PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myselfe

JessyBlue
05-25-2003, 06:09 AM
Hey,
just wanted to introduce myselfe.
I´m from Germany and I´m practicing Hung Kuen Kung Fu.

I´m very keen on martial arts and I do train a lot.
I´m looking forward to some interesting discussions.

If you have any further questions just ask.

By the way: Is anyone here practicing Hung Kuen???

guohuen
05-25-2003, 07:04 AM
Welcome aboard. I practice Ha Say Fu Hung Gar.

Former castleva
05-25-2003, 07:32 AM
Welcome.

Oso
05-25-2003, 07:48 AM
welcome...hang on tight:)

Kristoffer
05-25-2003, 08:57 AM
Have fun :)

No_Know
05-25-2003, 10:28 AM
I saw the books part one and part two Hung Kuen Five Pattern.

Wilkommen-ish.~ Be well

jun_erh
05-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Why do people introduce themselves? If you post enough people will get to know you.

Becca
05-25-2003, 10:36 AM
Because in some places it is considered well mannored to introduce yourself before butting into a conversation.

BTW, Hello! Interesting conversations we do have. Some silly, some deep, and some off-the wall odd. Enjoy!:)

JessyBlue
05-25-2003, 11:04 AM
Yea, I think being polite is very impotant for what all call civilisation.

As I already said: I´m looking forward to.

Anyone practicing the dragon style of a other Kung Fu system?
Anyone practicing the Chien weapon style?

chen zhen
05-25-2003, 11:12 AM
I see you study Judo. then you can participate in our grappling discussions, which we have a lot of..
;)

Sho
05-25-2003, 11:57 AM
Welcome, dude! I hope you enjoy it here. :D

chen zhen
05-25-2003, 12:08 PM
....Are you a dude?
(because of your username, I'm a little confused..:confused: :p

Oso
05-25-2003, 01:47 PM
since no one else has metioned it, you will find some hung kuen discussion on the southern board. but, I hear it's pretty ugly over there at times:D all that wing/ving chun/tsun stuff

JessyBlue
05-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Yea, that is right, Judo is very popular here in Germany.
I live in a city near Kolone, which is also near the river Reihn.
I stopped practicing Judo 2 years ago when I began Kung Fu,
before that I' did it for about 4 years.
By the way I´m a dude.
JessyBlue was the the main anthagonist in a cartoon I loved to watch when I was youn.

Ben Gash
05-25-2003, 03:39 PM
You sure you're German? The Gernan spelling is surely Koln (Hideous city, I mean why all those garish yellows and pinks?). I did a quick search on multimap and found no such place as Kolone. I don't mean to be rude, but we have people claiming to be everything from women to wheelchair bound. Saying that, you'd have to know your German cartoons well. (you don't realise how much you've let your language skills slip until you read a German website). Anyway, welcome to the party. It doesn't matter who you are here anyway. A rental guy with a bad temper can set himself up as an expert on all things pertaining to "real" self defence and a new ager who's sifu learned the bulk of his stuff from VHS can be a respected figure :D
I really need to go to bed.....

joedoe
05-25-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Ben Gash
You sure you're German? The Gernan spelling is surely Koln (Hideous city, I mean why all those garish yellows and pinks?). I did a quick search on multimap and found no such place as Kolone. I don't mean to be rude, but we have people claiming to be everything from women to wheelchair bound. Saying that, you'd have to know your German cartoons well. (you don't realise how much you've let your language skills slip until you read a German website). Anyway, welcome to the party. It doesn't matter who you are here anyway. A rental guy with a bad temper can set himself up as an expert on all things pertaining to "real" self defence and a new ager who's sifu learned the bulk of his stuff from VHS can be a respected figure :D
I really need to go to bed.....

Maybe he was being English-speaker friendly (you know like calling it Munich instead of Munchen :D).

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Hope you have a pleasant flight, and thank you for flyinh KFO air :D

Oso
05-25-2003, 04:46 PM
joedoe, you are wrong...it is Air KFO.

;)

joedoe
05-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Oso
joedoe, you are wrong...it is Air KFO.

;)

I was Germanifying it :D

Oso
05-25-2003, 06:22 PM
aww, c'mon, we were supposed to introduce the new guy to the silly incessant bickering that can take place:)

Becca
05-25-2003, 06:23 PM
Maybe he ment Colone? Every body else spells bad, why does he have to be diferent?

joedoe
05-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Oso
aww, c'mon, we were supposed to introduce the new guy to the silly incessant bickering that can take place:)

Well that is because your kung fu sucks :D

Oso
05-25-2003, 06:30 PM
hunh?

oh, I see. took me a second.

my kung fu was not good enough to draw you out.

well, your kung fu is not good enough for me to even try.

YOU...will have to fight my brothers best friend's cousin's mother!

HA!

HA-ha.

ha.

heh...i'm off to listen to some jazz and drink something dark and foamy...

speaking of which, I saw "Bringing down the House" with Queen Latifah and Steve Martin last night...it was pretty funny.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-25-2003, 08:12 PM
i hope you die, but that's just me.

