PDA

View Full Version : Canada Meat

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 09:13 AM
Just saw on the news that the U.S. will not be importing anymore candian beef due to their outbreaks of "mad cow" disease.

Guess we will just have to settle for the vast amounts of illegal narcotics that cross over their border every year.

norther practitioner
05-21-2003, 09:22 AM
There has been some beaf (pun intended) with the US and Canada lately over the whole weed thing too lately.

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 09:38 AM
Their should be as Canada is Americas biggest supplier of grass.

David Jamieson
05-21-2003, 09:38 AM
Guess we will just have to settle for the vast amounts of illegal narcotics that cross over their border every year.

Yeah, like we settle for the mass amounts of mindless drivel television shows, illegal firearms, crack and heroin that your country provides us with. :D

btw, the mad cow was one cow in Alberta. There have been no other cases so far.

cheers

Chang Style Novice
05-21-2003, 09:39 AM
I doubt that - I bet most of it is domestic.

fa_jing
05-21-2003, 09:39 AM
I thought most weed was grown domestically, followed by imports from Mexico?

old jong
05-21-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Black Jack

...Must be from the same sources that see mass destruction weapons everywhere....

KC Elbows
05-21-2003, 09:43 AM
I'm pretty sure the weed comment was sarcasm. If not, thank you Canada.

David Jamieson
05-21-2003, 09:45 AM
Uh, i think you guys are dreaming on the cannabis thing too.

California and Mexico are the largest providers of cannabis to the states.

The beef between the States and Canada about Cannabis is because of Canadas decision to decriminalize the stuff (not unlike quite a few states down south).

By decriminalizing cannabis, we get to free up our judicial system from all the dumb arse possession of a joint charges that get in the way of getting the real criminals where the belong.

Anyway, the american government likes to push all these "wars on stuff" and this more accepting or at least tolerant view makes their hairs stand up because the reality of it will show the statesmen who go for the war on this and the war on that what a load aof poppy**** they are pushing on the folks there.

Do politicians really think people are so stupid as to believe all that stuff they tend to throw out at us as truth? We have our share of morons in office here too. way too many of them. But, things never change do they.

cheers

old jong
05-21-2003, 09:49 AM
BTW
There is one mad cow in Canada and we know her.
Do you know all your mad cows in the states?...That guy is not affraid of a single mad cow! (http://www2.canoe.com/archives/infos/national/media/2003/05/20030521-115636-g.jpg)

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 09:54 AM
You just have your panties in a bunch because you know I am right and your country is one big drug pusher. Try to make some logical sense when you guys rant about illegal firearms and weapons of mass destruction.

Canada is the biggest kiddie pimp of grass to the untied states.
California is not even close but Mexico sure is the other bad boy in the bunch.

Take pride in the fact that right now some 13 year old kid is gettting high on Canadian weed. Feel the pride.:rolleyes:

shaolin kungfu
05-21-2003, 09:57 AM
What's your problem with weed, black jack?

old jong
05-21-2003, 10:03 AM
Some are high on pot and some are high on war.Nothing is perfect.

David Jamieson
05-21-2003, 10:04 AM
BJ-

I'll take more pride in the fact that some chemotherapy patient is getting relief from the nausea by using Canadian Cannabis. Or that someones vision is improving, orthat someones quality of life is better now because of this natural plant substance.

btw, Canada is not the biggest weed supplier to the states, California has that hook line and sinker. You also have 9 states that support medical use of cannabis.
btw, your federal government does not support those tolerances.

cheers

KC Elbows
05-21-2003, 10:06 AM
Black Jack, I'd be more worried if that thriteen year old were drinking wisconsin beer. Or worse: canadian weed with wisconsin beer!:eek:

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 10:06 AM
I have nothing against a mature adult doing weed in the privacy of his own home with the exception that I think its pretty silly that a person's life sucks so much they need to get high all the time.

I had plenty of stoner friends...had...its hard to keep a conversation with an eggplant.

Kung Lek- Whateverrrrrr.......I am glad you think its cool for kids to smoke pot. How new age of you man.

KC Elbows
05-21-2003, 10:08 AM
So, the only cause for having a few too many is because life is bad?

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 10:10 AM
I found that to be a lot more pc than to just say drug addict.

