PDA

View Full Version : OT: Canada again

fa_jing
05-27-2003, 01:58 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/reuters20030527_344.html

good for them.

I was watching the O'Reilly factor last night. Bill says that if he were president, he would militarize the United States borders with Canada and Mexico. This would stop narcotics trafficking cold, says he, and would help prevent terrorists from entering the country.

Nut. I used to like his pre-election coverage - then I read his book and decided he's an idiot.

rogue
05-27-2003, 02:00 PM
Hmmmm Canada? I hear that there's an opening in the Axis of Evil.:D

Black Jack
05-27-2003, 02:02 PM
I like O'Reilly and think he has a lot of good points. Tightening up the borders is a serious-serious must IMO.

In additional respect to the right I also would bang Ann Coulter. I bet she is a wildcat.

rogue
05-27-2003, 02:13 PM
Toss in Laura Ingram in high heels and a garter belt and BJs head will explode:D

GreyMystik
05-27-2003, 02:35 PM
it's about time someone listened to the voice of reason and decriminalized something that was a complete waste of law enforcement time and money... now if we can just get the feds out of it we may be on our way to something good

shaolin kungfu
05-27-2003, 03:47 PM
In additional respect to the right I also would bang Ann Coulter. I bet she is a wildcat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ann Coulter seriously needs to eat more freedom fries.

carly
05-27-2003, 03:59 PM
It is going to create enormous amounts of marijuana tourism from the US and help our battered economy.
Come on down!

carly
05-27-2003, 04:04 PM
http://www.cannabisculture.com/

carly
05-27-2003, 04:07 PM
BY ERIC ALTERMAN | I first met Laura Ingraham on the set of MSNBC on the network's first day on the air. If memory serves, she asked former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres a question displaying both amazing audacity and embarrassing ignorance. Coming just days after the explosion aboard TWA flight 800 over Long Island, Laura wanted to know if Peres thought it was a good idea for the U.S. to bomb Syria or Libya in response. Peres clearly thought she was nuts and did his best to explain that no one even knew if foul play had been involved yet.
What could I conclude but that this woman was more full of **** than just about anyone I had ever met? She was clearly off her rocker when it came to international politics.

carly
05-27-2003, 04:11 PM
http://cannabisculture.com/babes/babes-26.html
http://cannabisculture.com/babes/babes-70.html
http://www.cannabisculture.com/babes/babes-120.html

Chang Style Novice
05-27-2003, 04:21 PM
Not only would I rather read Eric Alterman and Paul Krugman than Laura Ingraham and Anne Coulter, I'd rather have a three way with Eric Alterman and Paul Krugman than Laura Ingraham and Anne Coulter.

And no, I'm not gay.

Chang Style Novice
05-27-2003, 04:22 PM
You can replace Katha Pollit and Molly Ivins for Eric Alterman and Paul Krugman in that last post, just to give some of America's excellent she-lefties their due.

Ben Gash
05-27-2003, 05:07 PM
http://www.anncoulter.org/images/webimages/gun.jpg
Yup, she's the girl for you alright BJ ;)
CSN, you need HELP man!

Black Jack
05-27-2003, 05:36 PM
I would come home from a hard days work and Ann would be their cleaning my guns and polishing my knives in nothing but a sweater vest..........yeah that is so good.....looking up from her work she would utter......"would you like some coulter pie?"

YEAH

guohuen
05-28-2003, 09:00 AM
What do you expect from a Dartmouth Review alum. I was teasing her mentor, Jeffrey Hart about folks saying he was somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun and he said that was correct. Attila had too much bureaucracy in his administration.

ewallace
05-28-2003, 09:05 AM
FTR, I don't smoke. Well, anymore that is. But I think we need to learn a lesson from what Canadia has done.

Shaolin-Do
05-28-2003, 09:11 AM
up to 25 plants???
If you know what you are doing that can be a lot of pot on a regular basis............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................canada eh?............................................... .................................................. .........................Maybe I should move..... .................
:)

fa_jing
05-28-2003, 09:49 AM
yes, but not enough pot to export, I guess is the point.