Serpent
05-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Oso
since no one else has metioned it, you will find some hung kuen discussion on the southern board. but, I hear it's pretty ugly over there at times:D all that wing/ving chun/tsun stuff

Hey, those wing chun b!tches have their own forum to fight on. There's plenty of other styles battling it out on the Southern Forum.

Oso
05-25-2003, 09:01 PM
yea, I just noticed that today. don't know why I missed it.
must be cuz wingnut chunky is not my favorite flavor:D

JessyBlue
05-26-2003, 12:36 AM
"Maybe he was being English-speaker friendly (you know like calling it Munich instead of Munchen )."

The correct spelling of Colonge is Koeln (as well Munich is called Muenchen)
I never thought of someone doubting that I´m German though my English kind of sucks.
But I do not like people who claim to petend they are people whom they´re not.
For me I could say that I´m an honest person (as much as it is allowed to say such thinks about oneselfe)
I do apreciate many forms of ancient values which seem to get lost in this times.

jun_erh
05-26-2003, 05:56 AM
Well, I think it's rude to waste people's time introducing themselves. There's like 4,000 people on this board. Have you never been on the internet before?

Oso
05-26-2003, 06:07 AM
We are supposed to be a community, a neigborhood of sorts.
Of courrse you may not agree with everyone in your neigborhood or even like them. But, it is still polite to introduce yourself when you move in.

jun_erh
05-26-2003, 06:29 AM
who asked you, you ****ing moron. Do you see 4,000 threads of mother****ers introducing themselves?

chen zhen
05-26-2003, 07:08 AM
No, but I see 4000 threads with people madmouthing each other, like your doing now.

Leave the poor newbie alone.

Oso
05-26-2003, 07:17 AM
i think jun-erh was talking to me, not the newbie.

:rolleyes: **sigh**

i'm wounded, somebody call a medic

jun_erh
05-26-2003, 08:58 AM
It's just a pet peave of mine

Oso
05-26-2003, 09:07 AM
what in the world for?

you don't have a personal stake in the bandwidth, do you?

He clearly stated in the subject that he was just saying hi, you didn't have to go to the thread at all.

and your response was a bit over the top for a peave.

chen zhen
05-26-2003, 01:46 PM
if you look closely, he calls the people who introduce themselves motherf*ckers..

Ad yes, he calls you a moron, but WHAT IS WORST?

Oso
05-26-2003, 01:51 PM
actually, it was 'fu**ing moron' :cool:

Becca
05-26-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by jun_erh
Well, I think it's rude to waste people's time introducing themselves. There's like 4,000 people on this board. Have you never been on the internet before?

The name of this thread clearly stated that he was introducing himself. Nobody made you look at it.

ZIM
05-26-2003, 02:22 PM
We are supposed to be a community, a neigborhood of sorts. Of courrse you may not agree with everyone in your neigborhood or even like them. Yup! And, Oso, your cats keep p!ssing on my roses. I'm callin' animal control, and if that don't work, i'm using poison ya git! ;)

Hey, wilkommen, herr jessyblue!

Oso
05-26-2003, 02:30 PM
my cats are immune to poisen as I have been feeding them small doses daily since birth. They have also been exposed to radiation since their mothers impregnation by an african tiger (not to be confused with African Tiger, of course). So, you might be careful.

:p

JessyBlue
05-26-2003, 03:05 PM
As I see, all in all ,this introduce gave some ( or at least one not so polite) people the opportuety to unleash some unnesesary frustrations which -as it seems- they are not able to handle with.
Well after all I´m not taking it personally.
Oh Oso, I´ve put your cats in the mixer and drank it:D

Well, this introducing stuff seems to be over now, isn´t it?

JessyBlue
05-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Ach ja, herzlichen Dank Herr Zim.
Schön Sie kennen zu lernen:)

Oso
05-26-2003, 05:35 PM
Oh Oso, I´ve put your cats in the mixer and drank it

haha, the plan has worked. Just wait, the cats should be reforming inside you now and will claw their way out from the inside. But, now with some of your DNA recombined with theirs.

and, no, we could keep this thread alive indefinitely. As you will see the original subject often has no control over where the thread goes.

ZIM
05-26-2003, 07:30 PM
OK- this thread is now officially hijacked! It is now the:

KILL OSO'S CATS THREAD!!!

I'm lining up electric fences to electrocute those p!ssers next time...grrr.....Keep the neighborhood Clean! And Sober, GDA!!!

Oso
05-26-2003, 07:38 PM
can't do it.

They are part african tiger, immune to poisen, have radioactive auras and now, thanks to JB, have mad martial art skills stolen from his DNA.

ZIM
05-26-2003, 08:24 PM
4000 members, 4000 ways to DIE, KITTIES DIE!!!!!

