PDA

View Full Version : why internal artists dont troll?

foolinthedeck
05-17-2003, 02:27 PM
i was just wondering,
compared to say the wing chun forum, most of the regular, and indeed irregular posters in the internal thread dont seem to be so political, argumentative, ignorant, etc.

does this represent the true centering which comes from internal practice?

or is that once you have tasted good wine, and developed a taste for its strong flavours, then there is no longer any need to say bad things about cheap wine?

i suppose i'd just like to say that the 'atmosphere' on this forum is so much better - thank you to those who are deserving of thanks!

shaolin kungfu
05-17-2003, 02:48 PM
It's probably because everyone on this forum is a hippy, and hippies don't argue.:p

Seriously though, tai chi seems to calm people down a bit, so maybe that's why.

Laughing Cow
05-17-2003, 03:17 PM
foolinthedeck.

Agreed the Internal forum here has a lot less political and similar fights than I see on many other IMA boards.

We got the same lineage squabbles and other disagreements that you can find in Wing Chun or Southern styles and some boards are bad.

I think most practicioners simply see them for what they are and rather train to advance their own skill.

Another thing might be that by now there is a lot of info about the different styles their methods and principles available.

Even the TJQ classics a available for FREE on the Net.

Also have to agree with Shaolin Kungfu, IMA appear to attract a more relaxed and calm crowd than some other styles.

Or maybe it is because it is harder to get past the initial stages and thus a lot of people are kinda weeded out early on.

Vapour
05-17-2003, 04:35 PM
List of taichi topics which cause dispute.

*Earl Montegue
- Dim Mak is the secret of taijiquan, Old Yang Forms is the real deal, Earl knows fajing.

*Small/Large Frame Chen
- Which one got the true transmission from their dad.

*Chen isn't really taijiquan, Yang is.

*24 steps is a crap form

*British Lee style are completely made up style.

Care to add any others?

I just realised that all of these boil down to

"My dad (sifu) is better than your dad."

omarthefish
05-17-2003, 05:26 PM
Is Baji!!! internal?

Can you use it?

Is competition good?

Brad
05-17-2003, 06:11 PM
-"Is Baji!!! internal?"
No

-"Can you use it?"
Absolutley not. It's a weak pansy art designed for little girls and grandmothers.

-"Is competition good?"
Only losers don't compete.

:D

Former castleva
05-18-2003, 02:13 AM
It´s hard for them but they´ll breathe deeply,count to 10 and keep it inside,internally.

David Jamieson
05-18-2003, 09:06 AM
hahahahahahahaha....pause.....hahahahahahahahaha.

Yes, it's all pushed down inside into a tight little ball of rage and then one day it just explodes out into the world and the internal stylist rips a limb off of some poor inadvertant offender. :D

people are people, the so called internal styles are percieved as "hippy attraction" styles, but those with proficiency in the so called internal styles (Hsing I, Tai Chi, Pa Kua) aren't the softies people think them to be from the association with the so called hippies :)

besides, really good practitioners will internalize an so called external style and vice versa. At the apex, there is no notable difference in performance when shown by an adept or master.

cheers

omarthefish
05-18-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Brad
-"Is Baji!!! internal?"
No

-"Can you use it?"
Absolutley not. It's a weak pansy art designed for little girls and grandmothers.

-"Is competition good?"
Only losers don't compete.

:D

See ther ya go. You *******. Nobody asks if you can use BAJI!!! I meant the internal martial arts since WE ALREADY ESTABLISHED BAJI!!! IS AN EXTERNAL STYLE!

Losers compete! Otherwise, how could they 'lose'? If you had gotten the real BAJI!!! from your teacher you would know this. Unfortunately there's some folks out there who just can't cope with the fact that their teacher was a dumb illiterate peon who couldn't fully grasp all the theoretical intricacies of the style.

RAF
05-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Omarthefish, you are killing me!!! Baji is not and never has been an External system (nor an internal system). There is no such creature.

Its degree of completedness is the key to understanding baji/pigua.

You do believe me when I tell you that hen haa breathing is part of the training and found in the auxilliary exercises, please? You do believe me about the "Eating the Sun" exercise being used to train for reverse breathing?

Come visit so we can have some fun and cry in our beers about our longing for China. Ain't SARS a Bytch!

omarthefish
05-19-2003, 09:25 AM
Foolinthe deck,

You see what you've started? Now there's a feud between me and RAF !

RAF,

Akron? I could really go for an evening of tearfull drunkeness. Through the wonders of net2phone and Yahoo voice chat, I get my own personal SARS report about every other day. If for some strange reason I find myself in Ohio, I'll definately swing by but for the meantime I'll just have to be content with the occasional visit to Jason Tsou and Count and the gang.

count
05-19-2003, 09:51 AM
Omar,
Show up this week and you'll get a taste of the Baji Chi Kung. Might give you a taste of how "internal" Baji can be. (OR NOT) We'll probably all head to Akron or the Wu Tang Anuual Tournament, this fall. If you're still around it's worth the trip. The Baji guys come from all over. I will of course, be hanging out with the "HIGHER LEVEL" Bagua people.:p

BAI HE
05-19-2003, 12:03 PM
if this turns into another "To tuck or not to tuck thread"
I will come to your school in my sleeveless silk Daoist robe
and chi blast you into next week.

HuangKaiVun
05-19-2003, 01:17 PM
A lot of internalists DO troll.

They just hide it better - at least until they're called out to test hands by those who they disrespect.

Then they get BEAT UP.

brassmonkey
05-19-2003, 08:55 PM
I used to do some agenda trolling in alot of my older posts(don't know if you can call me internal practioneer.) I think with time and alil more skill we care less and less what others think. Wow can't believe I'm agreeing with HuangV(no offense I just have a few differences of opinion), alot of the internal guys are just more subtle with theyre trolling others are straight to the point with any conflict, just different personalities I guess.

Leimeng
05-20-2003, 12:15 AM
~ Maybe people dont troll here cause they realized that their teachers are actually disciples or ashida kim or bruce k frantzis and cant live with the fact so they hide it behind pseudo intellectual hogwash
~ Maybe people dont troll here cause they are busy training or working
~ Maybe people dont troll here cause they dont know how to
~ Maybe people dont troll here cause ralek tapped them out and they dont want to get called on it
~ Maybe people dont troll here cause they dont go to mma shows
~ Maybe people dont troll here cause they dont care
~ Maybe people dont troll here cause they dont know how to lighten up
~ Maybe people dont troll here cause (most) of the participants in the forumn are older than 14 and a few actually can write without a grammer and spell check
~ Maybe people dont troll here cause it is no fun
~ Hope you have a good time

Peace

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue