PDA

View Full Version : Gym Prices

ewallace
05-20-2003, 09:03 AM
My wife just quit her job so now I have to actually pay to workout since I don't have the $$ to buy the equipment I want. I found one for $25 a month and best of all there are no contracts.

Just curious how much you all pay (monthly) for your gym membership.

Ford Prefect
05-20-2003, 09:30 AM
I pay $59. My facility has a pool and basketball court that I use regularly though. The sauna's, jacuzzi's, and steam rooms are just added benefits. If I didn't want to use the pool, I'd probably only pay $30 or so.

Becca
05-20-2003, 09:50 AM
$185 per year at my local rec center for a family pass. Weight room, pool, sauna, steam room, indoor track, and about 6 courts. One of the courts is always reserved for wrestling/MA use with mats, climbing ropes and heavy bags. They also have lots of activities for kids of all ages, so I don't have to worry about finding a sitter while I work out. :)

Becca
05-20-2003, 09:55 AM
that's about $15 a month. maybe anothe $5 or so for the kids' to do special stuff like tiny tots and swim lessons.

IronFist
05-20-2003, 10:05 AM
Wow, some of you guys have cheap gyms!

The gym I go to just raised their prices to $70 a month. You can get discounts if you buy 3 month or year memberships tho.

There's a hospital that has a nice gym here, it's $70 a month plus a $270 or something initiation fee. Booo.

My University makes you pay $30 to use it over the summer if you're not taking summer school. That's a good price.

IronFist

FatherDog
05-20-2003, 11:43 AM
I pay 150 USD per year to use the complete University gym facilities... but that's a perk of working for a school. :D Faculty and staff get it free, the bastids...

CD Lee
05-20-2003, 11:52 AM
27 a month for Bally's Premere Membership, which means I can use any club nationwide. I travel, so that is the numero uno benefit. Of course they have pools, weights, blah, blah...all the fancy feel good stuff. I use the free weights and go home.

My membership runs out soon and it will cost me 22.00 month for the next year.

I am going to buy a new 300 lb. Olympic weight set, with a good bench and a few dumbells for use at home. I can get the weights for 99.00 at Academy, and a bench for close to the same, although I may splurge on a bench if it is good. I hate cheap benches. So for around 300.00 I can have a decent set of weights at home for quick workouts.