What is the other reason besides religous that you can use?

Chang Style Novice
05-21-2003, 10:12 AM
It's fun. You don't have to be depressed to want to have fun.

KC Elbows
05-21-2003, 10:12 AM
So, if I have a few too many glasses of wine or beer at a celebration once in a while, I am a drug addict?

So celebration.

I'm not saying there are not people addicted to whatever substance, just that there are a lot of people who don't fall under that heading.

shaolin kungfu
05-21-2003, 10:13 AM
I'd say the main reason people smoke pot is because they like it, not because their life sucks. In fact, most of my stoner friends(yes, i can have conversations with them) have very good lives.

Chang Style Novice
05-21-2003, 10:14 AM
And really, the "weed makes you dumb" myth should be about over by now. Carl Sagan attributed his Nobel-prize winning insights into the nature of the universe to getting high, to take only one example of many.

Edit - see also the complete moron in my avatar.

KC Elbows
05-21-2003, 10:20 AM
I will be first to admit, however, that getting stoned before something that involves sociallizing with non-stoned people is really annoying. It's basically not unlike talking to drunk people- why bother.

That doesn't mean their sober state is the same.

David Jamieson
05-21-2003, 10:20 AM
The thing about teenagers is that they tend to do whatever it is you tell them not to.

This is also common in the rest of the population demographs. The more you want to press someone down with what you think, the more they are going to find a way to do what it is you don't want them to do.

At least, this has been my experience in what I've seen and done myself. I think every kid out there has done something that is considered unacceptable to the status quo, that's part of being a kid.

But you see, cannabis doesn't present the imminent danger that people would have you believe. Quite a few people are aware now that it was made illegal because of William Randolph Hearst (Big American wealthy tycoon) wanted to get out of his commitments to the Kentucky Hemp farmers who supplied him with his paper.

He then went off, bought huge tracts of land in washington state and deforested them so he could use his new process of making paper from trees.

In short, he was responsible for a lot of the forestry problems we have today. Hemp is more recyclable (longer fibres than trees), makes better paper and paper products, and is a quickly renewable resource. So, Hearst finances a couple of scare films and tags the plant with a mexican slang word "marajuana" and tells the american public that it's evil and if you use it you will go insane and start killing people. hahahahahaha...yeesh. The Feds pass a law making "marajuana" illegal. 2 days after the law passes, the AMA (american mediacl association) asks the question "what the heck is marajuana?". When they are told by the feds that it is cannabis, they freak out! This plant is incredibly useful for its compounds as a medicinal wonder drug of sorts. (it's not just for smoking and goofing kids). Since then, all by products of cannabis have had to be purchased from outside the country and are a controlled substance. Kind of like shooting yourself in the foot for the sake of one mans fortune and wealth. To bad money is the ultimate leash on the politicians. Stupid greedy morons all. Probably 1 good person in 1000 when it comes to politicians. If that!

btw, I don't agree with the idea of anyone that is in their teens using any recreational drugs whatsoever. Their bodies are growing and any substance you injest has effects on that growth.
Once your body has grown to it's mature form, then by all means do what you want, but do it in moderation.

-Black Jack, if you can show me once where I said it's ok for kids to smoke drugs I'll give you a shiny new nickle. What is it with you right wing alarmists always needing to put words in other peoples mouths anyway?

cheers

Merryprankster
05-21-2003, 10:21 AM
What if it was Wisconsin Weed and Canadian beer? YIKES!

I believe Kentucky grows a great deal of our pot. Oddly enough, I seem to recall that the majority of MJ is grown on public lands, national parks and the like. LOL!

Merryprankster
05-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Kung Lek,

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know the other side of the story? Or if there are any holes in the research? Or are you just spouting again?

KC Elbows
05-21-2003, 10:25 AM
All this talk about weed is making me hungry. Where can I get a good burger in Alberta?

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 10:29 AM
Those reasons are fine I just have seen the other side of grass and lets just say I don't want any part of it and their are a LOT of loser tokkers out their.

