PDA

View Full Version : Eagle claw vs. Wingchun

dre_doggX
09-18-2001, 03:47 PM
What advantages and disadvantages they have againts each other.

principles, who they use qi.
both were made for a war.
thats one thing in common the have.

Andre Lashley

CrushingFist
09-19-2001, 11:42 PM
well, while wingchun doesn't concentrate on legs that much, eagle claw practicioners would probably (if skilled) trip up the wing chun practicioners legs attempting to knock him over, or lose balance so that he easy easy to hit.
an eagle claw practicioner would have a hard time grabbing a wing chun practicioners arms though because they both use chisao and it would have a lot of counter and counter again moves. I think the best way a wing chun practicioner can go is not letting the eagle claw practicioner get too close...and if they do immediately go for vital points, likewise, eagle claw practicioner will want to get in close to try and trip up and stop the wingchun practicioner, and forget trying to grab their arms, probably better to go strait for the throat and eyes.

TatewakiKuno
09-20-2001, 01:10 AM
Now what if it was a free for all with three people tiger claw, eagle claw, and wing chun?

More Chi, Train Harder

ngokfei
09-22-2001, 08:55 PM
the styles of EC and WC are very similar when it comes to close quarter fighting. It is a misconception to think that the northern aspect of the EC system is what the style is about. Both EC & WC have similar techniques and to think that EC would dominate in the Tripping is a mistake.

For a real view of EC you have to learn the Lin Kuen form. Kind of like linking various chi sao like techniques and counters together for form 50 series of responses.

If I was to describe EC from other styles it would be. Xing Yi, Wing Chun and Swai Jiao. Not including the heavy Northern basic training.

eric Hargrove
ngokfei@juno.com

PaleDragon
09-25-2001, 11:54 PM
...but definately entertaining... for a good movie about wing chun vs. eagle claw...buy "the decendant of Wing Chun" has an old monk on the cover holding a sliced orange...

CrushingFist
09-26-2001, 12:33 AM
I'd like to see it.
is there any stores online that sell it?

PaleDragon
09-27-2001, 07:48 AM
its handled by Tai Seng...i found it one day at sam goody i believe...search the web for tai seng movies...its worth alittle trouble finding(i only paid 15 for it so you can probably find it online cheaper)