PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Matrix

StickyHands
05-24-2003, 01:14 PM
AWESOME AWESOME GAME! Despite the ratings and cynnical-minded review of some a$$holes. It's a great game. I for one thinks they've invented something new, just like the first Matrix movie. I played Max Payne, but this is way better, despite the similarities. WAAAY BETTER! It's in a zenith! But, the kung fu, oh man, superb! They've threw in some Bagua for Naiobe. And a few Chen Tai Chi for Ghost. You gotta play it to believe it! Forget guns, I find myself doing Kung Fu more often in slow motion or using the "focus." The possibilities of moves and acrobatics are planty! Well let me know if anyone played it.

shaolin kungfu
05-24-2003, 01:21 PM
I played it, and it's definitely awesome! The cutscenes are movie quality and do a good job of moving the story along without getting in the way of gameplay. Also has one of the best combat engines I've seen in a third person action/shooter.

Kristoffer
05-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Crap I can't decide if I'm gonna buy it!! The whole day I've read reviews saying it's crap. I downloaded some vids of it n I think that some look cool some look... not so cool.

StickyHands
05-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Rent it! And dont always trust the reviews, they are always biased to their taste, which is sh1t! They are never based on what normally the public would consider. So rent it and see it for yourself before buying it.

Kristoffer
05-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Yeah I'll sorta do that. I tried it today in the store and I think that it was very fun to play. The graphics wasn't as bad as the mag said nor the controll. I'm gonna buy it on tuesday! (and if I get dissapointed I can return it within 10 days so it's cool)

hasayfu
06-23-2003, 03:54 PM
Anyone else play this? I've seen the movie and my brother started playing (Hate to admit but I'm a terrible gamer).

I have to agree that the visuals on this game is a notch above the rest. We got also got the special DVD with it that has the making of the game and the Wo Ping fight crew shots were awesome.

Kinda wonder why those didn't make it into the movie.

Here's my question. This game is suppose to integrate with teh movie storyline. How? Does it start before the movie, during or after?

We are early on but the making of DVD had shots of Naiobie and ghost talking to the key maker and fighting smith in the corridor.

Any insights appreciated.

@PLUGO
06-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Here's a link to some plot points (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl4158022744d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=baiul0%2490n6%241%40ID-91786.news.dfncis.de&rnum=63) that connect the game to the film.

I've heard complaints that the game is too short & you spent too much time running...

There will be an ONLINE (http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/index2.html) matrix game released after REVOLUTIONS... could be interesting.

hasayfu
06-27-2003, 05:19 PM
That link said everything I was looking for.

Anyone get that far into the game? I might try this weekend