PDA

View Full Version : This forum is on the brink of death..

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40

Meat Shake
08-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Finally! I look as pretty as I feel!

Vash
08-05-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Ming Yue
Huge props to your mom. Does that make you want to learn hypnosis and incorporate it into your PT training?

I thought about it, but I really don't think that's my thing. I'm a nice guy and all, but if I had the opportunity, I'd hit someone up with a post-hypnotic trigger or somethin' cool like that.

Self hypnosis, on the other hand, is something in which I've been interested for a while. A couple of the sports- and exercise-related psychology texts I've come across have apparently good reviews of the practice.

I know some self-hypno tricks that helped me get over my performance anxiety.

oh, and that's a small mountain climbing stance.. kinda like jade ring, but wider.

No, that's just a long Sanchin. Need to get that front foot a few feet back ;)

my high hand is kinda wrong...

. . . uh . . . I was just going to mention that, but was waiting to see if YOU knew that.

Seriously.

MS:

Do tell. Just not too many details ;)

Starchaser107
08-05-2004, 07:14 AM
hi ming cool foto
you and vash can answer this one
are the feet bent in that manner to facilitate stablity or perhaps protect some part of the body?

that's a mantis stance is it not?

Ming Yue
08-05-2004, 07:58 AM
yep, that (or a very similar) stance is in most mantis systems, that particular version is Tai Chi mantis. It's much like a standard hill climbing stance, but shorten the span and drop the back knee almost to the ground, slightly toed-in. The form we were learning that day used that stance throughout. nice and low, a leg burner. Solid but I found it very easy to transition from and move through.

The toed in stance is extremely stable, we use a modified toed in fighting stance it for a lot of static plucking type drills and I tend to drop into it whenever I need to root.

the high hand is a grasp, not a block, and my wrist is slightly over bent, but otherwise the position and intent is right.

Meat shake, you don't feel pretty, you feel kinda deceptively soft and then very pointy... like a beanbag chair full of broken glass.

:cool:

Vash
08-05-2004, 08:35 AM
The variation upon that theme which we use is for rooting and groin protection.

Starchaser107
08-05-2004, 08:42 AM
is there any breathwork required in rooting vash?

do you find that inverting the feet offer more stability than maybe a traditional bow stance or horse?

sometimes when we do bag drills and i'm holding the shield i experiment with inverting my feet in an attempt to stay rooted
other times i use a gung bu , i havent reaally noticed any significant differences to be quite honest ...maybe then it's a matter of preference...?

u guys have any observations?

Ming Yue
08-05-2004, 09:07 AM
I definitely find it more stable. The lower you go the less mobile you are of course, but I can root solidly against a much bigger person in that stance...

I use it for bag work too.

Vash
08-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Breathwork in rooting:

ST107: Yeah, breathwork is paramount in learning rooting. Though our Sanchin is often taught to sound hard, I tend to go the opposite, as I am uncomfortable with the idea of pulling a Valsalva maneuver whilst doing a form. But, I digress.

I find it offers a great deal of stability, though I thend only to use it when I'm in the clinch.

My chief stance is the forward seisan (feet parallel, the back foot's big toe in line with the front foot's heal) and the side seisan (same stance, just facing off on a forty-five.

Starchaser107
08-05-2004, 10:30 AM
cool guys xie xie

Meat Shake
08-05-2004, 11:16 AM
"is there any breathwork required in rooting vash?"

When Im rooting vash, i just breath with the thrusts.
:eek:

:D

Starchaser107
08-05-2004, 11:25 AM
originally posted by meatshake

"When Im rooting vash, i just breath with the thrusts."

originally posted by vash :

"I tend to go the opposite, as I am uncomfortable with the idea of pulling a Valsalva maneuver ":eek:

Meat Shake
08-05-2004, 11:27 AM
*puts the cat back in the bag*

Edit: If someone with no hands was awarded a star on hollywood blvd, what would they press in the cement? :confused:

Starchaser107
08-05-2004, 11:31 AM
p3n1$...

if it's a guy

t1ts if it's a girl

keep it real

Meat Shake
08-05-2004, 11:35 AM
I dont think Id like the idea of having cement on the genitals with no hands to clean it with.

I kept it real one time, but it started getting moldy too quickly. Now I keep it tupperware.

Starchaser107
08-05-2004, 11:42 AM
if you're big enough to have a hollywood star , then you're big enough to have minions to clean the goods for you.

Meat Shake
08-05-2004, 11:50 AM
lofl
Something about the thought of several midgets in tuxedos cleaning fresh cement from my genitals makes me smile.

Kristoffer
08-05-2004, 12:03 PM
blarf

Ming Yue
08-05-2004, 12:34 PM
I would have thought at least you'd have picked girl midgets.

Meat Shake
08-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Eh, I tend to classify midgets as unisex or sexless for some reason.
They should be Asexual and able to reproduce by themselves anyways IMO.
:)

Ming Yue
08-05-2004, 12:52 PM
ROFLMAO

that's horrible.
I should feel bad now.

Meat Shake
08-05-2004, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I have no shame. I think I lost it in Nam, but Im not quite sure.

This bay window by my desk makes it a little bit harder to sleep.

Vash
08-05-2004, 06:51 PM
I hafta figure out how to do a regular power clean and deadlift whilst maximizing use of the inner thigh and minimising activation of the quads.

CaptinPickAxe
08-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Well friends...the captin is nearing his end...My right tonsil is three times it normal size and my body is aching....

But on a much more somber note, I've posted my song, "Don't Dispair...its just poop in your underware"

Kristoffer
08-06-2004, 09:13 AM
u ill or something?

Starchaser107
08-06-2004, 11:17 AM
that beat that he posted though was pretty ill (http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U.m3u?ID=1482317&q=Hi)

Vash
08-08-2004, 06:35 PM
In other news, I start Hot-Rox in the morning.

I'm hungry.

Meat Shake
08-09-2004, 02:47 PM
"In other news, I start Hot-Rox in the morning."

This sounds gross. Sounds like a discharge relating to morning wood.

Vash
08-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Indeed.

Think I pulled that injured muscle in my chest today. :mad:
Gonna take the rest of the week off from lifting, only doing light karate.

Starchaser107
08-09-2004, 04:10 PM
either you're brittle as **** or you do some pretty hardcore stuff in karate.
which is it.

Vash
08-09-2004, 06:18 PM
I'm guessing I'm brittle.

I was doing dips today, felt a pull in my chest from the point of my injury to my collarbone, I let go of the bars, and left the gym.

No structural damage, just some sore, possibly pulled, muscles. Nothing dangerous. I hope.

Ming Yue
08-10-2004, 04:48 AM
take care o' yourself, vash...

Helped out with an Arnis seminar this weekend, took a hit to my left hand while showing someone how to do the 6 count drill.
My middle finger is a lovely purple and I can't bend it -- doesn't hurt at all though. I have a built in obscene gesture now.

Kristoffer
08-10-2004, 05:24 AM
Yea
take a chill out session

Starchaser107
08-10-2004, 07:01 AM
vash i'm getting the feeling you have a tendency to overdo it,(as we all do @ times) ,these guys are right u should know when to chill.

Vash
08-10-2004, 07:16 AM
Yeah, I tend to get a bit carried away. But, I was proud of myself; I was being careful, light weight, good control and form, But, I guess you can only ask so much of a muscle atrophied from 15+months of inactivity. And dips aren't that easy on the chest . . .

I'm getting hypnotized today, so I'll be fine by Thursday or Friday. Not working out this week, though. I need a good chill week. Finish up my essays for my certification, chill out for school. There's no pressure.

MY:

That doesn't sound too pleasant, but I'm sure you can find some use to which you can put that gesture ;)

Starchaser107
08-10-2004, 08:46 AM
ming

i bet that really sc3ws with your typing

CaptinPickAxe
08-10-2004, 02:31 PM
...or really ****es of some conservatives

Ming Yue
08-10-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure I offended the guy at the end of the block this morning when I waved hello as I was driving by... until this heals I'll wave hello with my right hand.

huntin' and peckin is how I'm typing now

Starchaser107
08-10-2004, 03:43 PM
sh333t

that's how I type normally.

CaptinPickAxe
08-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Check out the new avatar!

A little IMA humor

norther practitioner
08-10-2004, 05:19 PM
What up riddaz...

been busy... life's doin' aight tho..

Kristoffer
08-11-2004, 02:15 AM
I'm bein busy too

CaptinPickAxe
08-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Man...
I have never been more mentally burned out. I've been on a 5 week binge of music making. I have more music than I could possibly dream of posting. Out of this 5 week marathon of production I've decided that I'm going to do several albums in the upcoming months. All of which will be produced and engineered by SifuBeats (yeah, I'm keeping the name)

Here's the line up:

1. Empathy's Album
2. New Nag Champians LP
3. A Beat Mason project (Sifu & Zue)
4. A scratch collaboration with my friend Pete and Zue

Maybes:

1. A collabo between MeatShake and I
2. A solo joint by yours truely

Each of the first set already has at least 4 songs already. MeatShake and I are already working on a song (ALTHOUGH HIS PUNK ASS HASN'T WORKED ON IT IN WEEKS) and I've got enough material to release a solo joint, but not sure if I should.

Also, I'm putting finishing touches on my demo to JazzFudge Records.

Like I said...straight swamped with music. My sessions tend to run late into the night and I've been completely thrashing my sleeping habits...oh, well. Tis the life of a musician.

Starchaser107
08-11-2004, 10:18 AM
remember at least to get outside and excercize, even if not to train, it will help you make better work and be healthier and not so burnt out.
keep up the good work.
all the best with your projects

CaptinPickAxe
08-11-2004, 10:21 AM
thnx, man.
I have been neglecting the work out regiment. Good news is that my roommate is moving his weight bench and dumbells to my house. I can shave off the 5 pounds I've put on with my studio binge

Starchaser107
08-11-2004, 10:26 AM
when you heading to minn.?

CaptinPickAxe
08-11-2004, 10:31 AM
either late september or January. Finacial problems have arrised, so I'm taking a trip out there at the end of the month to try and straighten things out.

Starchaser107
08-11-2004, 11:20 AM
maintain.

Vash
08-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Looking forward to the albums, CPA. Though I hafta say I'm not overly fond of Empathy - just not my thing.

Well, I didn't hurt my chest again; it's sore as a *****. Anyway, I;m still not gonna lift this week, or do heavy karate, just because it's not smart to overtrain.

Starchaser107
08-11-2004, 12:14 PM
there's a hurricane threatening my country.:(

Meat Shake
08-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Theres an idiotic out of control nedneck threatening my country. :(

Best wishes SC... Are you back home yet or still in CO?

Yes... CPA neglects to mention my lack of a guitar to finish said track. ;)

Stayin busy my **** self... Work full time, shuai chiao, gym, teaching myself blues and jazz piano, teaching myself to better play guitar, trying to get the funk style basslines on the piano down a bit better, looking into another job that requires I do a bit of studying on the major oil corporations, and genitals so large its hard to walk.

Ok, so not the genitals, but it sure sounded funny when I wrote it. :)

Edit: Suddenly began to ponder the meaning of raggae's "elephant man".... :eek: :eek: :eek:
;)

Starchaser107
08-11-2004, 01:43 PM
"chiney ting" - elephant man

Elephant Man : Hello ladies
Japanese girls : Hi Elephant Man
Elephant Man : Which part unnu come from?
Japanese Girls : We come from Tokyo Japan but we don't want no likkle itsy bitsy teenie man thats why we come to Jamaica cause they big and they strong and the anaconda wha' long.
Elephant man: Di Anaconda weh long eeeh...

verse:
first ting mi nuh carry nuh teenie weenie tiny ting
dis sinting yah fatter dan di bokkle of a heineken
so when dis chiney ting! tell mi seh she want fi climb di limb...

Starchaser107
08-11-2004, 01:47 PM
yeh we ignorant on geography for the most part
all asian people are called mr. or miss chin and they are all presumably from china, including japanese , korean, phillipino etc.
jamaican ppl don't give a fugg i've even heard ppl on the street mix up indian people with chinese people, they (we)really ignorant @ times.

shake i'm still on vacation, i just heard the news from some friends via IM.
hopefully it won't be too bad though.

CaptinPickAxe
08-11-2004, 04:20 PM
I hope everything is good in Jamaica. My wishes are with your home, SC.

Shake...You act like you don't have Chris' number...and he doesn't have guitars...and won't lend them to you. Its a matter of going out of your way. If you really want to get some progress done on this **** your going to go to Chris' dorm, pick up a guitar, and bring it over here. Seems simple enough, no? THEN GET OFF OF YOUR LAZY ASS AND MAKE IT HAPPEN, *****! And save the excuses just do it, numbnuts.

Empathy doesn't appeal to everyone, this I know, but my music has a broad listening group. I guess, Vash, you answered my question about releasing a solo joint or instrumental album.

Also, Empathy's album may turn into a Quik Witted album. Meaning two more emcees and a more broad appeal, dig?

Kristoffer
08-12-2004, 04:04 AM
Captin, that's great I think. If I had your motivation I'd do the same. I know the feeling when u just live for making new music, playing n playing then goin home to listen to everything. I think the best way to get recognized is to play live. Do shows do more shows, if they Boo, do more shows. I've seen alotta people releasing hundreds of tapes, demos and stuff but those who go out their way to actually perform seems to reach fame alot quicker.

I really hope u continue the music.

Starchaser107
08-12-2004, 08:43 AM
I'm partway through Ichi the Killer.

man that's pretty hard.
I'm liking it so far .

when I'm finished I'll say more.

Kristoffer
08-12-2004, 09:01 AM
only seen alittle from it.. crazy

Starchaser107
08-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Kris
I've just finished watching it.
It's a very disturbing film.
I'm about to watch versus now, u or anyone seen it?

Kristoffer
08-12-2004, 01:40 PM
no, sorry.
latest movie I saw was I.Robot

CaptinPickAxe
08-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Kris,
We're throwing a record release party in late September (projected date: Septemeber 26th, 2004) and Empathy will be performing live. There is also going to be a live 12 piece Hip-Hop/Jazz Ensemble, and a great Turntablist act.

I'll be doing the producer thing, getting drunk and slanging T-Shirts and CDs. We're planning on throwing it at a bar or one of our Homies land. If we do the latter we are going to buy somewhere in the area of 12 kegs. Its gonna be a nice little shindig.

Dude, I almost shelled out $75 to buy, Ichi the Killer and The Cure at Virgin Record...I went with Dave Chappelle and El-P's FanDamPlus for $40

Starchaser107
08-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Netflix

Kristoffer
08-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Cap that good coz it makes ppl see ur the real deal
oh and download movies, you know u want to

Starchaser107
08-12-2004, 04:18 PM
VERSUS had some of the best karate martial arts action I've seen in a spell.
It was sci-fi horror and gore so it had more than it's fair share of unrealistic swordplay, the hand to hand stuff was pretty decent.
I dunno though , why do the Japanese films always have to be so creepy.

Kristoffer
08-13-2004, 04:40 AM
I love creepy japanese movies. I wanna be in one someday

CaptinPickAxe
08-14-2004, 06:21 PM
I could of swore that Hip Hop was beyond labeling its acts by the color of their skin. I could of swore that it grew out of being just an urban culture celebrated mostly by blacks and hispanics. I could of swore that there were cats all over the world emceein', djin', breakin', and graffin'. I could of swore that I was more than a mear white producer who makes music for a white emcee. I could of swore that Quik Witted had a mix.

I am SifuBeats...An Advocate and Mouthpeice for White Hip Hop...

a term coined by Jun_Erh

Kristoffer
08-15-2004, 02:49 AM
I'm thinking of letting 30 + muslim ppl swarm that thread but I feel it would be unfair to our 'debate' over there. Don't worry about them cap, they probably just don't know better.

and I still wanna be in a creepy japanese movie! gotta find some asian agency or something.

Starchaser107
08-15-2004, 07:47 AM
don't make him press your buttons.
those ****ers did the same thing to chen zhen with thier racist remarks.
like I said before if you doing hip hop makes you a wannabe , then we are all wannabees for doing chinese martial arts , indian yoga, korean taekwondo , okinawan karate , western boxing

we are all wannabees for practicing christianity, islam, zionism, zorasthorianism, buddhism, we are wannabees for contemplating the tao.

**** them and thier simple mindset.
they are the wannabe authority trying to compartmentalize and segment what should be percieved as a whole.

CaptinPickAxe
08-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Its obvious that these guys are just as bad as the Terrorist they are so afraid of. And they seems to be very afraid of all muslims...

chen zhen
08-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Starchaser107
don't make him press your buttons.
those ****ers did the same thing to chen zhen with thier racist remarks.
like I said before if you doing hip hop makes you a wannabe , then we are all wannabees for doing chinese martial arts , indian yoga, korean taekwondo , okinawan karate , western boxing

we are all wannabees for practicing christianity, islam, zionism, zorasthorianism, buddhism, we are wannabees for contemplating the tao.

**** them and thier simple mindset.
they are the wannabe authority trying to compartmentalize and segment what should be percieved as a whole.

true.

Starchaser107
08-17-2004, 11:13 AM
speaking english , or practicing mathematics for that matter.

ass holes

Kristoffer
08-18-2004, 11:45 AM
argggh
went all the way to the club just to realize I forgot my pants. piece of ****

Starchaser107
08-18-2004, 11:49 AM
i solve that problem by leaving the house with my training gear on.

Kristoffer
08-18-2004, 11:55 AM
wisdom

CaptinPickAxe
08-18-2004, 06:10 PM
I just need to say "screw it" and turn 21 already...

Its a shame I'll be up in Minnesota...without most of my chums...drinkin' till the cows come home...(I've always wanted to say that:D)

norther practitioner
08-19-2004, 01:49 AM
Minny sooooooo Cold

Starchaser107
08-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Graffiti Group Kidnaps Cow, But Is It Art?

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Swedish graffiti artists kidnapped a fiber-glass cow from the international art exhibit CowParade, held power drills to its head and threatened to "sacrifice" it unless the sculptures were declared "non-art."
A video sent to a newspaper showed the cow flanked by two masked, black-clad figures wielding power drills in front of a sign reading "Stockholm's Militant Graffiti Artists."
"We demand that the cows are declared non-art. Otherwise the hostage will be sacrificed," said a voice on the video. The group gave the organizers of the Stockholm exhibit till noon on Aug. 23 to comply with their demand.
The video was shown to police investigating the cow's disappearance last week from an island housing Stockholm's Modern Art Museum.
"We are very upset about the whole matter," said Helena Cederberg, a spokeswoman for CowParade, which is touted as "the world's largest public art event."
It has displayed life-size cows decorated by local artists across the world starting with Chicago and New York in 1999.
The shows are sponsored by local business and promote the work of professional and amateur local artists. When the show ends, the cows are auctioned and 75 percent of the proceeds go to charity. The Stockholm cows are to be auctioned next month.
There are 68 more fiber-glass cows grazing on pavements, squares and in shop-windows all around Stockholm, but Cederberg said: "We're not going to worry just yet about the other cows, we are waiting for information from the police."
CowParade is also on show in the Czech capital Prague, Manchester, England and Harrisburg in Pennsylvania. It opens soon in South Africa.
Vandalism marred the Prague show, prompting ex-president Vaclav Havel, who decorated one cow, to say: "Maybe some people can't bear to look at anything nice, unusual or ornamental, maybe they can't even bear to look into the mirror."

norther practitioner
08-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Sweet, cause cows are soooo cool...

Chaser, you down for Sat?

Kristoffer
08-20-2004, 08:57 AM
lol

chase, they basically asked for it. Standing there, pretending to be life less

Kristoffer
08-20-2004, 09:07 AM
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/0408/19/NYHETER-16s06-kossan-32_368.jpg

http://www.wegotthecow.cjb.net/
Sounds like kids..

Starchaser107
08-20-2004, 09:28 AM
no comment.

Vash
08-20-2004, 08:23 PM
He really loved the dog. The dog loved him. Dog had heartworms, this far undiagnosed. Died today.

Momma sad, blames herself.

A moment of silence.

Kristoffer
08-21-2004, 02:47 AM
Rest in peace, dog

Kristoffer
08-21-2004, 03:04 AM
cheer youself up with hooters (http://www.bonitadailynews.com/01/07/florida/d621686a.htm)

Vash
08-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Kris;

She's cute. The Yoda doll looks sexier, though.

ST107;

That's what I thought to do. But, brother don't drink, nor do I, so instead I poured a bottle of Powerade.

He loved the dog, the dog loved him. That's something a hell of a lot of people go their whole lives without experiencing. The dog served his purpose. May he rest in peace.

Kristoffer
08-21-2004, 08:45 AM
puppies turn into monsters

Vash
08-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Brother just got back from the UCAPS. Got a dog that looks like a cross between the recently deceased and a previous puppy which was dog-napped. Really affectionate. Brother seems to like.

Hope it goes well.

On another note, I just finished making a kick-ass Akuma background, but it's 3 times larger than the allowed size on the board. :(

Kristoffer
08-22-2004, 05:35 AM
cool

upload it
http://www.uploadit.org/
http://www.free-webhosts.com/free-image-hosting.php

Vash
08-22-2004, 07:44 AM
http://img63.exs.cx/img63/6977/shinakuma2a.jpg

Kristoffer
08-22-2004, 09:42 AM
neit

CaptinPickAxe
08-22-2004, 12:35 PM
I awoke today on the wrong side of the bed. I feel like George Carlin after being beat up, having my car stolen, and stepping into a shoe fulla dog poo...

Kristoffer
08-22-2004, 12:37 PM
You gotta adopt the ''I don't give a ****'' attitude.. drop a smile and make a song

Meat Shake
08-22-2004, 12:46 PM
"puppies turn into monsters"

Yes. That vomit on your clothes you so nicely have laid out for work, or puke all over the house, or crap all over the house, or tear through screens for god knows what reason and come back reaking to high hell of skunk and another dogs feces.....

CaptinPickAxe
08-22-2004, 12:55 PM
I'm trying to stay away from music for two weeks. I'm through the first week. Today, I'm going record digging. Sampling is not making music in my book;)

Kristoffer
08-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Now I know what Vash's bro felt like. Had to put my cat to sleep.
12 years
It felt strange to know he had only one hour left to live.

Well, see ya on the other side Prospero.
goodbye

Former castleva
08-26-2004, 12:32 PM
,my gondolences.

Kristoffer
08-26-2004, 02:59 PM
thx

Vash
08-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Sorry about your cat, Kris. May he rest in peace.

I'm sleepy.

Meat Shake
08-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Is actually stupid.

Edit: Condolences about your cat kris. Nice to see you castleva. :)

CaptinPickAxe
08-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Amon Tobin is technically IDM, so is Prefuse 73...

food for thought.

Kristoffer
08-28-2004, 04:08 AM
Amon Tobin is dance music?
I always felt they would fit nicley in movies. Like score music.

CaptinPickAxe
08-28-2004, 12:57 PM
not dance music. IDM is characterised by its use of chopped up and tweeked sample use. Amon Tobin is notorious for such things.

I agree he isn't dance music and fits better into atmospheric music.

CaptinPickAxe
08-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Sorry I missed you, SC. The video you sent me was priceless. It really made me smile hearing/seeing that.

The track has been coming along tight. I've been working on a remix compilation. I've posted the bare-bones of a Louis Armstrong classic "St.James Infirmary" and an old school jazz track. I got tons and tons of other stuff, but I can't post too much of that cause I have to leave something new for people to hear when I drop my LP.

I got me another job working at a movie theater so I'm gonna go check out Hero with a couple of my homies tomorow for free...Ah, I love jobs with benifits.

Meat Shake
08-30-2004, 10:21 AM
"Amon Tobin is technically IDM, so is Prefuse 73...

food for thought."

Has IDM components, is not IDM by definition. ;)

I dont think Ive ever heard an IDM song with a concrete beat.

My balls, they itch.

Kristoffer
08-31-2004, 07:06 AM
cool

CaptinPickAxe
08-31-2004, 09:30 AM
good to hear you had a safe trip.

norther practitioner
08-31-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks for chilling when you were up the state side Chaser.....

Thanks also for getting me semi motivated for taiji legacy

Starchaser107
08-31-2004, 08:55 PM
was cool, u and your ppls are cool, thanx for the vids and dvds...and bourne supremacy...
and company at taiji legacy...sorry bout six flagz:p

peas

Meat Shake
09-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Glad to hear you made it home in once piece.

Ming Yue
09-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Frances kept me from flying to Tampa for a seminar with the Master of my system (both flights cancelled), then the ***** came right on up to the mountains of Western North Carolina and flooded my town.

rivers in the area are 10 feet above major flood stage. I watched one river near me flow over it's banks. Amazing. The town I work in got 17 inches of rain in just over 24 hours. And it's still raining...

Vash
09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
ST107;

It's always good to get home safe.

MY:

It got hot as all hell down here. I'm sure that makes you feel better :) :D

Starchaser107
09-08-2004, 05:37 PM
home..
safe is another story....
Ivan is coming our way by friday ...category 4.
if you don't hear from me for a while it means I got blown away.

Ming Yue
09-08-2004, 05:44 PM
batten down yer hatches, man. I'll pray that thing makes a big old U turn.

Vash
09-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Hurricanes suxors.

Keep safe.

norther practitioner
09-08-2004, 06:35 PM
I told you to stay up here...

;)

Stay safe bro.

Kristoffer
09-09-2004, 02:41 AM
find a cellar or something

I hear it's even worse in China. Hundreds dead

CaptinPickAxe
09-09-2004, 04:09 AM
sux, SC

Best of luck, chum.

I'm returning to the shadows for awhile...

Meat Shake
09-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Stay safe man...

quiet man
09-10-2004, 03:26 AM
I've been thinking... if 'Brink' is indeed a family, then I must be that odd accent-speaking cousin from Eastern Europe who drops in once a year without warning, makes a mess in the fridge, falls asleep on the couch, and is gone again in the morning :D

norther practitioner
09-10-2004, 04:29 AM
Where the hell did all my vodka go?

Kristoffer
09-10-2004, 04:54 AM
I saw quiet man run away with it. I swear

CaptinPickAxe
09-10-2004, 05:50 AM
If "Brink..." is a family then I'm the cousin who everyone talks about because of his drinking habits and interesting choice of music. The family also keeps the youngbloods away from me because they're scared I'm gonna get them stoned.:D

Ming Yue
09-10-2004, 06:11 AM
Then I'm the sister with the bad attitude that steals the car keys and sneaks out of the house in the middle of the night to go party.

I have two cousins, the wierd foreign cousin keeps staring at my boobs and my other cousin steals all my weed.

CaptinPickAxe
09-10-2004, 06:20 AM
my other cousin steals all my weed

Its true...its true...
AND I have the audacity to smoke it with you like its mine:D

Vash
09-10-2004, 10:15 AM
If Brink is a family, I'm the step-brother that is always staring at Ming Yue's boobs.

quiet man
09-10-2004, 11:36 AM
I have two cousins, the wierd foreign cousin keeps staring at my boobs and my other cousin steals all my weed.

If Brink is a family, I'm the step-brother that is always staring at Ming Yue's boobs.

Don't underestimate MY's boobs. They are the glue that holds this family together. :D ;)

Hey CPA, quit hoggin' all the herb! :D

Vash
09-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by quiet man
Don't underestimate MY's boobs.

I wouldn't dare.

CaptinPickAxe
09-10-2004, 10:07 PM
what can I say? I must be a bogart.:D

I'm goin' to visit my school nov 7th to take tests and tour the campus. Meat Shake has already visited the holy land and speaks highly of it. The anticipation is building....

Kristoffer
09-11-2004, 05:08 AM
I hate bogarts :D

Hey Chaser, if they tell u to evacuate - Do it
hope it'll b alrite

Ming Yue
09-12-2004, 01:40 PM
anybody heard from Chase? Kingston got nailed...

:(

Vash
09-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Chase, where you at?

CaptinPickAxe
09-12-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm sure that his power hasn't been restored yet.

I know he's cool...solid like a moutain he is.

CaptinPickAxe
09-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Chase, when you get back, check out my website I posted a new one for ya.

Its called "Way Back When"...it has potential....

www.soundclick.com/sifubeats

CaptinPickAxe
09-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Dang, I hope chase is alright. I don't know what I'd do without my Jamaican connect...

On a lighter note, I just copped Lyrics Born's new LP, "Later that Day" and that sh!t is HOT, son!!!

He brings an oldschool westcoast hip hop feel with a Tre Hardson Singing/Flowing style...Like I said, HOT!

You can here three of his joints at www.quannum.com on the media player. It has his best track on the album too, "Bad Dreams"

norther practitioner
09-15-2004, 05:13 AM
I'm going to call his girl today, see if she's talked to him.

Ming Yue
09-15-2004, 05:54 AM
thanks enpee,

keep us posted.