Shaolin-Do
05-28-2003, 09:52 AM
No, but enough for me to smoke my face. :)
Canada has like.... I dont even remember how many miles so I wont open my mouth, but its a lot... of un-monitored borders. you can just walk into america with a backpack full of weed if you wanted.

fa_jing
05-28-2003, 09:57 AM
I would think that militarizing the US-Canadian border would be an expensive proposition. All for the sake of a line in the dirt and a status quo.

guohuen
05-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Hey! It works so well on the Mexican border.:D

David Jamieson
05-28-2003, 12:14 PM
I think that one of the things that makes Canada and the United States a symbol of freedom to the rest of the world is the fact that we have the largest unprotected borders between each other and we are both democratic nations.

It will be great when Mexico gets on board ideologically, politically and socially. That would make this continent the largest block of free soveriegn lands in the world!

To militarize the borders would be a step backward IMO.
We have enough in place and growing to take into consideration the criminal elements of both our societies.

I also think that a lot of people are misinterpreting the laws up here in Canada.

Cannabis is by no means "legal". These decriminalization policies have not passed as law and won't be until year end.
The decriminalization is tantamount to a tolerance policy similar to that of the Netherlands and some of the States in the USA.

What the decriminalization laws do is update the current laws which are non-enforcable by law. It also takes into consideration the medical use of the substance. It removes it from the criminal elements that currently control it's production and trafficing. It opens the door to new agricultural endeavours that in turn will generate revenue for the country. It will free up an already clogged judicial system and it will free up police organizations to regain focus on more serious crime. It also leaves pressing charges at the discretion of the arresting officers in those cases where a certain amount of dried or vegetating substance exceeds the amount allowed by law. 15 grams dry, 25 plants in vegetation.

There will be the offshoot generation of work and revenue from this in areas such as the medical industry and many others. Textiles, papers, fuels, etc etc.

The only problem is that people will abuse it. But that's already true of many otherwise legal substances and activities!

Overall, I think it is progessive thinking and will bring more benefit than grief.

cheers

Black Jack
05-28-2003, 12:45 PM
That's because militarization is not being done to any great extent on the Mexico border...I mean any extent...tightening up our borders would be a major step in the right direction.

Right now we are overrun and taxed with illegal immigrantion and the problem is only getting worse. Having a secure nation is not a step backwards and it does not take away any of our greatness.

btw- the U.S. is a Constitutional Republic.

fa_jing
05-28-2003, 01:31 PM
Black Jack - how we going to pay for that increased militarization? What problems do illegal immigrants cause? Most seem to be hard-working, productive members of society - in terms of being "overrun" and "taxed" as you say -- I'm not seeing that. I do think it makes it harder to keep tabs on people for anti-terrorism efforts - but to be honest, having tabs kept on you is pretty much voluntary in this society. If you don't want to give out your SSN, you don't have to in most cases. If you don't want the police to catch you for something, don't drive.
Anyway my impresson is that 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants cause more problems to society than their parents. You know, like the rest of the adolescents in this society which lacks moral backbone.

Shaolin-Do
05-28-2003, 01:45 PM
Congrats fa-Jin! you are number 2 today to reach number 2222 post! :)
You win Chen Zhen's first born child!
And you are right, these da mned pesky adolescents. We should pass a law allowing complete strangers to dispense corporal punishment on children misbehaving.
:D

jun_erh
05-28-2003, 03:45 PM
E.D. HILL IS ****IN HOT

Black Jack
05-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Fa Jing,

Illegal immigration is a ENORMOUS drain on public funds, it is not a victimless crime, the tax dollars used in public assistance, housing and education that goes into taking care of poor and unskilled illegal immigrates is vast. Their are over 8 million criminals like this in the U.S. and at this point with over 40% of them living in California.

I lived in Southern Calirfornia and San Deigo for a number of years and to say that they are all hardworking is not even close to the reality of the matter. Illegal immigrants from Mexico often do not care about American values, culture, or assimalation in any respect.

The immigrants of the past came here and worked hard, they went through the proper loops and tasted bitter, now we have a class of liberal citizens that have made up this image of the down-trodden romantic illegal citizen just hoping for a break, total bs, and this break comes from my and your tax dollars, a cost which grows every year as illegal's have shown to have a dramatic population growth, why not have more kids if their are programs to support them and if the pay off is that they can stay in the country, a country they often could care less about becoming a part of.

We need a comprehensive program of social and physical deterrance, apprehension and removal. We need to end ALL public benefits of illegal aliens and deport all immigrants who become public charges. The money we would save by setting up a serious system of protection would pay for itself.

