PDA

View Full Version : He picked up a sword.....

inic
05-21-2003, 02:50 PM
well, yesterday and today i was insanely bored and saw one of my swords lying in the corner, and thought "hmmm its been a while". Well, i took that badboy and swung it around for about 30 min... then thought "this is fun! and gives my forearms and tris a great workout!"
then i looked over and saw my bag with many weapons in it and remember I used to do knife throwing, and really liked it.
so i took out 4 knives, went outside and started throwing them at the one tree we have. and it was fun and worked out my shoulder really good.
i guess my point is that i had forgotten why began exercising so long ago.... it was the weapons that got me interested. And practicing these last 2 days, i remembered something else... its FUN practicing with weapons. I think boxing is fun sometimes, but gets tedious too. I think weights and most other exercises are extremely tedious and boring and lately i've just been bored with exercising and look at it more as a chore and not for the fun it could be.
anyhoo, i have no idea where i'm going with this, so i'll stop now

Suntzu
05-22-2003, 06:44 AM
I feel you… sometimes u just gotta switch things up… when I get 'free' time I like to try new things… judo… weight training… basketball (still haven't set foot on a court yet tho)… heard on the radio that a capoiera(sp?) club is in my area somewhere… I would like to check that out oneday... maybe in the fall...