Starchaser107
09-15-2004, 08:48 AM
Hey Guys,
I'm safe , my side of the world was spared from serious damage , I got back water almost immediately.telephone communication was althroughout but electricity was down because a transformer blew, and I just got that back last night. Internet came back today , so all in all not too bad around here...
other places really got screwed over ..buildings washing away and such..roofs tearing off...as you expect alot of places were flooded out , and roads impassable , 18 people died due to Ivan and 36 people have so far been arrested for looting...
that's the news for now.
thanks for y'all concern , good to be back.

Kristoffer
09-15-2004, 09:43 AM
welcome back

Vash
09-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Indeed, welcome back. Glad to see you made it through all right.

Ming Yue
09-16-2004, 04:00 AM
nice to read ya, SC.

Starchaser107
09-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Hey guys... good to see your... fac..er, fonts

quiet man
09-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Good to have you back, comrade ;)

Kristoffer
09-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Operation: Big In Tokyo a.k.a rump pump

Time: Within 3 years
Place: Tokyo
Team: Not decided
Materials: 3 mics, 1 recorder, instrument of choice, one pack of yoghurt, money, plastic bags, 1 DV-camera.
Priority: High
Level of planning: Low
Motivation factor: Medium

Starchaser107
09-16-2004, 02:21 PM
come again?

what's all this about?

CaptinPickAxe
09-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Dude, Kris, I've had a plan like that too! Its called Operation: I'm gonna fu(k the sh!t outta a lot of Azns while I make music in Japan.

Equipment: 2 Turntables, 1 Apple G5, 1 cam corder, me, a pack of Magnums, and a grip of japanese girls
When: after college (within 2 years)
Why: Because I feel like it
How: very carefully yet in the same breath, very careless.

I'm stoked to go to Japan...For music....For culture...For GIRLS!

Starchaser107
09-16-2004, 02:29 PM
oh.

Kristoffer
09-16-2004, 02:38 PM
haha, Chase. a friend sent me some episodes of a show called 'Adam and Joe Go Tokyo'. And it's about these guys showcasing all the weird **** over there. It's the best show I've ever seen, ever. So one thing they do is they are trying to get famous (not really for something special, only being recognized), so they go around doing appearances at different places and so on.

Well, since I'm already planning to go there, might aswell try some of this celeb-wannabe stuff. Cap n me gots the same idea basically :D
We've said that we can't go next summer, but were almost 100 on going the summer after that 2006. ey if you wanna hook up it's cool lol

It's on

CaptinPickAxe
09-16-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm going either in winter of 2006 or summer of 2007. Either way I plan on spending a minute there.

I'm ****ed! I found out that a very respectable producer (who will remain nameless) does his shows on a laptop. He produces a live P.A. right in front of you and presses to CD's after the show which he sells for 5 bucks a pop...Now I'm not irked about him doing it...I'm irked cause I could be doing that!

Starchaser107
09-16-2004, 06:56 PM
nothing , and no one is stopping you,
you should by all means do that, and score some extra dough.

Vash
09-16-2004, 07:13 PM
Had five peeps test for belts tonight.

We now have two new brown belts, a new purple belt, a new green belt, and a new orange-belt/black stripe.

Props. They worked hard.

Vash
09-16-2004, 07:59 PM
I slept well.

I trained early this morning, weights. Pulled 240, 250, 260 on DL for 4 reps a pop. All lifts, no fails, no injuries. It went smashingly.

School was easy. It was relaxed. I was relaxed. It went well.

Karate was great. Had an hour and a half before class to train. I think I sweated off a few pounds. Finally got my returning wave kick down. Four years, and I can throw a kick :rolleyes: :eek: :o

Time for hot soak, can of tuna, and sleepy.

Starchaser107
09-16-2004, 08:51 PM
hey Vash,
what's a returning wave kick?

Vash
09-16-2004, 09:07 PM
It's a nice little whipping-motion kick to the knee.

Meat Shake
09-21-2004, 01:36 PM
"Equipment: 2 Turntables, 1 Apple G5, 1 cam corder, me, a pack of Magnums, and a grip of japanese girls
When: after college (within 2 years)
Why: Because I feel like it
How: very carefully yet in the same breath, very careless."

Equipment... Hehehe... Meatshake plans on leaving with a whole big nasty santa bag of goodies.
Equipment : Korg Xtreme 88 key, Alesis Andromeda 44 key, E-MU MP7 Sound bank, Roland sound banks, Korg sound banks, MPC-4000, Authentic '76 fender rhodes, Authentic '70's Fender Strat american made, takamine electric acoustic, alvarez electric classical acoustic, ibanez 7 string, ibanez 5 string bass, fender 4 string bass, Tama 7 piece drumset with powerhouse stands for cymbals - congas - bells, DW Delta II double bass pedal, Conga drums, tablas, bongos... the list goes on and on and on....
Oh yeah, and a couple of cases of magnums.
When : Hopefully after IPR and taking music business and economics via correspondance, but if I have to Ill stay here for the extra 2. So, within 4 years.
Why: Good base to check out the rest of the world, and a booming hip hop scene.
... Well, at least they try. I plan on going to help their "hip hop" scene. :)
There is a lot to see and I havent seen it.
... And hordes of bisexual japanese girls who love "big americans". :eek:

SC - You doing ok dude? Hows post hurricane restorations going?

Starchaser107
09-22-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm good, things have pretty much returned to normal back in my parts, elsewhere in the island is still recovering, hopefully by the end of next month...
crime is at an all time high though , with 30 people killed within last week alone , it's been really violent this year , and that has absolutely nothing to do with the weather.

Starchaser107
09-23-2004, 07:53 PM
capitan, your samplesamplesample is very much good to go... so much so that I had to tell you before you asked.
good work.

CaptinPickAxe
09-23-2004, 09:01 PM
thanks much...'preciate it!

little monotonous at the moment, but in the process of fixin' that...

Kristoffer
09-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Havin a bad day? (http://overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=517065)

Ming Yue
09-24-2004, 11:00 AM
ROFL....

Brilliant.

Kristoffer
09-25-2004, 11:52 AM
http://www.turntables.de/
This is also fun, in a slightly different way

cerebus
09-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Now THAT was freakin' funny!!! :D :D :D

chen zhen
09-25-2004, 12:01 PM
**** i forgot about those hurricans..:eek:

hope youre ok "mahn":)

Kristoffer
09-26-2004, 10:18 AM
Yeah :(
The weather is crazy, all over the world. Please read this and pray for those affected

http://www.sterilecreed.com/weather/

CaptinPickAxe
09-26-2004, 01:52 PM
And the culprit is...

GLOBAL WARMING!!!
Let's give our culprit a warm round of applause.

Ming Yue
09-26-2004, 02:12 PM
wow Kris.. I had no idea Sweden was subject to such harsh weather. The devastation... amazing.

Vash
09-26-2004, 04:35 PM
. . . There are know words. My heart and prayers go out to the victims.

Ming Yue
09-26-2004, 04:45 PM
people could have been.................. bruised...

Vash
09-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Or at least slightly flustered.

Starchaser107
09-26-2004, 06:10 PM
what if someone were sitting on that very chair?
The flowers... they must be drenched........

Ming Yue
09-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Those Swedes, they're a tough bunch. Not just any culture can simply right an overturned green plastic patio chair and go about thier business as if nothing had happened.