Remeber this is about illegal immigrants being those that jump border or stay after their visa expires not those hardworking people you go through the right channels. In the end it is really the non-illegal immigrant who gets burned.

Illegal immigrants are criminals by the very nature of their action.

Ben Gash
05-28-2003, 03:56 PM
Hey Black Jack, you should try the funding double whammy we have. Billions to maintain a military presence to keep a country safe, and then millions processing asylum seekers from a country we're paying to keep safe :confused: :confused: :confused:

Black Jack
05-28-2003, 04:18 PM
Ben-

Yeah the double whammy can be a eye-roller on occassion.

Side Note- Before the retarded start to throw out terms like racist they should understand I am talking about illegal immigrents. A large majority of these illegal immigrents just happen to come from the grande old country of Mexico.

Watchmen- I guess you decided it was better to move out of the topic. I don't blame you.:D

David Jamieson
05-29-2003, 10:12 AM
Illegal migrants are a problem in Canada as well. The current immigration laws do not address many of the problems that we are experiencing.

Having said that, let's recognize that North American countries, particulalry USA and Canada are young, ergo, with the exception of the native peoples we are all immigrants here of likely no more than 6 generations. K, that's teh peacenik stance, and frankly the whole "we're all immigrants here" doesn't hold much water with me. I regard it as pure sophism.

We need systems in place that can ensure human rights are not violated, personal freedoms are not violated and at the same time the country is not compromised by the activities of unknowns.

People who illegally enter a country are not accounted for, but often times find a way to get on the social welfare teat. This irks me! Do it right or don't do it at all is my stance.

Point of origin is where the problem starts. People who sell packages to people based on their hopes and dreams. Honestly, if those folks took the legal path it would be a lot easier for them to enter these desirabl countries. It would cost them less too.

bj- thanks for clarifying the constitutional republic point. lol, it's true, Canada is not a democratic nation either, we just use some of what is known as the democratic process to install our community leaders. Big surprise for everyone when they find out what Plato's definition of a democracy is! (read "The Republic" -Plato), it ain't what ya think it is.

Anyway

Black Jack
05-29-2003, 11:26 AM
Me and Kung Lek agree on something political!!

Makes me want to sing...."We are the world....we are the children.":D

Water Dragon
05-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Black Jack
Me and Kung Lek agree on something political!!

A sure sign that the end is coming.

BlackJack, should your views take hold, I fully expect you to take advantage of all the good, new jobs available. 12 hour days for $ 1.50/hour with no vacation or benefits is one heckuvan opportuntiy for any Godd Native Born American. And be careful, I want no dirt on my grapes and my fork best be clean.

Black Jack
05-29-2003, 12:35 PM
Thats the point. Americans will stop getting ripped off and the buck will come back around to them. It's unfair that company A can break the law and hire 12 illegals for the price of one quater pounder with cheese and company B who does not break the law gets shafted on a cleaning or construction contract because he chooses to hire tax paying Americans instead and can not afford the low-ball deal company A is bidding.

I am ALL for people to come over here and be a part of our country. ALL FOR IT. Just do it through the proper legal channels.

Christopher M
05-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Almost all those problems with illegal immigration would be eliminated if we got rid of welfare and associated programs! :eek:

But all of the potential advantages would remain.

carly
05-29-2003, 12:41 PM
The US government just gave over a billion dollars to US companies that had left the US and gone to Bermuda in order to avoid paying taxes in the US. Yet they still get US government cash. Is this just or fair?
US pays offshore firms $1 billion
"Bermuda and the Caymans are the favoured destinations
Companies which have moved offshore to avoid paying US taxes are making a billion dollars a year from US government contracts, an Associated Press investigation has found.
The figure marks an 18% increase over the most recent comparable data, collected in 2001 by Democratic staffers on the House of Representatives Ways & Means Committee."

carly
05-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Corporations using offshore tax dodges are deserting America in a time of trouble, says the Bermuda Project. As Americans prepare to pay their taxes, corporate fat cats are abandoning our country to avoid paying their fair share. http://www.thebermudaproject.com/

Black Jack
05-29-2003, 12:56 PM
I am more talking about American small business owners.

carly
05-29-2003, 01:35 PM
But do you like your government rewarding the big companies with your tax dollars when they have left the US?