PDA

View Full Version : Differences

Black Jack
05-23-2003, 08:49 AM
A Republican and a Democrat were walking down the street when they came to a homeless person. The Republican gave the homeless person his business card and told him to come to his business for a job. He then took twenty dollars out of his pocket and gave it to the homeless person.

The Democrat was very impressed and when he came to another urban dweller he decided to help. He walked over to the homeless person, told him "its not your own fault" and gave him directions to the welfare office.

He then reached into the Republicans pocket and got out twenty dollars. He kept 15 for administrative fees and gave the homeless person five.

Cheers.

MasterKiller
05-23-2003, 08:53 AM
My @ass.

Republicans only give $20 to bums who wear $1,500 suits and drive Mercedes.

Wait, that's not a bum, that's a CEO! And it wasn't $20. It was $20,000 in tax breaks.:eek:

neit
05-23-2003, 09:33 AM
haha

Radhnoti
05-23-2003, 09:43 AM
On charity:
The poverty rate started to rapidly increase during the Carter years, rising by one-third from 1978 to 1983...climbing from 11.4 to 15.2 percent. It fell EVERY YEAR from 1984 to 1989 (Reagan years).
The 1980's has been labeled the decade of greed. The truth is that total giving to charitable causes in the U.S. grew at a record pace.
Between 1980 and 1989, charitable giving in real terms increased by 5.1 percent per year, compared to 3.3 percent per year from 1955 to 1979.
Charitable giving per capita in real terms grew at a rate of 4 percent per year, double the rate of 2 percent per year from 1955 to 1979.
Between 1980 and 1989, charitable giving in real dollars rose by 56 percent to $121 billion.
-source, not word for word: "What really happened in the 80's?" by Peter J. Ferrara
That increase in charitable giving should be directly attributed to Ronald Reagan. A republican.

The fact is that when people HAVE more they can afford to GIVE more, and often they will. Nevermind the (lack of) morality of the government taking, by force, our money and using it...poorly. The sooner people realize that big government, especially big TAXING government, is bad the better. The biggest trick ever pulled on the U.S. taxpayer was cutting taxes from our paychecks before we ever see the money. There is NO WAY we'd stand for them demanding ALL that money at once, but it goes a little at a time...so hardly anyone notices. Cut taxes, put more money in the hands of the citizens and THEY will do what's right with it. Both charitably and economically. It's sound economic reasoning...or so I'm told...my major was psychology. :D

MasterKiller
05-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Cut taxes, put more money in the hands of the citizens and THEY will do what's right with it.

uh...yeah....Let them eat cake. Famous last words.

Christopher M
05-23-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Radhnoti
Cut taxes, put more money in the hands of the citizens and THEY will do what's right with it.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
uh...yeah....Let them eat cake. Famous last words.

Option 1: The working man uses his own productivity.

Option 2: The state takes the working man's productivity and uses it as it sees fit.

Yeah, MasterKiller is right, Option 2 sounds way better... I trust big state and big corporation way more than I trust my fellow man... :eek:

MasterKiller
05-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Yeah, MasterKiller is right, Option 2 sounds way better... I trust big state and big corporation way more than I trust my fellow man...

I didn't know you were a Democrat.

guohuen
05-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Or how about, "If you're young and conservative, you have no heart. If your old and liberal, you have no brain." :D