PDA

View Full Version : who beats who?

Leimeng
05-20-2003, 12:26 AM
~ I was just thinking today about something I heard someone say to me several years ago, or maybe I read it…

~ If you have a Japanese Martial Artist in a fight against a Chinese Martial Artist the Chinese Martial Artist will win because their technique and training are superior in every way.
~ If you have three Japanese Martial Artists fight against three Chinese Martial Artists the three Japanese Martial Artists will win because the three Chinese Martial Artists will end up arguing and fighting against themselves about lineage and positioning of the hand and who is the most authentic and traditional in their training methods.

~ Have a good day and don’t take anything that is not important too seriously.

Peace

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

Vapour
05-20-2003, 06:47 AM
A Chinese friend of mine told me another version of this.

"Each Chinese are dragons. Put three Chinese together and they are pigs."

omarthefish
05-20-2003, 08:34 AM
In China I heard more than a few Chinese tell me of a famous quote by some famous writer (do ALL famous quotes have to come from Confucious?) : One by one we are dragons, but collected into a group we all become worms.

I think the contrast between dragons and worms is more poetic than between dragons and pigs.

shadow
05-27-2003, 11:53 AM
I Chuan grandmaster Wang Hsiang Chai had this one pegged nearly a 100 years ago. I would tend to believe the same is true today. Too many cma put too much emphasis on physical movement (fancy forms and shiny weopons), as well as, master\disciple relationship of my master can beat your master. or my style is better than your style, they forget the true esscence of kung fu. Remember, Grandmaster Wang defeated all challengersof every conceivable style, including, Kenchi Sawi a ninth dan in Judo and seventh dan in jui jit su and trained Sumurai. Grandmaster Wang' s statements are as true today as they were nearly a 100 years ago.