PDA

View Full Version : Articles, Southern Shaolin Temple, and Classes

passing_through
05-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Has anyone had a chance to read the Siu Nim Tau / Siu Lin Tau article on Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun? Only 12 months in the printing! It’s a pretty good read – slightly edited for space.

The July/August issue of Kungfu Qigong magazine features a new article by the VTM on the Southern Shaolin Temple. This is the first of 3 articles in process on Southern Shaolin based on information collected during Sifu Meng’s visit to the Southern Shaolin Temple, late last year. Also included in this issue are articles on White Crane, Secret Signs of the Hung Mun, and much more... the special focus in this issue is on Animal kung fu. Interested reading all around.

With the completion of the recent Chi Sim Weng Chun USA Instructor Course, the VTM now offers instruction in three separate lineages of Wing Chun /
Weng Chun:

Ip Man Wing Chun
Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun
and the newest addition: Chi Sim Weng Chun

Classes are taught separately in each system, no teaching is mixed. For more information, please contact the VTM at host@vtmuseum.org.

Jeremy R.

FIRE HAWK
05-15-2003, 08:13 PM
I have read the article on Hung F Yi Wing Chun Siu Nim Tau / Siu Lin Tau it is a good article . Does Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun have Qi na , Chi Na in Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun ? What is the Hung Fa Yi Bill Jee form like ?

Geezer
05-16-2003, 05:29 AM
Nice One!!!!

Sheldon;)

reneritchie
05-16-2003, 07:21 AM
Jeremy,

I went to the usual stores and couldn't find the issue, either its incredibly popular, or it's gone the way of softwood lumber. Will you be putting it online in the near future?

woseung
05-16-2003, 04:03 PM
I read the article. It's a nice peice and it gives a good clarification on the term siu nim tau and siu lim tau. I think it gives a good perspective on how the two terms are used in HFY. In the past, I haven't seen many articles make much of a difference between the two terms. It seems that some people prefer to use snt and others like to use slt without really explaining why. Great job!

yuanfen
05-17-2003, 08:51 AM
lim, nim, hoi, oi etc---
best to get a dissertation from folks really knowledgeable
in shades of pronunciation differences in actual regional or
location usages of Cantonese.
Cantonese is spoken in a wide area in and outside of mainland China.
Think of pronounciation differences in Gr Britain alone.
And- Cantonese does not have fixed English spellings.
Mountains can be made out of mole hills- biu, bil, sao, sau, gee,jee...

canglong
05-17-2003, 10:14 AM
"lim, nim, hoi, oi etc---
best to get a dissertation from folks really knowledgeable
in shades of pronunciation differences in actual regional or
location usages of Cantonese".
yuanfen

yuanfen, yes my kung fu family is very knowledgeable in many things the shades of pronunciation differences of Cantonese being just one. If you have a particular question we can answer we would be more than happy to answer them. If you just want to submit your editorial comments I think the Arizona Republic would be more than happy to hear from you.

yuanfen
05-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Canglong- my comments were to the list and in the flow of the thread and dealt with usage of terms.. When i need your clarification- rest assured- i will ask for it. Regarding the gratuitous advice on the Arizona Republic (ignoring the misplaced personalized sarcasm)--- the metro paper is a inappropriate
place to discuss wing chun kung fu.