People that light up when their kids are in the house, people that drive high, people that role out of bed and light up, people that instead of investing the money for their kids or pre-paying bills will go spend $100 bucks + on grass without thinking yet they ***** about paying their phone bill, people that have to be high when they do anything, not to mention the losers who grow and sell the stuff right out of their own house when they have kids and yet they are so mind-blasted they really think these kids are not going to notice that mom and dad do drugs, or worse the welfare cases that find the cash to buy it.

Its a whole mind assine mindset. I have seen it also become a gateway drug that turned into a heron death much later. You think the guy would of just jumped right into hardcore drugs...bs.

If you are a mature adult go ahead but don't except everybody to go with the choice.

Kung Lek- You did not really answer my question so I just assumed, like I still assume because you still really did not give me a direct answer, Canada imports drugs and kids smoke Canadas drugs, you dont seem to be for outlawing weed in your beatnick side of town, and what is it with you liberal control freaks that makes you believe that everyone is stupid and that they can not function without the assistance of big bro?

David Jamieson
05-21-2003, 10:31 AM
MP- the story I gave is abridged to be sure. But it is in essence what happened. If you want to know the story, it's not to hard to find out the facts on what caused cannabis to become illegal in North America.

Hearst is the primary player and it has to do with paper from hemp versus paper from tree fibre. Hearst used the drug angle to get his way. btw, hemp used fo paper has hardly any of the active drug in it at all, it's really amazing how he got away with it.

Can you tell me or show me where another side is? Cause I've looked and so far, that is why it was made illegal.

Did you know that in Canada, it is considered a "narcotic"? And that it is in law under the narcotic control act here. Meanwhile, chemically, it is hardly even similar to narcotics.

Dang "look say" schooling and the dumbing of society! ahahaha. people hardly understand the meanings behind words anymore don't they?

cheers

Chang Style Novice
05-21-2003, 10:31 AM
I don't want any part of it and their are a LOT of loser tokkers out their.

Yep. And some loser tokers out there are into correcting spelling mistakes on the internet.:D

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 10:36 AM
Must of been a contact high.

My thing is if you NEED to get high you are a joke. I guess all you stoners are offended because I insulted your plant.:rolleyes:

MasterKiller
05-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Yep. And some loser tokers out there are into correcting spelling mistakes on the internet

Others just use their Daddy to get them a job in the White House.

oh wait....

That's coke-heads.

Sorry.

shaolin kungfu
05-21-2003, 10:37 AM
People that light up when their kids are in the house, people that drive high, people that role out of bed and light up, people that instead of investing the money for their kids or pre-paying bills will go spend $100 bucks + on grass without thinking yet they ***** about paying their phone bill, people that have to be high when they do anything, not to mention the losers who grow and sell the stuff right out of their own house when they have kids and yet they are so mind-blasted they really think these kids are not going to notice that mom and dad do drugs, or worse the welfare cases that find the cash to buy it.

Care to give examples? This is the exact same line they feed you in school, and I have yet to see one stoner do any of it.

I have seen it also become a gateway drug that turned into a heron death much later.

d*mn birds.:p

Merryprankster
05-21-2003, 10:39 AM
LOL Kung, I know what you mean!! I see Narcotic, think Opiate immediately and then I hear about Meth or Coke or something and silently, to myself, I think "Ok, well, those aren't Narcotics..."

Amazing....

It's all a problem of too much information. There's so much people don't bother to consider either context or source. Critical thinking skills are a bit rare. While that wasn't a problem earlier, the explosion in sheer data volume means any idiot can type something out full of wrong data and have some other idiot believe it. It used to take credibility and an argument to get published.

One of my friends regards the internet this way "Just because you CAN say something--well--please don't."

Chang Style Novice
05-21-2003, 10:39 AM
My thing is if you NEED to get high you are a joke.

Definitely agreed.

David Jamieson
05-21-2003, 10:42 AM
BJ-

"gateway" drugs are also a scare tactic used to push the agendas of those who want you to think what they are selling.

By the logic of the gateway drug diatribe, and as George Carlin once said, "Mothers milk leads to heroin".

Drugs are a huge source of income for the middle people who bring them into the market. Remember the Iran Contra scandal? Remember Noriega? Who do you think was making the money from those drug deals? Who gets that money now.

And if they can take a picture of my a.s.s in a box from outer space, why can't they find out who is bringing all the evil drugs into the country?