Kristoffer
09-27-2004, 02:50 AM
yes, thank God it's over :)

CaptinPickAxe
09-27-2004, 03:00 AM
My Swedish Aunt is still dealing with the horror of watching her beloved patio umbrella being tossed 5 feet from the table. She'll never be the same...no one should have to go through that...no one...

CaptinPickAxe
09-27-2004, 05:26 AM
on a completely unrelated tangent...

I just posted my first track with my cuts over it. I'm a little excited/nervous about it, so I'd like feed back from more than the usual suspects (I still appreciate you Vash and SC107). Its called "Take That" and its grimey...its abstract...and the cuts sound a lot like DJ Krush if your familiar with the name.

So, Ming Yue, Chen Zhen, Quiet Man, Kris, and anybody else I've left out, please check out this one and give me your opinion.

for the n00b to my music.

Kristoffer
09-27-2004, 05:55 AM
(hope I don't sound like a idiot, but what do you mean by 'cuts'?)

The track

I liked the rythm. The beat rythm worked well with the piano notes too. If by cuts you mean your scratching noise in the end, then I liked that too. If not, I like it anyway.
What I don't like is that there seems to be missing something. I can't imagine listening to a longer version of it due too it's monotonous-ness. I feel that if something more was introduced, maybe where the chorus should be, then it would feel better. I also think beats with two or three piano notes over and over again are fairly common these days, and not really that fresh. IMO if u made the piano less repetitive and introduced more 'accords', and tones, + something else and something different it will be better.

My condolonces to your aunt btw ;)

CaptinPickAxe
09-27-2004, 06:17 AM
Thats exactly what I'm talkin' about, Kris!
I need reviews like that! I'm tryin' to update the file right now, but soundclick is being fruity and doing "maintenance for 5 to 10 minutes"

Yes, by cuts I mean scratching. I got like 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night...I actually dreamed of this beat. So when I awoke from my power nap I went into the lab and got to work. I'm trying to address the monotony of the piano...I've added one idea, and I just got another one this very moment. I'll have it updated in a few minutes...

CaptinPickAxe
09-27-2004, 06:59 AM
I fixed it. Its a little less monotonous...

whaddya think?

Kristoffer
09-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Oh you've changed it already..
This sounds much better I think. It's something I definatly could listen to as a whole track too. I'm not sure I can come up with any more critisism now that it's how I like it, but maybe chaser can come up with some.

good job

CaptinPickAxe
09-27-2004, 07:59 AM
one down, 4 more to go.

CaptinPickAxe
09-29-2004, 02:50 AM
My friend is going letting me borrow his Vestax PDX2000 untill school. Lemme tell ya, this puppy is slicker than grease on a open fire! He's gonna be my roommate for college, so I'm gonna have it for close to a year and a half.

This thing smokes my Numark TT200. Its grip on the record is flawless and snags it directly upon release. I have to throw the record to make the cut sound right on my Numark. This bad mofo has start and stop adjust too! On top of all that, it has ultra pitch control so if I ever miss good 'ol Texas, I can screw out some of my own selections.

Kristoffer
09-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Thats some hi tek **** cap. u know how much one goes for over there? they are frikkin expensive here.. don't drop it :)

I've looked around for a while, but I can't really spend more than the price range of your old numark. (I dig silver though). I thought that if I go with that I might spend more on a decent mixer.. but then again, maybe not

hehe

CaptinPickAxe
09-29-2004, 11:12 AM
How much does one Vestax set you back in sweden?
How much would a US/Swedish outlet converter be?
How much would shipping to Sweden from a US online store be? You should check out if you can get a $350-$380 US Vestax and see about converting and shipping.

I would recommend, if your in the market for a set-up, buying your Turntable/s first. A good mixer is nice and all, but no matter what effects you may have it won't cover up a ****ty deck. The problem with most is, when scratching when you release from the pull back most mid to low-end turntables will have a sluggish start...we call it drag. So, you end up compensating by 'throwing' the record to take the distortion out of the sample/cut. Compensating translates into a learning curve when dealing with high-end turntables (such as Technics 1200 or Vestax PDX2000). I'm experiencing said curve as we speak...it's not too much of a set back since I haven't spent too much time on the Numark.

Put it this way...
Its like taking Shaolin-Do and then taking Shuai Chiao...you have to forget some bad habits.

Kristoffer
10-01-2004, 03:36 AM
How much does one Vestax set you back in sweden?
How much would a US/Swedish outlet converter be?
How much would shipping to Sweden from a US online store be? You should check out if you can get a $350-$380 US Vestax and see about converting and shipping.

Not entierly sure. But I know they are cheaper over there but the cost of shipping it here will bring it up to almost (if not more) the price it's at in local stores. So, unless I go there myself I can't really afford it . Now, atleast.

I've been playing around with techincs and decided that I really don't want to settle with something slower than this. Since they been around for a while there's also a good chance I'll find a used one for a good price. So now I'm gonna go hunting. thx for the tips cap, apriciate it

So how's the demo going?

Kristoffer
10-01-2004, 03:45 AM
btw..
Is 700 $ too much for 2 vestax pdx2000 ?
Don't they usually cost about 700 for ONE?

:confused:

EDIT: I talked to the guy. And he bought these for 500 each, but due to he desperatly needs cash so he sells both for 700. I don't think I'll find vestaxs any cheaper than this..... what u think? Look for cheaper techs or this?
arrrgh my head hurts

CaptinPickAxe
10-01-2004, 08:30 AM
$700 is pretty steep, man. Here stateside thats almost enough for a package deal. You buy two decks and get a mixer free.

Technics are just as good as Vestax...matter of fact which is better will vary between DJ. They both have their different perks. You might be able to find Techs for a little cheaper if you dig.

The demo is coming along nicely. Actually, I've got three in the works:

1.Empathy's
2.Me and Mando's
3.My own

I've been a very busy beaver...

Kristoffer
10-02-2004, 03:31 AM
cool

Kristoffer
10-02-2004, 10:59 AM
man, 900 $ is what everythings gonna go at. (with mixer too). And if I spend any less than that I'll just get crap, litterly. I didn't know it was soooo expensive around here.
Can't honestly say I've decided yet.

meh

Kristoffer
10-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Man, **** that

CaptinPickAxe
10-04-2004, 01:32 PM
what kind of mixer? $900 doesn't sound that steep...like me buying decks in New York.

Meat Shake
10-04-2004, 01:40 PM
What is the conversion looking like from swedish $ to american $? If it would be significantly cheaper to buy within the states, you could posisbly look into just buying them here and shpiping them there.

Do you have anyone you trust stateside?
You could possibly mail it to their address and have them turn and ship it to you... 3 day on an international that size would run about 80$ shipping.

Even if not, I believe there are ways to mail it to a P.O. Box, and in turn mail it to yourself... Ill look into it tomorrow while Im getting paid to **** and sleep. God I wish this computer was fast enough for music programs... ;)

"How much would a US/Swedish outlet converter be?"
Do you use a standard european outlet or a different one? We have about 30 converters from american to european from some seat cushion massagers we got here at the office... They are sitting in a box in the storage shed gathering dust as we speak.

Kristoffer
10-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Cap it was a vestax pmc 05. just basic stuff. new, it would b 4-500$ here, but the one I looked at was so used and roughed up that the price would have been very cheap.

