PDA

View Full Version : Chi Blockage?

Cheese Dog
05-27-2003, 11:24 PM
Lately when doing chi gung I've been getting a chi blockage in the governor vessel, right between the shoulder blades. It feels like energy is getting "stuck" there and not wanting to move further up the vessel. Have any of you guys experianced this, and if so, what did you do about it?

Any advice would be apreciated.

Thank you,
Cheese Dog

bodhitree
05-28-2003, 05:37 AM
I've been experiancing the same exact thing for about a week now! The last time it happened after a friend cracked my back it got better, so I'm gonna try that tonight. I've tried everything else, leading Qi there, stretching, lying flat on the floor. I'll let you know how it works out, good luck!
heping, ai, he kuile

Cheese Dog
05-29-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the advice, Guohuen. So I shouldn't try to 'force" chi through the blockage, but just allow the blockage to dissolve in it's own time?

The third tricky gate is at the base of the skull, isn't it?

I definitely need to stretch more. My chiropractor jumped my case about it earlier today. He told me he has some patients who are powerlifters who have more flexibility in their shoulders than I do!

Thanks again,
Cheese Dog.

Former castleva
05-30-2003, 04:32 PM
Be careful to not get a stroke when being chiropracticed on. ;)

Odin of Wei
06-06-2003, 08:01 PM
I don't think I ever felt anything like this before.

What does it feel like?

...a big pain or just discomfort?

QuaiJohnCain
07-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Yup, I had that too. In my case, it was my posture. I was too hollow in the chest (sunken), and leaning forward sometimes. Have a good teacher look at your posture, and correct what you may be doing wrong.

Odin of Wei
07-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by QuaiJohnCain
Yup, I had that too. In my case, it was my posture. I was too hollow in the chest (sunken), and leaning forward sometimes. Have a good teacher look at your posture, and correct what you may be doing wrong.
My Sifu just says to tuck in your tail bone.

I have uber bad posture! :(