The homegrower certainly isn't the problem. The problem is that organized crime goes unchecked because of a self castrated legal system that allows it to grow. Your basic Hell's Angels or Bandidos member is not a simple social club person. They are organized criminals and they flaunt it and there is nothing in the law that allows the law to do anything about them, their clubs or their activities. Same goes fr your various mafia families and street gangs and what have you.

These groups, particularly the street gangs, sprout from a deeper social ailment. The ailment of apathy, the haves and the have nots. It's not that grey, and it's not that hard to identify and make right what is wrong with our societies respectively. Instead, as a group, we chose not to.

Here is another thing that decrimanilizing will do. It will take the trafficing of drugs out of the hands of the underground. It will decrease the profits to be had from them and in turn will negate the greedy ones from turning all the profit on it. It will also put cannabis into a position where it can be monitored to the level that alcohol is.

Kids drink too btw, but it is hard for them in many cases to get their hands on booze as readily as they can acquire drugs.

A trip to a buddies house or a known street corner is easier than passing for an adult at a controlled environment of a liquor store.

cheers

KC Elbows
05-21-2003, 10:44 AM
I'm not offended or worried about what you're saying about weed, I just was trying to clarify that you weren't saying recreational inebriation is addiction. I thought you were being puritanical, but, as I was hoping, you were being more reasonable than that.

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 10:44 AM
Shaolin- Those were not feed to me in school those were just some examples from what I have seen in real life with old friends of mine.

Keep pretending its the best thing in the world for you. I always thought my friends looked really cool smoking grass out of a crushed coke-a-cola can.:rolleyes:

KC- No I agree that recreational use is fine if done by adults. The real purpose of this post was about Canada but some people, not you, get all out of shape when you insult the reefer.

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 10:46 AM
mmm.... this ones too good for me to miss.
:)
Ok... where to start.... where to start....
Alright. First things first... Potheads are like talking to eggplants.
Eggplants dont talk.... Apparently potheads do because if you read the pot and kung fu thread, then you would have seen that a good majority of people on here smoke pot.
Ill give it to you, there are a few stereotypical dumb ass potheads. There are also a few ignorant stereo typical rednecks, essays, thugs, ect. Thats why they are called stereotypes. A stereotype is a generalization, generalizations are very ignorant to make. Its actually a form of racism, being biased against a group of people due to the actions of a few.
People who get high and drive, roll out of bed smoke, ect.
I fall under this one. Ive also been pulled over high, taken tests high, ect. Did I go to jail? no. Did I get a 1380 on the SAT's? yes.
Potheads are useless and lazy.
Thats why I have a 32,000 a year job WHILE I GO TO COLLEGE?
yeah. Thats also why I work out 5 days a week.
Pot and families - I have a friend who lives a 500,000$ house (thats a big ass house here, keeping in mind cost of living) who tokes up on a regular basis with his family. His parents make completely legit money. Well, lets just say that his relationship with his parents is quite a bit better than mine, whose parents have strong distaste for pot.
Pot isnt a narcotic, its a weak barbituate, and a mild hallucinogen.
Uses of pot-
Better rope
Fabric
Paper
Oil
Lubricant
and enormous number of foods
Legalizing pot could do wonderful things for america, but the cia would lose a lot of money in their drug trafficing.
A Gateway substance? no more than alcohol.
Example : I smoke daily, but I hate drugs. Im pizzed off that these panlor they gave me for my arm f*ck me up so much, had the doctor call in a perscription for a much weaker drug this morning.

Merryprankster
05-21-2003, 10:49 AM
A stereotype is a generalization, generalizations are very ignorant to make. Its actually a form of racism, being biased against a group of people due to the actions of a few.

Actually, a generalization is bad inductive reasoning. Calling it racism is a misuse of the term.

THC is not a barbituate. Nowhere close--not even structurally similar.

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 10:50 AM
Call it what you will. I still think getting high is a total waste of time. Oh and yes I hate to tell you but stereotypes do exist.

Merryprankster
05-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Oh, and for Crissakes will people drop the better rope argument? Pet peeve of mine. Hemp makes ****ty line compared to what we've got now. Petrochemical fibers are MUCH better for line. Polyprop and Nylon have WAY better wear characteristics and strength to weight/diameter ratios. The only good thing about Hemp line is that it breaks without synthetic line snapback.

