PDA

View Full Version : Attn. Gene

bodhitree
05-27-2003, 05:44 AM
Gene (or anyone else who can answer)
I just recently received the Shi De Qian Yi Jin Jing video. I saw you were the narrorator and there were several times when you said "reverse your breathing". I just wanted to know what that meant. Does it mean go to Taiji brathing, or just breath out where you were breathing in. Other than that curiousity I thought it was a great video. Thanks peace

GeneChing
05-27-2003, 09:14 AM
You mean this video (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/vidshaolmusc.html) ? Actually, I was just a translator/script writer of that - I think Andy Ching was the narrator.

As to what reverse your breathing means, well, to be honest I'm not sure. Typically, it means either to change your breathing pattern or breathing from the abdomen (probably what you mean by taiji breathing) but I can't remember without looking at that video again. But you can just look yourself and probably figure it out.

Glad you liked that video. I put a lot of work into beefing up that narration so it made more sense than the original Mandarin script that they supplied us with.

Shaolin-Do
05-27-2003, 09:30 AM
bahahaha
Hey gene, if you have any good engrish Id like to see it. Engrish is funny. make me laugh. Im sure my mandarin would be much worse, but Im sure they would laugh at the silly round eye too.

bodhitree
05-28-2003, 05:29 AM
Gene
Sorry about that misreading. It was that video. Thanks for the help.

GeneChing
05-28-2003, 09:35 AM
Technically, engrish refers to japanese english flubs while chinglish refers to chinese english flubs. Japanese swap "L" for "R", Chinese do the opposite, ergo Shaolin vs. Shorin.

But as for Chinglish, yeah I live for that stuff. My current favorite came out of the Tianrong hotel book - "we are filled with houndless confidence." Actually, we have a computer program translator here, and that just spits out chinglish like you wouldn't beleive. It regularly gives me words, good words, that I have to look up myself.