PDA

View Full Version : Tai Chi, Push Hands, Chi Kung workshop.

blacktaoist
05-15-2003, 04:59 PM
Celebrate
the
Longest Day at Starfarm
with
Roosevelt Gainey and Rudy Curry
June 21st will be a day for building your own energy reserves, clearing
physical blocks,
and applying that energy in both healing or martial applications. It
will be both
enlightening and entertaining.

In the morning Roosevelt Gainey will work with students on breathing,
and
muscle/tendon/ligament strengthening and stretching in the Taoist
Tradition of "Bone
Marrow Washing". Open your body, and let the enrgy flow.

In the afternoon, you'll have two options: Healing or Martial
Application.

Martial Applications:
Rudy Curry, a long time student, and "teacher of teachers " under
Grandmaster William
C. C. Chen will lead a workshop in the basic T'ai Chi techniques of Peng
Lu Ji An
pushands, suitable for novices and experienced hands as well. I've
pushed with him. If
you've ever pushed with Master Chen, you will know Rudy's teacher when
you push
with Rudy.
Healing:
Lee Ellen Achten, Reiki Master Teacher, and T'ai Chi Qi Gong
practitioner, Will lead a
workshop on the Wei Qi Gong energy balancing technique of Professor Duan
Zhi Liang.
Those who have taken the workshop already, can take the opportunity for
refresher and
share, just for the peace.

After the workshops we'll rest and barbecue some chicken and have a
grand summer's
evening repast-bring a dish to share!

After we've rested a while we can play some more. We can drum and
dance, and play
sticky swords and push hands some more, or just sit by a fire until
we're tired enough to
call it a day.

Where : Starfarm T'ai Chi Search Center
When: June 21st 830AM until....
How Much: Half day $, all day $.
Call Laddie at 860-455-0353, or email for more info/directions.

Roosevelt Gainey
taoistgainey@earthlink.net

count
05-15-2003, 08:01 PM
Man you guys have all the fun on the other coast.:( Sure would like to meet Sifu Curry. Master Chen was in this months IKF with his daughter, Tiffany. I think she posts here sometimes. Not a bad layout. Taoist, you should put together something for that magazine.

blacktaoist
05-16-2003, 06:08 AM
you should put together something for that magazine.

I'm working on a article with Master Wang Rengang wife Jule. I just have to find time to take some photos for her article.

Sure would like to meet Sifu Curry.

Count are you still coming down to New York City in June? If you are you can hook up with Sifu Rudy, Also he be at Ben Hill BaGuaZhang tournament. Are you still comng this year? I hear from Ben, That your BaGua teacher is coming, as well his martial art brother Tony Yang and a few of his student's.

count
05-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Still trying to figure out all my travel plans. I may have to go to Chicago next month instead.

As far as the tournament, We are talking about it in class. It conflicts with the Wu Tang Annual tournament which I missed last year to come to yours. That's 8 days later in Ohio. I don't see how Tony Yang could make it with all their arrangements. If Jason goes to New York this time I will definitely be there. I'll ask him again tomorrow.

What kind of article is Julie planning? Training stuff I hope.

blacktaoist
05-16-2003, 05:36 PM
What kind of article is Julie planning? Training stuff I hope.

Training stuff , thats about it. Like I said I just have to find sometime to take some nice photos.

As far as the tournament, We are talking about it in class. It conflicts with the Wu Tang Annual tournament which I missed last year to come to yours. That's 8 days later in Ohio. I don't see how Tony Yang could make it with all their arrangements. If Jason goes to New York this time I will definitely be there. I'll ask him again tomorrow.

Well from what Ben told me, Your Teacher and Tony Yang give their word, they was coming to his BaGuaZhang Tournament this year. But hey its not my Tournament, so it don't matter to me.

Also count,you miss Tony Yang Tournament for Ben event. This is Ben hill Tournament not the Blacktaoist......LOL

I hear Tony Yang Tournaments are alright. But From the photos I seen on Tony Yangs Wu Tang website, His Wu Tang Annual tournament looks like a small event.

Anyway I was talking to Master Wang Rengang and a few of his students. He told me he was going to Tony Yangs Wu Tang Annual tournament this year with a few of his students that are going to compete in forms (I think Mantis) and fighting.

I was thinking of joining Master Wang this year to Tony Yang Compertition, But I 've not made up my mind yet? I'm very busy these days. If you can e-mail me some information about this event. Count do you know of anyone with some video footage of Tony Yang Wu Tang Annual tournament competition. I like to see the level of competition of his event.

Talk to you later.

BT

count
05-17-2003, 05:48 AM
Ya, I know it's Ben's tournament. I just meant your state or your brother or... It doesn't matter. You were there. Your students were the competition. Anyway, The Wu Tang tournament is a good one. In the hundreds. Not the 1000's I see at some TKD tournaments I've been to, but much more interesting. About like the Hung Gar guys had going on during the bagua tournament last year. It would be cool if you guys came there. The mantis division is pretty good. I thought the Baji/Piqua division was excellent. Maybe 30 or so in the Bagua division the year before. My guess is SARs will have an impact on everyones travel palns this year and that includes New York. I'll call you after class today.

Anyone interested can get info about the Wu Tang Annual at http://www.wutangcenter.com/tournament.htm

blacktaoist
05-17-2003, 03:27 PM
Ok cool, I talk to you later.