PDA

View Full Version : This "head" is not that "head"

Phenix
05-18-2003, 06:28 AM
Lots of things has been discussed... I am waiting for any one to bring this "head" topic out. Tug head, bow head........
certainly different "head" different art..... since no one bring it up. Here I brought it out..... so everything will be more and more clear....

"I have also had plenty of experience and extensive conversations with Dragon system and Southern praying mantis practitioners during my days of Chi sau competitions. I find that when I compair the approaches of kiu sau it has been my experience that these three share very simular approaches when dealing with energy. "

When the head and the chest structure is different, how similar the energy will be?

Miss a head will miss 1000000 miles. How are they hold thier head?

"
I find that when I compair the approaches of kiu sau it has been my experience that these three share very simular approaches when dealing with energy. "

I have to agree with you since you know your art the best.
IF that is the case, then we are talking about different martial art but wing chun kuen.

Wing Chun don't "tug" the head out like others. Since everyone talks about Small idea "head", Small traning "head".... these days
find out how is the head of Wing Chun compare with other head such as white crane and S. Mantis........
Which "head" is the closes "head"?

Is it White Crane from FUjian or S. Shao LIn or Hak Kar? Observe the head. you see it.

What do you all think?

kj
05-18-2003, 06:47 AM
I don't know enough about the other arts to offer credible comparisons. However, I must wholly agree that the nature of the head (in its many senses) and body, as you suggest, are key components and indicators about the fundamental nature of an art. So there is one opinion for your survey.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo