PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Lung ying practioners

Grinding Hands
05-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Does anybody here study dragon style? I have been trying to find info on the web but very little. Any schools in or near chicago? Or maybe the midwest? Any help would be appreciated.

Ao Qin
05-20-2003, 10:42 AM
I practice Dragon Style in Winnipeg. I haven't heard of any Dragoners in Chicago, but I'd be astonished if there weren't! What part of Canada do you hail from?

Cheers - Ao Qin

Grinding Hands
05-20-2003, 10:49 AM
Sorry im not from canada. my cousin likes to put funny things on my profile when im not around. Im from chicago illinois in the US.

Grinding Hands
05-20-2003, 03:12 PM
How long have you been studying?

joedoe
05-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Look up a member of the forum call Triskellin. She practices Lung Ying here in Sydney but I think she knows of many schools around the world. Drop her a PM.

Grinding Hands
05-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Thanks!

JADE ROSE
05-23-2003, 04:56 AM
Look at wahnam.com.au a guy there teaches Lung Ying, I think he even does internet courses or something.

Grinding Hands
05-23-2003, 10:58 AM
I checked his site and hes doing a course for Bak Mei.
Theres a guy in california that teaches LYMK and also offers a correspondence course. I might do the course or actually go there. But since my fathers sick I must stay home. Chinatown is 20 min away from me. Im pretty sure theres a lung ying sifu. Finding him would be close to impossible, getting a lesson even more.

mono68
05-29-2003, 04:27 PM
have you check out the Dragon style websites. Such as :
Sorjourn Past which is Sifu Steve Martin in San Diego.
Dragon sign in Fl. which is a Sifu lam.
sifu Yip wing hong from NYC , and Sifu Lo in the Bay area in CA.

BetaSao
06-03-2003, 04:17 PM
Your initial inquiry was regarding Chicago or the mid-West area, and unfortunately I do not know of anyone in that area that teaches Dragon style. However, if you have any like interests regarding the San Diego area, I can highly recommend a guy by the name of Ng Man Keong. He teaches in Balboa Park on Sunday, and was one of the chief instructors for the Lung Ying Association in Hong Kong before he came to the US. The guy is an incredible Southern Lung Ying stylist, and if you are in the area, you should seek him out. He is definitely a top master of the style.

4 Dragons
06-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Hi BetaSao,

Is Sunday the only time Ng Man Keong teaches? I am considering relocating somewhere in the US to get Dragon Style training and San Diego sounds doable if the training is more than once a week.

Thanks,
4 Dragons

meltdawn
06-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Regarding Wu Man Keung, please contact me through the school's email. He only teaches on Sunday. That should not be your only prerequisite. Why will you move to learn this style when you have not first-hand experience?

4 Dragons
06-06-2003, 05:31 AM
meltdawn,

How can I get first hand experience unless I am in a school? If no school exists where I am should I never go? What constitutes first hand experience in your book? I have seen Southern Dragon in action and I have visited a school and I have read about Southern Dragon. What more can I do without actually being in a school? If I was already in a school why would I want to relocate so that I could learn that style? I'm a little confused here.
I can also assure you that my prerequisites for training and moving to do so are plentiful and I have no reason to go into them in a public forum. I am just asking for information.

4 Dragons

BetaSao
06-06-2003, 01:35 PM
4 Dragons:

As far as I know, Sundays at the park are his normal classes. Now this does not mean that he does not teach in private or somewhere else. My suggestion is that if SD is a possibility for your relocation, go make a trip out there and look for him. Sit down with him and have a chat with him. In fact, take part in his class at the park..... he is really low key and I don't think he will have an issue with that. In fact, he is really friendly and enjoys talking Lung Ying with people who are genuinely interested.

4 Dragons
06-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Hi BetaSao,

Thanks for the reply. I think SD may be a possibility but there are so many things to consider. Jobs, cost of relocating, etc. Right now I am in the searching stage so it's still a while off yet. San Francisco or Seattle would be ideal so if anyone knows a teacher in the same lineage as Ng Man Keong let me know.

Thanks very much,
4 Dragons

JADE ROSE
06-07-2003, 07:27 PM
Check that wahnam.com.au website closer there are 3 styles he teaches Pak Mei, Lung Ying & Jow Gar. I know for sure he does correspondence courses as my friend gets sent videos of Pak Mei forms that he has to mimic and send his vid back to get graded on. They are always on the e-mail together discussing the things he needs to improve.
So I am pretty sure that he will do the same for Dragon Style and with the exchange rate of the Australian Dollar to the American it might only cost a packet of lollies per form hahahha.