PDA

View Full Version : Gin Fu Mark?

Grabula
05-27-2003, 07:33 AM
I was redirected here from the Northern PM section. I am trying to get more informaiton on the style GFM teaches as well as any information on the man personally. I have the oppurtunity to train with him and like to do a little research to find out what I am getting myself into. Any information anyone can offer would be great!

Grabula
05-27-2003, 10:31 AM
yep, I am doing as much research as I can. This has been a good resource for me on occasions so I thought I would throw the question out there and see if I got any replies. What makes you say he is real good grinding hands?

yuanfen
05-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Grabula- Gin Foon Mak- is the real McCoy.
You are fortunate if he really agrees to teach you.
He knows several styles well but the superb capstone is his
Jook Lum southern Mantis. He is knowledgeable in chi gung and
herbs.
He is a traditionalist. So if you do begin learning from him,
I wouldnt yak too much in a public forum. The southern mantis world is a fairly private world and Master Mak likes his privacy.
I am assuming that you really want to learn kung fu
rather than sporting activities. Good luck.

Grabula
05-27-2003, 01:58 PM
definitely interested in learning real kungfu. I don't doubt he knows his stuff, but I have made it a habit to research into anyones background for which I may learn a skill from. Always good to know you are learning from someone legit!

Ben Gash
05-27-2003, 03:04 PM
I'd definitely train with him.

chen zhen
05-28-2003, 09:29 AM
Some links:
www.masterginfoonmark.com

and some articles and interviews with him:

www.hometown.aol.com/martyeisen

so you have an opportunity to train with him? Lucky mother*?%?#":mad: :D

yuanfen
05-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Grabula sez:
don't doubt he knows his stuff, but I have made it a habit to research into anyones background for which I may learn a skill from. Always good to know you are learning from someone legit!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you sure that you have an opportunity to learn from him?
Does not not sound like it from your post= as of yet.

Grabula
05-28-2003, 09:49 AM
yep, but it sort of fell into my lap and I don't know much about the art or the man. Apparently his credentials are impressive however so no worries on my part.

by the way I think I spelled his name incorrectly, I believe it is Gin Foon Mark.

David
05-29-2003, 02:49 AM
Stop typing and go there now!
:)

-David