PDA

View Full Version : OT: Have a productive Memorial Day?

Shaolin-Do
05-27-2003, 07:20 AM
Hoy hoy.
Everyone have a good weekend/memorial day? Any training/drunken training? :)
Went to the river 2 days, lake yesterday to ride jet skis :)
Not much training and too much drinking however..... Going to have to put in extra work this week. Had to start quitting cigs again too... Got to close to wringing someones neck for the fight in my house on saturday. :(
Oh well.
What about all yous?

Former castleva
05-27-2003, 09:43 AM
A bit tired I guess.
Itīs getting pretty warm here and I feel just like laying back(wards) and picking up a science book.

OK,What is a memorial day? :o Memory must be off.

Shaolin-Do
05-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Memorial day - it was yesterday. :)
You are supposed to remember things... bahhahaha
I dont really know why its a holiday. But then again I celebrate christmas and im most definately not christian.
Hot in finland?
bah.
how hot does it get there during the summer?
(F, dont know celcius)
:)

Former castleva
05-27-2003, 10:01 AM
"how hot does it get there during the summer?
(F, dont know celcius)"

Letīs say the temperature is rising gradually,right now itīs only some 15c0 ;) but itīs evening.
So itīs really up to your standards.
Going to shoot for roughly 30c in a week or two,which is about as hot as it generally gets (except certain occasions)

"You are supposed to remember things... bahhahaha"
Why? I have forgotten.

"I dont really know why its a holiday. But then again I celebrate christmas and im most definately not christian."
Yeah,Yeah.Well xmas is not originally a xian day,more like made up in that sense.

Black Jack
05-27-2003, 10:02 AM
YOU DON'T KNOW WHY ITS A HOLIDAY!

Its a holiday to remeber and honor our countries soliders, those of the past and those of the present, its a thanks to those men and women in the armed services and the sacrifices they make on our behalf.

David Jamieson
05-27-2003, 10:33 AM
blackjack-

He's from finland. His soldiers are not your soldiers. so no biggy eh?

We have Remembrance day here or Armistice day as it is called in other countries. I think the states has Remembrance day too. 11/11 at 11:00am 2 mins of silence please.

cheers

Former castleva
05-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Thanks Lek.

"Its a holiday to remeber and honor our countries soliders, those of the past and those of the present, its a thanks to those men and women in the armed services and the sacrifices they make on our behalf."

I see.Iīm afraid it is not celebrated at the same time,in this part of the world.

Black Jack
05-27-2003, 10:54 AM
Before you start being my critic Kung Lek maybe you should find out who I was in reference to before making assumptions.

"I don't know really why it is a holiday"- Shaolin-Do

Who is not from finland but from texas.

:rolleyes:

Becca
05-27-2003, 11:04 AM
Why would someone not from America know about an American holiday?!?

Any who. Had a great week end just the same. Saturday- Whent to baby brother's high school graduation (didn't think he would gradute at all, so it was a bit of a suprize) then trough him a BBQ. Sunday- when fishin'. Monday- baked at the parade. Department of Sanatation had good one, as usual. They had a working pump jack (used to pump oil from established wells), a hill of sand with bombs and aircraft wreckage ebedded in it, and a corpmen "working" on wounded soldiers and children. think that sumsup the war pretty well.:)

David Jamieson
05-27-2003, 11:07 AM
my apols-

I was pulling the remark from fc's post and not from sd's.
Not critiquing either, just saying.

darn thos non quote formatters eh? :D

cheers

dwid
05-27-2003, 11:10 AM
Is everyone here high, or just purposefully obtuse?

For the record, BlackJack clearly was criticising ShaolinDo, who is from Texas, (which is in the United States), for not knowing what the holiday was all about.

He was not criticizing Former Castleva, who was simply quoting ShaolinDo.

Sorry, but BJ's frustration is palpable to me at this point.

PS-was in mid post at time of KL's comment, so I guess this is a less meaningful post now.

Black Jack
05-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Cool and thanks,

I just didn't want it to come across like I was being a ******* to Castle.

Cheers

SaMantis
05-27-2003, 12:05 PM
memorial day ... whole weekend was a wash, literally. rained buckets every day.

Did some meaningful work instead, learning Dreamweaver, and discovered that there's one more thing that I suck at, besides kung fu: web design. :(

dwid -- everyone here IS high. And obtuse. Or ... something something. I'm hungry.

Former castleva
05-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Hey,no misinformed hard feelings here. :cool:
Just for the record,I find 18th of the current month to appear what might be termed "memorial day".