PDA

View Full Version : Question

Adam R
05-22-2003, 01:47 AM
Who do you think is the best exponent of WC in the US at this point in time?

Fresh
05-22-2003, 03:55 AM
Troll!

:o

anerlich
05-22-2003, 04:49 PM
The question is of no personal interest, as I live in Australia and so does the person I consider to be the world's best at WC.

John Weiland
05-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Adam R
Who do you think is the best exponent of WC in the US at this point in time?
PM me and I'll tell you. :p BTW, it's not me yet. But do come to the U.S. Then everybody moves up one place. :D

Regards,

BetaSao
05-22-2003, 05:04 PM
Personally, I feel that Benny Meng at the VT Museum has been doing a wonderful job at trying to fairly present a centralized repository of Wing Chun information for everyone, regardless of lineages. While it might be true that there may be more information regarding Yip Man's line than the other branches, the only reason this is so is very likely to be the amount of information available from that lineage versus the others. That would be a good place for you to start in your quest for WC in the US.

As you can tell from reading some of the threads in this forum, the lineage linked to a certain student from Yip Man's branch currently in the land down under is one of the most vocal and political. However, note that this does not imply that person to be political or not, regardless of the truth, but it does say something about some of the exponents of that branch in the US.

Good luck with your search.

reneritchie
05-22-2003, 06:22 PM
That's like asking what's the best car in the US. Depends on what you personally consider important. There are some very good well known people like Ho Kam-Min, Duncan Leung, Hawkins Cheung, students of Wong Shun-Leung, students of Leung Sheung, students of Moy Yat, etc. And there are also some remarkable people whose names almost no one knows who literally have 50+ years of experience but don't teach or teach in an incredibly private manner.

(Dollars to donuts, however, most people will answer with their own sifu/sigung, which is a blatant foul :p )

John Weiland
05-22-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by reneritchie
That's like asking what's the best car in the US. Depends on what you personally consider important. There are some very good well known people like Ho Kam-Min, Duncan Leung, Hawkins Cheung, students of Wong Shun-Leung, students of Leung Sheung, students of Moy Yat, etc. And there are also some remarkable people whose names almost no one knows who literally have 50+ years of experience but don't teach or teach in an incredibly private manner.

(Dollars to donuts, however, most people will answer with their own sifu/sigung, which is a blatant foul :p )
Pish tosh, Rene,

I was gonna' say you. :p

Regards,

yuanfen
05-22-2003, 06:32 PM
No Rene- its still Larry, Curly and Moe.
They are still on TV with their unique biu jee, pak sao
and chasing the shadow. And the Shadow knows!!

John Weiland
05-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Hi Yuanfen,

Originally posted by yuanfen
No Rene- its still Larry, Curly and Moe.
They are still on TV with their unique biu jee, pak sao
and chasing the shadow. And the Shadow knows!!
What's unique about their style? Haven't we seen other modern day examples of Stooges Wing Chun? :)

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk,

reneritchie
05-22-2003, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately, in WCK, I'm the Zeppo.

yuanfen
05-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Adam R.

Obviously opinions will vary.

yuanfen
05-22-2003, 10:12 PM
Adam R.

Obviously opinions will vary.

sel
05-23-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by anerlich
The question is of no personal interest, as I live in Australia and so does the person I consider to be the world's best at WC.

that's funny, i have the same belief as you! but somehow i think we are thinking of a different person!:p