Chang Style Novice
05-21-2003, 10:53 AM
Generalizations are bad

The only thing worse than a generalization is a bigot.

Or a Canadian.

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 10:53 AM
"smoking grass out of a crushed coke-a-cola can"
In middle school maybe.
I dont smoke blunts,
I dont smoke out of metal.
I dont smoke anything but nice glass pipes, and rice papers. (super thin)
Dont try to tell me glass pipe is a crack pipe either, most of us "dumb ass potheads" know that metal causes cancer due to the aluminum...
Im just tired of potheads being generalized like that.
Most us are not ignorant lazy fools, we have jobs, lives, houses.
Or maybe Im just one in a million. ...
But then all my friends would be one in a million also, but thats way more than one.
Hmm.... Maybe people are just feeble minded and buying into the government scare tactic bs, all the propogated commercials how stoners run over kids and whatnot, telling you that 70% of car accidents people had pot in their system... They neglect to tell you that it stays in your system for 30 f*cking days.

KC Elbows
05-21-2003, 10:55 AM
Did I mention what great rope it makes?:D

Merryprankster
05-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Did I mention what great rope it makes?

Ahem:

****ANT****CHRISTMOTHER****ER.

Carry on.

David Jamieson
05-21-2003, 10:58 AM
BJ-

I agree, stereotypes do exist. Mostly in the views of those that create them though which is unfortunate, because that creates another stereotype, "the crazy typecaster" :D

If you practice Kungfu for the natural high, you are getting high, if you have a couple of beers after work, you are getting high, if you smoke cigarettes, drink coffee or tea or meditate or whatever, each and everyone of these methods and substances is being "used" to alter your own perception of what otherwise is considered to be a "lesser" reality.

Human beings are not in my opinion the amazing animal we tout ourselves as. It is really interesting how disconnected we are from reality on individual levels. We subject ourselves to external distraction in myriad form. For me, this is only indicative of teh human condition and for me what is key is acceptance of the human condition in it's many forms.

Is not all there is, enough? Apparently not, or things would be quite different on the level of physical manifestation.

food for thought. Try the beef :D

cheers

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 10:59 AM
I thought the FDA considered it a barbituate...
I know its a cannibinoid ****it.
I know more about weed than probably anyone on here.
Did you know that without your cannibinoid receptors (the genes in your body that accept THC) (delta-9 tetrahydracannibinol)
Your body cannot break down food? Which causes.... death?
Pot has potentials to do many great things in the medical world... It will take the government f*cking off a bit and letting some studies go tho.

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 11:01 AM
Again I don't have a prob with adults smoking weed. I have just happened to have a good first hand look at more than a few people who are poster men and women for the stereotype.

Though to be fair, these people might of turned out to be losers anyway, who knows but I bet they would still be better off going in a different direction that did not include smoking up all the time.

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 11:05 AM
I slightly agree there BJ.
In all honesty, I think a couple of my stoner friends would be better off never having smoked, but then again, they may have turned to be losers anyways.
But I also think that most of my stoner friends are doing fine.

KC Elbows
05-21-2003, 11:08 AM
There are people who smoke way too much. IMO, if it's daily, if it's routine, it's not for me. Stinks too much of dependence.

And Merryprankster, what was that you said about Christ's mother Mary? This isn't gonna turn into one of those "Is kung fu against god" threads, is it? Because, really, we started a nice thread about pot, and I'd hate to see it get derailed like that.

BTW, got attacked by a grappler yesterday. Poked him right in the eye, he was completely unprepared.

David Jamieson
05-21-2003, 11:11 AM
It's one thing to have a method that you use to destress or that you use as a coping strategy considering all the stresses that fill our lives.

It is another thing entirely to be escapest. People who are constantly in need of medicating themselves in order to cope were losers a long time before they picked up that joint and lit it. (Of course I don't mean those people who are actively pursuing a medical solution to an actual physical problem)

Their actions are indicative that by nature they are weak minded and according to Darwin, they're out of here anyway :D

cheers

Merryprankster
05-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Of COURSE its a cannabinoid. That's like saying that morphine is an Opiate.

Receptors aren't genes. They're specially shaped proteins specifically adapted to latch on to a particular molecular shape.