Originally posted by Meat Shake
What is the conversion looking like from swedish $ to american $? If it would be significantly cheaper to buy within the states, you could posisbly look into just buying them here and shpiping them there.

"How much would a US/Swedish outlet converter be?"
Do you use a standard european outlet or a different one? We have about 30 converters from american to european from some seat cushion massagers we got here at the office... They are sitting in a box in the storage shed gathering dust as we speak.

It's cheaper in the range of -I'd spend less dough if I bought it over there and shipped it personly. but I really don't trust the mail system here, coz the prices are rediculous and on top of that it's not uncommon that they try to hustle you. everyone I know who's involved in this have adviced me not to buy overseas unless I actually go there. apparantly many ppl have lost quite a few that way.
the outlets are standard european as far as I know.. converters are pretty inexpensive though.

Well I'm gonna wait a few months and see what happens. I'm getting a job soon as I'm through with the math class in december. then I'll have some more green to back up my cravings. **** these addictive things

Meat Shake
10-07-2004, 01:35 PM
I know what you mean dude... The korg triton along with the massive list of instruments I want laugh in my face all the time.

Vash
10-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Start on VMO rebuilding tomorrow. Hopefully, get enough sleep to enjoy my workout.

Hey, Meat Shake; thanks for the details on the stances. They certainly seem effective.

Starchaser107
10-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Had a demo at a hotel resort friday night way on the other side of the island in negril. it was fun but i been to better hotels. the tourists seemed to have dug the show. we have a brand new lion now and new drum cymbals and gong.
we did some kf forms as well as lion dance.

norther practitioner
10-11-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm looking foward to training indoors for the second time in two weeks :)

Starchaser107
10-11-2004, 01:26 PM
congrats n hooking up with the rec center , I had a feeling about that .

norther practitioner
10-11-2004, 03:06 PM
yeah, me too.. just took some colder weather to get someone (won't mention anyone's name *cough* Christophe *cough*) motivated to find an indoor space. 50 bucks between 10 of us a class... the price is actually going to go down though (one, I think we've picked up a few people, two, more classes=cheaper price).

Kristoffer
10-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Imagine all the Fu you could do with an exo sceleton (http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=418)

chen zhen
10-12-2004, 01:52 PM
sorry to bother yall with rap stuff again, but these are really big news.. sort of:D

http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=85864&perpage=8/pagenumber/1

i advise you to not watch the video, but read the responses..

g-unit is now officially dead and buried, yay!

Kristoffer
10-13-2004, 07:50 AM
my eyes

arrgh

that was really him it has to be.. eew

Starchaser107
10-13-2004, 08:42 AM
rumours are wack, that don't even look like banks.

CaptinPickAxe
10-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Yo, Chen. I just signed up at FutureProducer.com
Thanks for the link to the site, but shame on you for not giving a better warning about what the content of that video was... I almost wasted a badass Chinese lunch when I saw that. Whats your handle, Chen?

Mine is pretty obvious. If you've visited my site or familiar with my music, then my name should stand out like a sore thumb.

norther practitioner
10-13-2004, 12:10 PM
CPA, I'm working with a local record company right now promoting shows... Give me a few months, we'll see if we can book you to open or something.

We're thinking of bringing in GZA soon. We tried for Aesop, but he was already booked in Col. for the weekend we wanted (but his booking agent wanted 10k).

CaptinPickAxe
10-13-2004, 12:25 PM
Movin' on up, NP.

Big thangs, big thangs. Have you ever thought about El-P? I haven't seen him on tour in a minute. Also, Mos Def just dropped a new joint, and I've seen him tear **** up live.

Whenever you'd like to use me for opening, I'm down. I'll even fly down from Mn.

Me and my homie have been working on a Turntablism set that right now clocks in at 25 min. and growing. Who knows? Maybe when your ready for me (or I'm ready for you) we can put on a quality DJ set.

We're buying Final Scratch v.2 so we can spin, mix, and juggle all my tracks w/o paying to have them pressed. We are also working on how to do live P.A.s with my band.

The new production team is:
SifuBeats-Prodcution/scratch/emcee
Zue-Production/scratch/emcee
Mando- Bass
MeatShake-Drums (if he gets his act together and starts playing hip hop...and NOT SO **** LOUD!!!)
Sean- Guitar

We are Dead Rabbits

CaptinPickAxe
10-13-2004, 12:36 PM
also, local record co?

Are they looking for new talent? a producer?
If so , please direct them to my site.

Starchaser107
10-13-2004, 12:43 PM
so you wait till i'm @ home to bring in Gza , that's jus messed up dawg, i thought we was cool, I been listening to Gza way before wu tang , when he had words of the genius lp released on cold chillin records. u betta ask somebody

CaptinPickAxe
10-13-2004, 12:46 PM
u betta ask somebody

I just did....and they had no idea what I was talking about:p

chen zhen
10-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
Yo, Chen. I just signed up at FutureProducer.com
Thanks for the link to the site, but shame on you for not giving a better warning about what the content of that video was... I almost wasted a badass Chinese lunch when I saw that. Whats your handle, Chen?

Mine is pretty obvious. If you've visited my site or familiar with my music, then my name should stand out like a sore thumb.

i advised you not to watch it, but read the responses instead..;)

norther practitioner
10-14-2004, 07:25 AM
Just a side project.;)

I told you chaser, colorado is the place to be... When is the next Northbound trip?

mos def is here whenever he is on tour, he's been cornered so to speak.

CPA, which site? I'm chillin' with Bic on Friday I think, we'll check it all out.

Starchaser107
10-14-2004, 12:20 PM
so..like my new tag line

norther practitioner
10-14-2004, 12:37 PM

CaptinPickAxe
10-14-2004, 01:26 PM

same as always.
I've met so many people in the last 3 days. I met a Jazz drummer with 21 years experience, a gaggle of emcees, and 4 new producers.

I'm expanding my horizons.

norther practitioner
10-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Word, thats what I thought... just wanted to be sure.

norther practitioner
10-15-2004, 02:15 PM
:o

Y'all are boring today

time to go home.

CaptinPickAxe
10-18-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm in the process of talking with a DJ/Host of "Truth Seekas" radio show out of L.A. about getting rotation on thier station. Wish me luck, guys, I need it...

Starchaser107
10-18-2004, 12:37 PM
Good Luck u nipple sucking crowd rocking bad mutha phucker.

CaptinPickAxe
10-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Everyone knows how I like to suck the nipples...and eat caviar out of super-models' chocha:eek: :D

norther practitioner
10-19-2004, 01:47 AM
Good luck CPA....

Blech... another week of night work.

CaptinPickAxe
10-23-2004, 02:47 PM
I heard myself on the radio in LA...I thought I'd be more excited, but instead I feel like I just burned down a pound of Amsterdam's finest.

Its wierd, exciting, scary, and adds to my ego all at the same time.

I'm on rotation in LA....I skipped the whole local scene...crazy. Fu(kin' crazy...

Kristoffer
10-23-2004, 03:14 PM
i TOLD u ud make it
hell yeeeeeeeee buts its great

CaptinPickAxe
10-23-2004, 04:18 PM
not yet...

closer, but not yet

Meat Shake
10-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Jesus hates people who smoke cigarettes.

CaptinPickAxe
10-26-2004, 10:54 AM
WTF are you doing in the ORA, Shake? Didn't I tell you that if you ever show your face around here again I'll rough you up and have realtions with your girlfriend?