Oso
05-26-2003, 08:35 PM
well, there are 4 cats now, teenage iradiated african tiger DNA recombined judo cats, TIATDNARJC's. ****, I'll have to work on that if I'm going to get comics and a saturday morning cartoon...

teenage iradiated poisen proof african tiger judo cats

TIPPATJC

hmmm,

Larry, Curly, Moe and Shep...no, that's bee done

Leonardo, Michealangelo, Donatello, Rapheal...no, no

dang, too many gin&tonics to think about this

just remember, you will die if you try to mess with my pussies.

Serpent
05-26-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Oso
just remember, you will die if you try to mess with my pussies.

Reminds me of a girl I used to know...

Becca
05-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Oso-

Maybe you can have them mentored by some Giant mutant clown and live under the house...:D

Serpent
05-26-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Becca
Oso-

Maybe you can have them mentored by some Giant mutant clown and live under the house...:D

Perhaps Oso is a giant mutant clown...

Becca
05-26-2003, 09:37 PM
yes.... How else would he know so much about their abilities and history....;)

Serpent
05-26-2003, 09:43 PM
HaHA! Now we have his number!

JessyBlue
05-26-2003, 11:23 PM
in the meantime: He ,he, he will use the time to create a new
species, which primary eats radioactive MA cats in any variation.

I call it: unvaunarable iron fist killer dinosour with a huge ... claw
that brings down any cat whithin the range of 2 ha.

Of corse with the ability to fly and to shoot laser beams from their eyes.

Har,har,har,har:cool:

ZIM
05-27-2003, 07:23 AM
Hey, that sounds like rodan maybe gidra??

[whats funny to me about all this is, i've got cats and i live in one of those stupid suburbs where ppl actually do all this...they pee on everything]

Shaolin-Do
05-27-2003, 07:33 AM
h aha ha
Ach ja, herzlichen Dank Herr Zim.
Schön Sie kennen zu lernen
he said that to you oso.....
er.........
nevermind. I have no idea what it means. I was just being a smart ass.

GOD ******! Shoulder hurts when I move it wrong :(
My range of motion has gone to sh!t.
And oso, I have already killed your cats with oh so delicious yeasty dough balls that expand in their stomach and explode after being eaten. I gave some to your children as well.
:eek:

quiet man
05-27-2003, 07:47 AM
It means "Oh yes, thank you mr. Zim. It's nice to meet you." and it was said to Zim, not to Oso.
(I knew my 9 years of learning the lingo would somehow pay off :D)

So, who's the smartass now :D ;)?

Shaolin-Do
05-27-2003, 07:53 AM
bahahahaha
You are the smart ass now.
:)
I am now just smart.....
:cool:
and cool.
Thats why I wear my sunglasses inside.
:cool:

Oso
05-27-2003, 09:50 AM
my cats eat only meat so they would have turned up their noses at your silly dough balls.

Shaolin-Do
05-27-2003, 09:52 AM
Oh hell.
My cat eats meat, catnip, pot, and smaller cats.
My cat is the first animal I have ever seen that likes weed as much as me. She sits in front of whoever has the pipe, and is very vocal about it if you dont blow it in her face.

shaolin kungfu
05-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Be careful not to let you cat have too much catnip.

Serpent
05-27-2003, 08:26 PM
Yeah. Especially after all those bongs.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-27-2003, 10:58 PM
" ( or at least one not so polite) "

hey now i was an as shole too. jeesh.

unless you were talking about me .... either way you missed an as shole somewhere.

apoweyn
05-28-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by jun_erh

Good grief, pal. Who crapped in your cereal bowl?

You're the genius that clicked on a thread clearly marked "introducing myself." If you think doing so is a waste of time, then why'd you click on it? Just to come here and p-ss and moan a bit? Now that's a waste of time.

Stuart B.

Shaolin-Do
05-28-2003, 07:43 AM
SK, why careful on the catnip?

BAHAHAHA... forgots...
People are in the bad habit of picking up joints they find sitting pre-rolled, only ripped a couple of times (before I went to work) :) and smoking them... Sooo.... I got in the habit of leaving rolled up catnip on the ashtray that I lit up at the end a little bit to make it look smoked.... So far people have smoked like 4 of them.... lol... It smells like ass tho.

shaolin kungfu
05-28-2003, 08:06 AM
SK, why careful on the catnip?

One time my cat ate a whole bunch of catnip, and spent the next few hours stumbling around the house throwing up white crap and falling off things.

Shaolin-Do
05-28-2003, 08:09 AM
Ahhh.... Nah. I think mines tough as nails. She ate like... lots of catnip.... Probably 1/4 the bag.... Was already stoned.... She just kinda sat around.... Then went all spastic attacking the rug, and my plants. (no not pot, is stupid to grow in texas) :)

jun_erh
05-28-2003, 03:50 PM
:o

ZIM
05-29-2003, 07:14 AM
(no not pot, is stupid to grow in texas) isn't that a death-penalty offense in Texas, or something? :p

Shaolin-Do
05-29-2003, 07:22 AM
Not certain death. They tie you to a tree and let local rednecks hurl bricks and cinderblocks and the like at you.

ZIM
05-29-2003, 07:53 AM
while they drink lone star beer, of course! "Yep! Hows 'bout 'nother cold one, boomhower?"