PDA

View Full Version : i CANT do weights..

foolinthedeck
05-17-2003, 02:07 PM
just saw another 'should we do weights?' thread.

in regards to this, i always found that when i was going to the gym alot i just didnt do any wing chun, my motivation for it just died, and vice versa. so now doing more wing chun i CANT do weights.

even if i try to do one in the morning and the other at night it really gives me a huge headache - yes thats right it actually hurts my brain as i working for greenpeace while polluting the environment, its so big a conflict.

any thoughts? anyone have similar exp. not people who are 100% pro or con weights use, but those who just CANT mix both weights and wing chun.

yuanfen
05-17-2003, 02:35 PM
1. I have no objection to people doing weights- if it helps them in some way.

2. I dont use barbells, dumbells, and dont feel the need to do so...the bat jam dos, the kwans, the mok jong and a couple of Indian hand weapons give me sufficient supplements for the motions I am interested in developing.. I have some chakrams but have not practiced with them while waiting for Xena.

TjD
05-17-2003, 02:52 PM
how were you lifting? it shoulds like you were lifting wrong, or doing some sort of bodybuilding routine (which are generally useless as far as health/strength are concerned)

Ernie
05-17-2003, 06:49 PM
how were you eating if you don't have the right fuel , migrain city. working out without proper nutrition is a car wreck waiting to happen.
when you work out it should give you more energy and endurance . but if you train wrong and eat wrong , well it just sucks .
there was some very good advice on nutrition on other threads check it out if you haven't .
good luch either way health and fitness are far more important the wing chun skill. you may never get in a fight but you use your body all your life.

IronFist
05-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Bodybuilding routines, among other things, leave you sore and unable to practice MA sometimes. Training for pure strength, however, will add little mass, and generally does not leave you sore (after the first few workouts if you're a noob) and therefore able to train MA.

Good luck.

IronFist

cha kuen
05-17-2003, 09:20 PM
Weights are okay but just lift weights for the wrong reason. if someone wants to lift weights to get more power, then that does not benefit a real martial artist. (At least not kung fu)