FWIW, what's your point w/regards to CB1 receptors being found in the Gastrointestinal tract? That has next to nothing to do with oh, anything. Acetylcholine receptors are found in and around nerves involved in sympathetic and parasympathetic tissues...but that doesn't exactly MEAN anything, does it?

Merryprankster
05-21-2003, 11:13 AM
KC, that's only because you weren't practicing against a "real" grappler.

David Jamieson
05-21-2003, 11:15 AM
kC-

Are you smoking pot right now? This thread was about a cow in alberta causing a scare in the states.

Somehow, it got turned to pot...here we go again, the dreaded pot thread. At least this one isn't about "should i smoke pot and do my Yang 24 form"? or "isn't it great that pot smoking makes my kungfu better" or some such other blah blah. :D

Also, what is up with all the media scare tactics without serious grounding these days?

WMDs in Iraq, Sars, tainted meat... It really is like that Goering quote about how to bend the people to your will by telling them that they are under attack.

cheers

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 11:17 AM
Merry,

I have to ask...are you Rain Man?

First you know about the strength of hemp rope than about CB1 receptors.....if I dumped a bunch of matches on the ground would you be able to tell me within seconds how many there are?

KC Elbows
05-21-2003, 11:20 AM
Wasn't Darwin speaking more of systems than individuals? In otherwords, don't "losers" essentially hold back groups of "winners" that are part of their group so that no one group of winners dominates too well, overextends their influence, and risks extinction of the whole?:D

No, actually bio is not anything like my field of expertise, so I will admit I'm speaking somewhat out of my arse, but I remember reading years ago that Darwin was highly annoyed by what some did with his theories, especially industry, because, for social creatures, cooperation was a majorly important thing, far more important than many specific physical traits, and that, in social creatures, individuals that seemed to be unimportant enabled the high functioning to function at all, or some such crap, whereas people got fixated on who was high functioning and who wasn't, or, again, some such crap.

Sorry BJ, didn't mean to puff and speak.:D

KC Elbows
05-21-2003, 11:22 AM
Hang on, my 12 kids are messing with the grow lamp.

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 11:22 AM
"Receptors aren't genes. They're specially shaped proteins "
You are correct, my apologies. As I have already said, this panlor makes it hard to think. The point being, that they dont directly help in the synthesizing in protiens, not in any way that doctors have found. Yet, when you close them off, the body starts to reject protiens. why? they arent yet sure, but it shows that the cannibinoid receptors have a higher use, we're just not sure what yet.
Try to tell me thats not legit. We still dont know what 80% of our brain does, but that doesnt mean we dont need it. The point of that study was to try and get the gov't to lax a little, let people start testing medical effects a little more, seeing what can be done.
I smoke daily, several times a day. I have arthritis in both knees, but thats not why I smoke. Not to escape either, just more of a habit. Im not any less intelligent, less active, ect when stoned. (example, ive been on here a few times sober) :)
My pot smoking has gone up a bit lately, but Im trying to quit cigs, and it definately helps w/ stress, in another week and a half when im done quitting cigs, ill drop the pot smoking back down to after work only :)
And its not like saying morphine is an opiate, because morphine isnt the only opiate.
Pot and hash are the only cannibinoids, and hash "is" pot, just concentrated.

Chang Style Novice
05-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Evolution does occur in groups, not in individuals. However, the reproductive success of the individuals determines the effect of evolution on the group.

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 11:25 AM
"Hang on, my 12 kids are messing with the grow lamp."
lol
why dont you send your pregnant 17 year old wife who just finished snorting over the counter meds to tend to them?

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 11:26 AM
KC,

The last one made me laugh pretty good. :D

MasterKiller
05-21-2003, 11:26 AM
I smoke daily, several times a day.

That explains a lot.

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Does it?

wait.
What were we talking about?

Merryprankster
05-21-2003, 11:39 AM
Shaolin--my point is that THC is, by definition a cannabinoid--it's the bench mark. Kinda like, in order to be an opiate, you have to have the opiate bridge. It's a 3-D backbone on an otherwise primarily two-D ring structure. The bridge defines opiates, and all of them, from Morphine to heroin, to fentanyl, have that structural similarity. Cannabinoids are substances with structural similarities, like trypamines and amphetamine analogues. It's a class of chemicals.

