PDA

View Full Version : i watched some clips of those wushu guys/gals in action.....a question....

Mizong_Kid
05-17-2003, 08:11 AM
MY WORDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

how can they get do that.........i swear they would have to be training 5 days a week at least to be able to kick and jump that high. let alone the no hands cartwheels and butterfly kicks.

IN THIS BUSY DAY AND AGE WE LIVE IN..........and they can be so amazing at kung fu.........

so you think they trains hours on end 5 days a week??? is it possible in the world we live in today!

Sho
05-17-2003, 08:24 AM
Cool, huh? :)

Well, some people can do no-hand cartweels, high jumps, butterfly kicks and other cool tricks on their first try. Some people train 5 days a week for a decent length of time and still can't perform them. Life is unfair, people have to get used to it. :rolleyes:

David Jamieson
05-17-2003, 08:47 AM
Follow instruction as best as you are able, take your corrections and implement them and practice diligently with correct intent and you will succeed in your practice.

It really is just that. In Kungfu, wushu or anything in life.

It's not the time so much as it is the understanding. If you don't understand, all the time in the world is not going to aid you and poor practice is only poor practice.

cheers

Brad
05-17-2003, 02:44 PM
how can they get do that.........i swear they would have to be training 5 days a week at least to be able to kick and jump that high. let alone the no hands cartwheels and butterfly kicks.

IN THIS BUSY DAY AND AGE WE LIVE IN..........and they can be so amazing at kung fu.........

so you think they trains hours on end 5 days a week??? is it possible in the world we live in today!
If you're talking about the Chinese wushu people, they baiscally train full time.(8 hours a day 6 days a week I think). It's possible for some of us to do that, but you'd have to be poor and have little social life, and mostly stay off these ****ed internet forum :D. I think I can get in about 30 hours a week training, but I'm just not strong enough to keep up that kind of pace yet :p

omarthefish
05-17-2003, 05:28 PM
If you want to see something comparable from westerners just watch the floor routines of any gymnastics competition. You will see the same skill set from all sorts of nationalities.

PHILBERT
05-17-2003, 11:19 PM
I knew a guy my first semester of college who practiced Wushu. Former state champion in gymnastics, he only practiced a few nights a week and a few hours each of those nights. Buff as hell though.

Former castleva
05-18-2003, 02:46 AM
Think I might prefer figure skating,these days.

Liokault
05-18-2003, 03:38 AM
Still having a problem conecting what is called Whu Shu to kung fu or any other martial art.

David Jamieson
05-18-2003, 07:56 AM
Liokault-

The connection is "art".

Kungfu can be a performance art (wushu) and it can be a mechanism of fighting and defending oneself. It is a lot of things but not limited just to martiality. Some people work hard at the "art" and not so hard at the "martial". This brings enjoyment for students and practitioners at multiple levels. Not one dimensional in the least. :)

cheers

jun_erh
05-18-2003, 10:03 AM
was it this site? (http://www.bilang.com/)

Xebsball
05-18-2003, 10:23 AM
i like break dancing much better, one day ill learn those stuff

Kristoffer
05-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Wushu IS kung fu! Wushu is the traditional name for martial art. gong fu is just a term for skill. So then you understand. ALL arts you call 'KUNG FU' is WUSHU. These high jumping ballet guys are doing a MODERN form of Wushu. But a Shaolin style is TRADITIONAL WUSHU.

:mad:

Mizong_Kid
05-18-2003, 12:03 PM
forget bilang, thats just a lot of insanely amazing kicks. not really kung fu forms

but the video clips i downloaded were of national competitions in america. american wushu teams. and these guys/girls were amazing. the kicks and stuff they were doing were no way as extreme as those in bilang or the stuff ken terada does.........

i am more interested in the kung fu than tkd and karate etc.

if you go onto kazaa you can find all the clips i saw of these guys performing in a competition.

i wanna be able to do a no hands cartwheel and a butterfly! it was most inspiring!!!

any wushu guys out there that can give some tips? :D

Starchaser107
05-18-2003, 01:29 PM
Classes are six days a week at my school. but we train traditional kungfu,not modern wushu.

Ben Gash
05-18-2003, 02:31 PM
They train differently. Contemporary wushu guys tend to have a far smaller repetoire than most traditional stylists, so they've got less to practice to start with. They also have a better method of teaching the more acrobatic stuff. They learn several different steps which then link together to form the whole movement.
The other starnge thing is simply expectation. If you sit there and think "that looks ridiculously hard" you'll struggle. If you think "teacher's going to expect me to do this and all the others can do it" you'll be amazed at the difference.

Kumkuat
05-18-2003, 02:51 PM
Yeah I would prefer bboying as well since you try to look good instead of acting like you're fighting (unless you're uprocking).

sticky fingers
05-19-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Mizong_Kid

i wanna be able to do a no hands cartwheel and a butterfly! it was most inspiring!!!

any wushu guys out there that can give some tips? :D

wear a helmet

Suntzu
05-19-2003, 07:35 AM
so you think they trains hours on end 5 days a week??? is it possible in the world we live in today! I get about 6 days a week training… can't do all that flyin crap… I too much rather break… but 5 days a week training isn't that hard to manage… just leaves little time for everything else…