PDA

View Full Version : Herbs

grasshopper
09-08-2000, 12:27 PM
can anyone give me "good" web pages to order chinese herbs?most of the ones I've found either don't have what I want or have names I don't recognize.

Turiyan
09-09-2000, 04:46 AM
E-mail me, I have some leads for you.

grasshopper
09-09-2000, 05:39 PM
TURIYAN-thank you. I don't see your address,I'm revnwo@hotmail.com.

JWTAYLOR
09-10-2000, 07:20 PM
www.taichiherb.com (http://www.taichiherb.com)

Shifu Paul Hwang. Great Stuff.

Great Iron Palm linement.
Freaky weird good "Athletes Replenish"
Effective 5 Imortals.
And his Iron Shirt powder, although it looks and tastes like potting soil, is the closest thing to magic I've ever seen. But this he usually only makes for his students, with some pretty serious precausions

JWT

wisdom mind
09-10-2000, 11:58 PM
i need a lead too please email iandijah@hushmail.com with info...i need deer antler with fuzz and horn resin and much much more.

grasshopper
09-11-2000, 10:09 AM
JWT-thanks I appriciate it.I owe ya one :-)

Shinakira
09-12-2000, 05:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turiyan:
E-mail me, I have some leads for you.[/quote]
hey whats going on... i don't know if i can help u w/ the herbs... but i am opening up and online shot selling royal jelly, and other natural energy boosting substances, email me and maybe i can sell you some stuff
gdavid@optonline.net

------------------

grasshopper
09-14-2000, 06:38 AM
cool,got bee-seng?

Dragle
09-19-2000, 09:31 PM
I am going to make some tinctures and such and need a good source of herbs as well. My email is influxion@hotmail.com

bakmae_
12-19-2000, 10:49 AM
man jizz...go ahead...makes a wicked liniment...i'll send ya some...hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....****ing funny!!!

Taomonkey
12-19-2000, 10:00 PM
My teacher and I have a herbal supply shop and Traditional Chinese / NAtive American Medicine Clinic in Tulsa, OK. We may have what you need, plus some very great jow.
email = taomonkey@yahoo.com

bodhitree
05-27-2003, 07:57 AM
Does anyone know where to order TCM herbs for cheap? I'm looking for Green Tiger Liver Harmony.

azwingchun
05-27-2003, 01:07 PM
I am not sure about cheap, I don't know what the price of this is. But a TCM Dr., here in Phoenix will ship herbs and if he doesn't have it will usually order it for you. His name is Dr. Chow and his number is 1-877-38HERBS. Good luck. ;)

azwingchun
05-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Here is another place http://www.taiqi.com/easterth.htm . ;)

bodhitree
05-28-2003, 05:31 AM
Thank you AZWingChun. I appreciate it!

azwingchun
05-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Your very welcome, glad I could help. ;)

Wilson
12-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Anyone have experience with this company?

www.seaofchi.com

It seems like they have a nice selection of premade jow as well as raw herb recipes to make your own. Or, you can buy them seperately if you have your own recipe. Interesting selection of other TCM remedies also.

Anyone have any other recommendations of where to get these types of ingrediants? I want to start making my own jow to save a few bucks as well as learn a little something along the way.

Thanks

herb ox
12-07-2004, 07:18 PM
hmmm... sign me up for one of those FAT (phat?) catalogs!

h.ox

Wilson
12-07-2004, 08:44 PM
I got the standard catalog in the mail and it looks good. I haven't received the martial arts catalog yet. That's the one I'm really interested in. If I don't get it soon, I'm going to request it again.

GeneChing
03-03-2016, 11:22 AM
#1: They seem too cheap, given what they say they contain.
#2: They don't deliver the kick of real herbs.
#3: They can't be fresh.

The bottom line here is to always get your herbs from a proper herbalist. Don't just read about the effects on the web and head out to your cheapest vitamin supplier.

FDA Finds Majority of Herbal Supplements at GNC, Walmart, Walgreens, And Target Don’t Contain What They Claim – Instead Cheap Fillers Like Wheat And Soy Powder (http://www.healthmagazine365.com/fda-finds-majority-of-herbal-supplements-at-gnc-walmart-walgreens-and-target-dont-contain-what-they-claim-instead-cheap-fillers-like-wheat-and-soy-powder/?utm_content=buffer0fd5c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer)
January 3, 2016

The lack of regulations in regards to herbal products helps Walmart, Walgreens, Target, and GNC to take full advantage and sell the public supplements that do not contain the herbs on the label.

The New York State attorney general’s office conducted an investigation into store-brand supplements at four national retailers — GNC, Target, Walgreens and Wal-Mart. The investigation found that these giant retail stores sell dietary supplements that do not contain the herbs specified on their labels. Moreover, many of these supplements included potential allergens which were not identified in the ingredients list.

Normally, all these stores deserved their cease-and-desist letters which requested them to stop selling these products. These letters, first reported today by the New York Times maintained that “Contamination, substitution and falsely labeling herbal products constitute deceptive business practices and, more importantly, present considerable health risks for consumers.”

We will now explain the findings of the investigations of these products in more details below:

Products by Walmart, Spring Valley brand:

Echinacea
No echinacea or plant material was found in the supplement

Saw Palmetto
Garlic and rice were found in the product
Some samples contained small amounts of saw palmetto

Ginseng
No ginseng detected
Instead, rice, dracaena, pine, wheat/grass and citrus were found in the supplement

Gingko Biloba
No gingko Biloba found in the dietary supplement
Instead, the product included rice, dracaena, mustard, wheat and radish

St. John’s Wort
No St. John’s Wort found
Detected garlic, rice and cassava

Garlic
One sample showed small amounts of garlic
The product included rice, pine, palm, dracaena and wheat

Products By Walgreens, Finest Nutrition brand

Echinacea
No echinacea detected
They found garlic, rice and daisy

Saw Palmetto
Contained saw palmetto

Ginseng
No ginseng found
Detected garlic and rice

Gingko Biloba
No gingko Biloba detected
Rice was found in the product

St. John’s Wort
No St. John’s Wort found
Detected garlic, rice and dracaena

Garlic
No garlic found
Detected palm, dracaena, wheat and rice

Products by GNC, Herbal Plus brand:

Echinacea
No echinacea found
rice found in some samples

Saw Palmetto
One sample contained the clear presence of palmetto
Other samples contained a variety of ingredients, including rice, asparagus, and primrose

Ginseng
No ginseng found
detected rice, dracaena, pine, wheat/grass and citrus

Gingko Biloba:
No gingko Biloba found
Did detect allium (garlic), rice, spruce and asparagus

St. John’s Wort
No St. John’s Wort found
detected allium (garlic), rice and dracaena (a tropical houseplant)

Garlic
Contained garlic
Products By Target, Up & Up brand

Echinacea
Most, but not all tests detected Echinacea
One test identified rice in the content

Saw Palmetto
Most tests detected saw palmetto
Some tests found no plant DNA

Valerian Root
No valerian root found
Detected asparagus, pea family, rice, wild carrot, allium, bean, and saw palmetto

Gingko Biloba
No gingko Biloba detected
Found garlic, rice and mung/French bean

St. John’s Wort
No St. John’s Wort found
Found garlic, rice and dracaena (houseplant)

Garlic
Contained garlic
One test identified no DNA