You're luck that its 1 o'clock and its tea and crumpets time...or else you'd feel the pounding, Shake. YOU'D FEEL THE STING!

norther practitioner
10-26-2004, 06:57 PM
OKey Dokey....

Y'all some weird cats.. seriously.

Starchaser107
10-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Thanks

norther practitioner
10-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Anytime bro, anytime....

any good shows been seen by anyone recently?

Starchaser107
10-26-2004, 07:20 PM
"looks like a penguin and a do do mixed together with a some rabbit for good measure"

that was the first thing I ever said on this thread, my first post dating all the way back to page 20...

my second post on page 21 "the natasha yi link does not work for me":p

I honestly did not remember how I got here in the first place, or why I stayed, I just know I met some really interesting people here.

No good shows recently, hopefully Kerry wins the election is all I'm saying.

norther practitioner
10-26-2004, 07:22 PM
lol, I love that other countries pull for the right person, but the middle part of this country is red.

Meat Shake
10-27-2004, 07:08 AM
Okey Dokey is a few short letters away from being ****** Donkey.

rofl. ****** gets edited on these boards.... ******. see?
Bahahahaha....

Starchaser107
10-27-2004, 11:01 AM
:D this board is craaaazy

Kristoffer
10-28-2004, 10:01 AM
Yes :)

maaaaaaaaaaaaaan I've been buzy. don't really spend alot of time on the comp anymore. I'm gonna b in a amature kung fu movie by some friends. I'm kinda lookin forward too it. oh and I've noticed my english suddenly turned to crap. maybe I should read some books.

Kristoffer
10-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Starchaser107
"looks like a penguin and a do do mixed together with a some rabbit for good measure"

that was the first thing I ever said on this thread, my first post dating all the way back to page 20...

my second post on page 21 "the natasha yi link does not work for me":p

I honestly did not remember how I got here in the first place, or why I stayed, I just know I met some really interesting people here.

Mine was '' **** this board, let it die "
I was kinda negative back then. but I learned to love.. I mean spam it. To raise my prestigious post number. I think u stayed coz this is the only sane part of this whole website. It's cool to interact with ppl all over the globe who have things in common.

Starchaser107
10-28-2004, 10:44 AM
and what a post count it is indeed.

Kristoffer
10-28-2004, 10:52 AM
size matter

but if I ever hit 10 I might quit this

CaptinPickAxe
10-28-2004, 05:20 PM
The brink is great! It represents ORA to the fullest...
Its also the biggest thread on KFO (I think...)

chen zhen
10-29-2004, 11:17 AM
can anyone actually believe im considering beginning martial arts again?:eek:

the old chen might return..

(**return of the king**)

;)

Kristoffer
10-29-2004, 12:43 PM
u should

CaptinPickAxe
10-29-2004, 12:49 PM
What are you going to take, Chen?

Starchaser107
10-29-2004, 01:05 PM
This is big stuff , word to my mamma

Kristoffer
10-29-2004, 01:42 PM
wörd

Kristoffer
10-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Albanian Mafia NYC
Moving in on the mob

Say Albanian gangsters muscled out Lucheses

BY GREG B. SMITH
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

A group of violent Balkan gangsters has made mob history by kicking one of New York's five Mafia families off the block, the Daily News has learned.
The dubious distinction belongs to a highly organized Albanian group that called itself The Corporation, authorities said. The outfit tossed the Luchese crime family out of Astoria, Queens, prosecutors said.

The FBI and Manhattan U.S. Attorney David Kelley announced yesterday the arrest of the group's alleged boss, Alex Rudaj, and 21 other reputed gang members charged in a racketeering indictment.

The indictment does not mention the Luchese family, merely a "competing criminal organization." But a prosecutor outlined the underworld coup during a bail hearing yesterday.

For years, the Luchese family - founded in the 1950s - controlled gambling in Astoria through Greek associates, law enforcement sources said. But by the summer of 2001, the Luchese family was in disarray, authorities said. Its boss was jailed for life, its underboss was facing extortion charges, and its acting boss was under heavy surveillance. The family was down to 120 members from 200.

Enter Alex Rudaj, head of a Bronx-based Albanian gang that was itching to expand its gambling operations, prosecutors said. During the bail hearing in Manhattan Federal Court, prosecutor Tim Treanor said the Rudaj group was responsible for "several beatings in taking over the Astoria operations" from the Luchese family.

The prosecutor alleged one defendant, Ljusa Nuculovic, held a knife to the throat of a suspected informant and was involved in an August 2001 shoot-'em-up at an Astoria social club called Soccer Fever. Nuculovic, an admitted gun-runner for the Kosovo Liberation Army during the Balkan wars of the early 1990s, wound up taking over the Lucheses' Astoria operation, Treanor said.

Nuculovic was denied bail yesterday.

Sources said the Albanians also were involved in beating up associates of both the Luchese and Colombo families. And boss Rudaj even went so far as to steal a nickname - Allie Boy - from Colombo boss Alphonse Persico, sources said.

"We have seen ... groups such as the Russians moving in on La Cosa Nostra," Kelley said. "This happens to be the most extensive that I've seen."

Originally published on October 27, 2004

Starchaser107
10-30-2004, 11:57 PM
Dayum.
furking mafias
__________________________________________________ __

Stupid noise pollution in my country, there's a session going on a few blocks away and I can hear the music as clear as if it were my own stero inside my house. No joking.

chen zhen
10-31-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
What are you going to take, Chen?

xingyiquan, im gonna return to my old school and start all over again.
i was too confused a year ago because i took too many classes in different styles, that i grew tired of it. now i wanna dedicate all my time to this art.
and i also began feeling like my "internal" health was declining after i stopped doing the forms & chikung excercises.. i feel like ive been missing something, so now im gonna find it again.

^to those who care.

Meat Shake
11-01-2004, 01:55 PM
Training feels good. Best of luck chen.

And now Meat Shakes random quote for the day-

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

Kristoffer
11-01-2004, 03:55 PM
trolls. I see them

Vash
11-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Good on Chen.

It's ****ing down rain. I had a great workout today. Life is good.

Meat Shake
11-01-2004, 04:45 PM
I dont know what I ate, but my stomach is in turmoil. Maybe its from the sam adams... In any case, Ive spent a good portion of the day sh!tting. Thats never fun.

Vash
11-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Protein shake = yum num.

I sinned this weekend, though. For the first time in 18 months, I ate donuts. I think I'm going to start eating a solid 1/2 dozen a month.

Starchaser107
11-01-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm glad there is no Krispy Kreme or Cinnabon here in Jamaica.. I would be so fat
that sugary stuff just tastes too good though...

Kristoffer
11-03-2004, 11:50 AM
almost like e drug innit now

""red5angel:

Someone owes me 5$!!!!!!

Cause I noticed Earth Dragon is signed in, not 24 hours after he swore he wouldn't ever come back!!!!""

Kristoffer
11-03-2004, 12:41 PM
4 more years huh.. *sigh*

CaptinPickAxe
11-03-2004, 12:42 PM
I tried, Chase, but people just don't understand. I went and voted...most of my friends went and voted.

America, get ready for the lowest of the low...

Starchaser107
11-03-2004, 01:03 PM
you did good homie,
now go dig your nuclear fallout shelter like i told you,
i know i'll be getting phucked over here , my little peedrop of an island is going to get obliterated. along with a chunk of florida