Hash and Pot aren't cannabinoids. Individual chemicals in hash and pot are cannabinoids.

The CB 1 receptors are triggered by AG 2 in the GE tract. AG 2 forms during breakdown of triglycerides, but I don't necessarily know what bearing that has on protein absorption, or if it's even related.

Do you know which proteins? Specific amino acids or just generally?

I lost a huge ass post on chemical structure and how it relates to all this, so I'm going to bed.

Hopefully, my 5-hydroxytryptamine levels will allow me to do that ;)

David Jamieson
05-21-2003, 11:42 AM
In the process of smoking to alleviate symptoms of specific physical ailments, the getting high effect will wane. The person who uses this method will likely develop a habit.

From the psychological aspect, cannabis is considered and documented as -psychologically habit forming-.

I don't mean to make a blanket statement about people who smoke consistently. And I have to admit to facetiousness in making the remark about escapists being losers.

Reason why I'm saying that is because I think life comes in waves and phases and through discipline we attempt to bing a sense of balance amongst that which we can effect and that which we can't.

There are so many variables in the span of a lifetime where someone will behave in a particular pattern that they themselves have invented and implemented based upon individual experience and even upon those factors that effect our lives that we are not highly cognitive of. (cause and effect / country we live in / parents / etc, etc, etc).

A person @17 is not the same person @35 and so on. Many of us will change our view and in some cases completely reverse our stance on subjects as we pass through time it seems.(spa :) ) The things we do with consistency are the things we do with the most comfort in the end.

Barring insanity.

cheers

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 11:50 AM
"Hash and Pot aren't cannabinoids."
yes, I know this.
good hashish is 50% cannibinoids or so, good bubbly hash having about 75%.
The best pot only has about 25.4% cannibinoids.

Im not sure exactly which protiens, whatnot to be honest. Im kinda out of it today.

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by old jong

...Must be from the same sources that see mass destruction weapons everywhere....

No doubt about it.
If you know bout the meat bussiness, every once in a while they come up with some non existant disease somewhere as a method of taking over the pieces of the market and stuff.
Its like they (europe, usa, canada) do towards brazil saying our stuff got "aftosa" (dunno how its called in english) though they got nothing, pure cheat marketing trick, that does unfortunatelly have effect.
All cos they know Brazil has a very huge hugefied capacity to produce lotsa meat, we could technicly very well dominate the chicken bussiness worldwide for example. But of course there are the exporting blocks imposed by some other countries :rolleyes:
Free market, yeah right, but never fair market.

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Im a meat vendor :)

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 12:13 PM
If you don't like the market you could give back all the assitance funds that the U.S. gives to Brazil every year. Ya know the funds which allow you gents to even function.

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 12:18 PM
telling you the market how it is, fool

"assistance funds" LOL :D
could you be any more naive
when its obvious that its an investment,
your country wouldnt put money where
it isnt sure it will/would make profit from in the future
again, fool

not even gonna mention that, you need to keep the market with other countries alive, just becouse otherwise you break too

fool

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 12:25 PM
yes its true -> that you just been schooled on the economics of very basic international market by a veterinary student from a "3rd world" country, oh yeah the irony :cool:

old jong
05-21-2003, 12:26 PM
If you don't like the market you could give back all the assitance funds that the U.S. gives to Brazil every year. Ya know the funds which allow you gents to even function.

Don't tell me that the USA is feeding all those little Gracies!...:eek:

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 12:31 PM
If thinking that way helps you and your machismo attitude sleep better at night go for it.:rolleyes:

I wonder if it could not have anything to do at all with your massive poverty levels and countries lack of economic maturity.

btw-nice polluted waters I hear you got down their.

P.S. You know your countries in the modern era when you have native tribes that use gangrape as a form of punishment. The only thing brazil is good for is rap videos.

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Xebby ****es on the eye of yet another right-winger :cool:

Black Jack is a right-wing totalitarist that displays fundamentalist behaviour and gets schooled (thought might never admit) by some kid on the internet

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 12:38 PM
Idiot:rolleyes:

Is yours the only computer in the village?

