginga for a bit, do some acrobacia, toss a few stretch kicks, and throw playing cards down the hall (I was bored). not terribly much of any of them. Did about 50 resistencia, going down into low crouch, walking to the grocery store. Considered doing a bunch of kicks, but homework was more appealing.

Judge Pen
05-19-2003, 04:46 AM
It's been an unproductive weekend. It's amazing how waterpipes bursting can do that to you. Back at work waiting for the plumber to call. Still found time for tai chi sword and a Hsing I linkage set, but that's about it.

Oso
05-19-2003, 04:48 AM
...I now finally count myself as a whitewater open boater.

That is, I went down my first big river in my canoe saturday.

The Nolichucky is a class IV river. I swam 4 times, two of them with lots of rocks so I'm a little bruised and my left elbow hurts from the cross stroke. But it was a great day and was made totally sweet as I came down the last big rapid, hitting the lines perfectly, and got some oohs and aahs from the trip of rafting tourists sitting at the bottom of the rapid.

Becca
05-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Normal class to day. We started with ab burn-outs (lock-leg sit ups, eight count sit ups, side sit ups) then on to drilling some leg work and kicks followed by hand strike drills. Sparred in sets of three (first-leg strikes only, second-hand and arm strikes only, third-hand leg combos). Drilling before sparring was a big help. I didn't have to concentrate as much on what to attack with and how to place my feet, so I could focus more on how to counter and block. Didn't get beet up near as much as usual. Boke a couple nails, though.:D Seriosly, though. I think I will add those drills to my basic pre-class work-out.

Royal Dragon
05-21-2003, 05:20 AM
Was going to train, but I went on along Bike ride with Terri. It turned into an even longer hike when the Left Crank fell off my bike. :mad:

The 1 hour bike ride turned into a 2-1/2 hour hike. Oh well, I love to hike anyway.

bodhitree
05-21-2003, 05:39 AM
Only had time for some stretching and the 24 Yang. You know, the morning rush.

norther practitioner
05-21-2003, 09:10 AM
:eek:
the Left Crank fell off my bike.

It might be time for a new bike (if your cranks are just falling off like that)

Chang Style Novice
05-21-2003, 09:33 AM
After spending four days moving all my possessions up and down two flights of stairs in texas heat, I'm laying off for a bit. But I did try one handed pushups for the first time ever this morning, and totally blew it. I got three (sorta) out of my right arm and one (sorta) out of my left zrm.

Royal Dragon
05-21-2003, 10:34 AM
norther practitioner,

Reply]
Technically, it IS a new bike. Terri bought it for me as a gift several years ago, and I just never rode it too much. She and I live close to Argon National lab, and they are surrounded by forrest preserve with miles and miles of trails, so we decided since we both need the cardio, we are going to do alot of bike riding together. So basically, it's a new bike that's a few years old.

I bolted it back on, and lockitited the bolt. We will see if it holds. If not, I suspect the fit between the Crank and the shaft is wrong. In which case, I need a new shaft/crank combo. Actually, I know it's a sloppy fit from the factory. I predict more problems, but I'm waiting to see if locktite and realy cranking the bolt down extra hard works first.

FatherDog
05-21-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
:eek:

It might be time for a new bike (if your cranks are just falling off like that)

It might be time to see a doctor, if your crank's just falling off like that...

....oh, wait. Nevermind :D

Becca
05-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Did light stretching this am. visited an Aikido dojo this afternoon. My first impression of it was good. Haven't dicsided whether or not to start taking classes there yet, but they seem willing to work with iffy schedules. Don't know if I can fit any more class time into my current schedule. Guess I'll have do keep doing Aikido on my own time.:(

Royal Dragon
05-22-2003, 05:01 AM
Well, I figured out why my Crank keeps falling off. The left one is "Suposed" to be reverse threaded, to the natural tendancy is to tighten when you pedal. Mine is normally threaded for some bizzar assinine reason. Yup, you guessed it, the Crank fell off again yeasterday. I got out my drive, and halfway down the complex, about 1 Chicago city block, and it started to feel loose. I turned around and headded home, and it was almost off by the time I got there. I tried to stop and hand tighten it, but because I had "Locktited" it the night before, I was un able to turn the nut by hand. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Looks like I'm off to the bike shop for a new Crank assembley :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Becca
05-22-2003, 09:51 PM
I love it when Wosu Post leads class. You never know what he's going to have us do. Tonight, Sifu had to leave early due to illness, and he called Wosu in to cover for him. (Wosu is going for his Sifu next rank-test) He is one of my favorites, partially because he makes a point of making everyone want to work hard, partially because he gets the point of the lesson acrost better than most of the wosus or Sifus I know, but mainly 'cause you never know what his class will entail, and it will usually be off-the-wall.

Tonight we did dumpster relays for our cardio warm-up. That's were the whole class starts by touching the dumpster behind the kwoon. Then we all run as fast as we can picking up litter, then run it back to the dumpster. Repete untill there is no more litter.

The rest of class was kicking drills and the other fun stuff that goes with them, like walking around on the knife edge of our feet to train the ankles to take the impact of a full strength kick. :)

Serpent
05-22-2003, 10:40 PM
WTF is a wosu?

And that litter thing sounds interesting. I might get the students doing some tea making relays tonight. Maybe some house painting relays too! ;)

Royal Dragon
05-23-2003, 04:58 AM
"Wax oonnn, Wax ooofff"

Anyway, I taugt Taji, and drilled the 32 move Tai Tzu Chang Chuan set till I almost dropped. It was good cardio.

Becca
05-23-2003, 06:30 AM
Wosu means student instructor. In my style, you must be part on the "wosu" program to become a Sifu once you reach the upper ranks. Sifu gets a white sash with appropriat color fringe. Non-Sifu keeps standard black sash, I think.

Any who. I kind'a like Wosu Post's meathods. Policing the back parking lot is usually a pain and takes as long as an hour. There is a high school behind us, and those kids just don't seem to get the idea of what the trash cans and dumpster are for. Last night it only took 5 minets AND we got our cardio warmup.

Back to topic. I'm not overly sore today, so I did a full 20 min. cardio then another 30 min forms with stretching for flexability. Always do the flexability stretching as a cool down.

Shaolin-Do
05-23-2003, 06:36 AM
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How could I do such a thing!?!?!?!
Woke up at 7:30.... realized I missed a VERY important call from beautiful blonde female friend at 2:30 am.....
Didnt talk to her... just got message wanting to chill... :(
Why else do beautiful women want to chill at 2:30 am on thursday......?
F U C K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!