PDA

View Full Version : F this for real…(making weight)

Suntzu
05-22-2003, 08:06 AM
for real fu(k this… starving myself… eating crap that’s diguised as food… counting calories… reading labels… ****** I want a brownie MFer… give me some d@mn buffalo wings… a big azz thing of fries… and a Sapporo or 2… so what I put on a few… so what I'm just gonna have to make a jump in weight class... big deal... so what he'll be taller... stronger... and sling me around the ring like his lil sister stuffed animal... if i eat one more Cliff Bar (are they all that anyway?) instead of a nice smooth chocalaty Snickers... i'm gonna hurt somebody...

OKOKOK… I'm back to reality… I need to re-fill this water bottle… thanks for listening…

ewallace
05-22-2003, 08:41 AM
What kind of diet are you working with right now?

Suntzu
05-22-2003, 08:56 AM
right now… I'm doing portion control… added more fruit… salads… snack on dried fruits… Cliff Bars… crazy amounts of water… Chicken chicken chicken… tuna… rice(smaller portions than usual)… pasta(same as rice)… can't really do no/low carb… I would have ZERO energy... i'll cheat every now and again... had ice cream the other day... i need to learn to cook with REAL rice instead of the boxed up stuff... one of these days... i'm gonna be good and have a salad for lunch 2day...

SevenStar
05-22-2003, 09:05 AM
making weight sucks.

When's the fight?

Suntzu
05-22-2003, 09:06 AM
June 28th if I get my tickets… gotta drop 10lbs… is milk conducive to weight loss…

Robinf
05-22-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm concerned you're not getting enough fat in your diet to keep your body functioning properly.

Can you work in a serving of nut or sunflower seeds or flax seed oil?

ewallace
05-22-2003, 10:12 AM
I just started a T-Dawg type diet.

http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/243tdawg.jsp

Pretty easy so far. Can't wait until this weekend.

Shaolin-Do
05-22-2003, 10:26 AM
hmm.......
Ive been stuffing my face trying to gain weight :)
speant like 200$ at the grocery store this week.
good luck with the diet dude.

Suntzu
05-22-2003, 11:07 AM
BRB w/ ????

fa_jing
05-22-2003, 12:10 PM
You may not want to eat white rice, but if you do, here is the recipe:

1 cup rice to 1.5 cups water

At least 3 tablespoons of oil (corn, veg, whatever)

1 tsp salt

Throw it all together, bring to a boil then down to low heat, cover.

Wait till the water's gone (about 25 minutes)

If you want to get fancy, start with the oil. Grate a carrot and chop up a scallion (green onion). Sautee the vegies for a few minutes. Then add the rice and the water.

I recommend Carilla or Goya rice, medium grain.

fa_jing
05-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Another variation: take some Goya curly angel hair pasta, crunch it up into pieces an inch or less, sautee with the oil for a few minutes, then add the rice and water as above. You may need to add more water.

Or, cook it up with lentils.

There's a way to make coconut rice too, but it probably adds too many calories - feels rich when I eat it.

IronFist
05-22-2003, 10:40 PM
Cliff bars...

Dude they talk about all these workout bars in Consumer Reports this month. I kind of glanced through it today but I forgot what it said. Check it out at Borders (I assume they sell it there). You can read which is the best.

I'd say you probably don't need workout bars for your goals, though.

IronFist

Serpent
05-22-2003, 11:37 PM
Just fight a bigger dude you fukking pu$$y.

Suntzu
05-23-2003, 06:25 AM
thanks IF… I'll go look today at lunch… actually I like Cliff bars… a great quickie b4 my morning WO… and they help calm my chocolate DT's…

Serp - very eloquently stated… we'll see…

Serpent
05-25-2003, 06:00 PM
Just seems like the obvious answer to me.

;)