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 12:40 PM
Whatever happened to that nice pot thread we had going?
:p

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 12:40 PM
P.S. You know your countries in the modern era when you have native tribes that use gangrape as a form of punishment. The only thing brazil is good for is rap videos.

:D
you really think thats how it works today?
havent heard of it happening lately, if it did it was clearly an exception, but you dont have rape in usa yeah LOL :D

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 12:43 PM

Is yours the only computer in the village?

LOL :D Thats hilarious at best, typical stupid old school gringo that knows nothing about Brazil and thinks we live on trees and are canibals :D even though São Paulo is one of the most hugefied urban centers of the world :cool:

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 12:44 PM
Brazil also has lots of brazillian chicks with big beautiful arses.
mmmmmmmmm..............
Ive seen plenty of gang bang videos made in the U.S.

old jong
05-21-2003, 12:44 PM
What about your cows?...Do they eat pot in their fields?...
In Quebec,we use to call Mc Donalds food "Merde de clown"(Clown's sh.t) because it taste funny!

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 12:45 PM
S
C
H
O
O
L
E
D

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 12:45 PM
lol
You crazy canadians with your beady eyes and floppy heads.

norther practitioner
05-21-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
Im a meat vendor :)

Is that what you call that crap-hop you produce....:eek:

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 12:52 PM
discussion = over
Black Jack = sch00l3d by a member of Team Rocket -> blasting off at the speed of light, surender now or prepare to fight!

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 12:53 PM
Actually np, I bet you would really like the music I produce :)

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 12:53 PM
SCHOO - LYD :D

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 12:57 PM
I see that i shall have to use my influence.

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 01:03 PM
reprezent

old jong
05-21-2003, 01:04 PM
That's her! (http://www.alcofielen.com/pics/forumpics/whocares/benny.jpg)

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 01:08 PM

I was just getting back from counting up all the great money I have made because of my countries investaments into your corrupt police state.

Your machismo says investment but I say assistance. Your country is our welfare baby. Don't worry though millions of Americans are working to support you.

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 01:11 PM
SUPER OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD SCHOOLAGE

the opononent no longer can come up with any truly convincing points and needs to say "idiot" at the beggining of his posts :rolleyes: :D

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 01:17 PM
UBER OWNAGE STYLE SCHOOLIN

the oponenet is completely imobilized, so he rolls his eyes after saying "idiot" as a way to tap admiting his final defeat

Black Jack
05-21-2003, 01:17 PM
That is what you are. You are the same lame-brain who screams out KILLERS when in reference to military soliders. That is all I needed to ever know about you. You are devoid of all good points and have yet to have shown one here.

You seem to get a boner by posting in big bold type which might answer why you can not read anything written in normal type.

You say investment I say bs. It's called a handout buddy. You and your mommy suck on America's teat.

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 01:19 PM
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL-LEMENT

the oponent is forced to look for diplomatic ways of survival, "handout", "buddy" and others are the words used to look for a way to save his already defeated ass

old jong
05-21-2003, 01:26 PM
Hey!... (http://www.alcofielen.com/pics/forumpics/positive/thisthreadrocks.jpg)

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 01:28 PM
Whered you get that pic of MK on spring break?:D

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 01:28 PM
rock like theres no tomorrow dude :cool:

old jong
05-21-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
Whered you get that pic of MK on spring break?:D

There! (http://www.alcofielen.com/pics/forumpics/forumpics.htm) ;)

Xebsball
05-21-2003, 01:37 PM
in medical terms what we have is

School-age-ing

Symptoms: you get 0wn3d
Treatment: suicide OR self-euthanasia (the second have better results)

MasterKiller
05-21-2003, 01:40 PM
Whered you get that pic of MK on spring break?

You're just jealous because that Blonde is trying to grab my booty.

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 01:44 PM
and your point being?
:rolleyes:

MasterKiller
05-21-2003, 01:45 PM
That you wish you could've been the one grabbing my booty.

Shaolin-Do
05-21-2003, 01:51 PM
woah now.
hehe
I dunno bout all that. That dude has a whole lot of ass to be grabbing.
That and im not about grabbing dude ass.
hehe
anyways, im off the clock.
PEACEOUT!
SD

Machine_Phantom
01-09-2004, 08:48 PM
the lunatic is on the grass