PDA

View Full Version : Fighting again

Adam R
05-29-2003, 03:21 AM
In anwser to some of your questions.

Have I fought WC People?

Yes... But only a few. Most a far more content with talking than fighting. And suppose that is okay.

Have I found WC to be effective?

Definitely. Though there have been some painful mistakes along the way.

And far as experience goes.

I've found that most people will only fight if they know they have a good chance of winning, be that by weight of numbers or the element surprise. Yet in most cases a persons percieved level of skill far out weighs their actual ability, and this is where most come undone. Even those with so called reputaions will rarely enter a fight without the odds stacked in their favour. Funny thing about a reputation... it can take thirty years to bulid one and three seconds to loose it.

I find these three old rules to be a ggod example:

1) Never stand on ceremony.

2) The first hit is worth ten later.

3) Aggressive action usaully starts way before the first strike has been thrown.

foolinthedeck
06-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Yet in most cases a persons percieved level of skill far out weighs their actual ability, and this is where most come undone

i'll admit you condition it with 'most', but even still surely this onlt refers to those of an inflated ego. for my part, i 'think' that my wing chun is a load of cr*p and i wouldn't use it to fight. but i have 'faith' that i would surprise myself and actually do a hell of a lot better than what i 'think'.

or is my actual ability cr*p?

anerlich
06-02-2003, 05:05 PM
I've found that most people will only fight if they know they have a good chance of winning, be that by weight of numbers or the element surprise.

Unless you're backed into a corner and have no choice, why would anyone but a fool fight someone and risk injury or worse if they think they're going to lose?

Most guys over the age of 25 have realised that trying to become the baddest MF'er in the world is way overrated as a career prospect.