PDA

View Full Version : eating right for your blood type.

kirionkane
05-18-2003, 01:43 PM
hi,,
anyone tried that diet that requires knowing your blood type, as they say certain types need increases in certain vitamins? i dont even know my type, but i got a kit off the net that will tell me. then i have to get that book,, eat right for your type.

Repulsive Monkey
05-18-2003, 11:54 PM
I do recall reading a medical article which sid that that was a load of rubbish to be honest. Some of the info was at best negligable. I really don't see the difference apart from scarcity of same blood types with the rare types, and thats it. It just sounds like an excellent health scare method with tremendous commercial value to it. If you've got a weak blood type then you need to buy this this and that, which our company have researched and produced, so you'll be alright now and we'll pocket the gains.
I really wouldn't bother to be honest, just eat a balanced diet, exercise, regularly, meditate, and alwasy always try to live life with the best of intentions towards others.

Former castleva
05-19-2003, 08:16 AM
This is kind of funny but I think I´ll have to agree with Repulsive Monkey on this one. :)
I´m highly skeptical (as usually) of this diet and as far as I remember,it is questionable and unless they convince me about it´s scientifical basis then I recommend others to practice a bit of rational thought too.
:)

Remember,diets of various kinds have and will pop up.

"I read the book and was surprised to see that the recommendations for O Positive blood type were very similar to the dietary recommendations in Ayurveda for people of Pitta Dosha. Both of which I am."
I´m not extremely surprised to notice that this diet agrees with alt. medicine doctrines,which further encourages my skepticism.

Repulsive Monkey
05-19-2003, 11:52 PM
I do not think it has any connection, as such, with alternative medicine, but I just feel that types of blood have never been proven to be more or less deficient or lacking in this vitamin or that mineral exclusively enough to require tailor made diets to correct it.
Integrity of red and white blood cells and its various components, especially haemoglobin are foundationally sound if the fiet, exercise and lifestyle of an individual is good. This is of course barring any congenital defects, but then this book isn't about blood diseases etc its basically saying some blood types are better than others, which, I feel, is absolute rubbish.