PDA

View Full Version : wu bu quan description please

5thBrother
05-15-2003, 08:40 AM
Hello.

could anyone please take the time to give me a discription of the wu bu quan stance form please.
or is there a url with a clip, pictures or written description of the form.

thank you

5th bro

BeiTangLang
05-15-2003, 11:05 AM
????

5thBrother
05-15-2003, 08:56 PM
looks at Bei in Blinks..

sorry.. i thought my english was quote good that time ... :( or maybe it's one of those "you don;t ask / really expect a reply to that do you" type of questions .. :(

but incase english was it.

i have heard mention a number of times here of a stance form called - i think - Wu Bu Quan - 5 step form.. which consists of da 5 basic stances.

i beleive it is a modern wushu gymnastics related form..

my question is:

1. do anyone know a url (webpage) that has a written description of the form, pictures of, or video clip of this form.

2. do anyone please write a descrition of the qu bu quan form please.

by "description" i don;t mean "it is form make up of the 5 basic stances practing to improve stances" etc..
i don;t know better word but what i mean is for example

1. (north) stand with feet together.
2. (north) step the right foot to the right into horse stance.
3. (east) step the rihgt foot to the back alittle as your turn to face the east in r bow stance.

etc etc

thank you for your consideration

B.Tunks
05-15-2003, 09:11 PM
5th,

5 step Boxing was originated from classical Chang Quan and was incorporated into the jiben gong of modern wushu but contains standard classical steps (of course it can be 'prettied up').
I have no time now but can answer your Q a little later.
B.T

(basically its kids boxing)
(ha ha, i just reread your post and I've answered in exactly the way you didnt want)...

5thBrother
05-16-2003, 02:24 AM
b.tunks

hi. thanks you :)

actually your post was very informative such as the origin of it.

thanks for the reply

:)

B.Tunks
05-16-2003, 06:20 AM
Briefly:

Face front feet closed, look left first with pulled fists, then step 90 degrees left half horse with left horizontal push palm turning to grasp, pivot to left Bow stance with right throat punch.

Right spring kick to groin with simultaneous left punch, step down to horse stance with right punch/left upper outer block (your back now faces previous front but eyes right).

Left leg steps to rear to drop into right cross stance (facing 180 degrees left) with right cover palm, left punch.

Stand up to right one leg stance with left cover palm, right spear hand to throat (your chest now faces original front).

Drop down to left crouch stance, left palm threads down (snake creeps down), continuing lead hand past foot, up and over to rear hook whilst right leg steps through to right empty stance with right palm to sternum (your back is now facing original front).

Left leg step up to feet together, pull fists to hips then drop to open hands (you are now facing the back).

Repeat both sides as many as required.

5thBrother
05-16-2003, 07:02 AM
B.tunks

Thank you very kindly for your trouble and time.

thank you.

5thBro