PDA

View Full Version : OT: Question for Australians.

Laughing Cow
05-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Hey Serpent and others.

What do you guys think of the move by the US to relocate troops from S. Korea and Japan maybe to your part of the globe?

Looks like they will pull nearly all the troops out of S. Korea and 2/3 from Okinawa/Japan.

Apparently it is tied in with the troop movements in the middle east to provide better global coverage due to smaller dispersed bases.

Cheers.

jon
05-29-2003, 06:13 PM
Yeah i think its tops.
Infact im in favor of changing our name officaly from Australia to Bomb Magnet.

Serpent
05-29-2003, 06:29 PM
If nothing else, maybe Bush will come over for a troops inspection and give me the chance to wipe out the mutherfukka once and for all.

:mad:

Ben Gash
05-29-2003, 06:34 PM
Serpent, do you like having your mail read or something?

joedoe
05-29-2003, 06:36 PM
What I find amusing is that a few weeks ago an Australian politician in the ruling party stated categorically that there would be no US troop bases in Australia.

Personally I don't care that much - we have a close military relationship with the USA anyway so having some of their troops stationed here isn't going to make that much difference I don't think.

rogue
05-29-2003, 06:37 PM
I've just checked with my CIA connections. We'll be sending serpent a very special present, Hillary Rodham Clinton. Naked.

Serpent
05-29-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by rogue
I've just checked with my CIA connections. We'll be sending serpent a very special present, Hillary Rodham Clinton. Naked.

AAAARRRGGGHHHH! I repent!

I won't touch Bush, I promise!

Serpent
05-29-2003, 06:41 PM
As in Bush, the American dictator, btw.

I will still touch Bush, the joy of living.

rogue
05-29-2003, 06:59 PM
If the Hillary thing doesn't work we'll send her insuffurable husband over to your house and force you to listen to his opinions on everything. Kind of like KFO without the funny parts.

Serpent
05-29-2003, 07:05 PM
I'd rather that than Hillary naked.

rogue
05-29-2003, 07:10 PM
You don't get c-span over there do you?:eek:

Laughing Cow
05-29-2003, 07:19 PM
Serpent.

There is a better way to get back at Bush.

Re-educate all those US troops and teach them to speak proper english and to respect the Queen.

;) ;D

Ben Gash
05-29-2003, 07:22 PM
But Serpent's australian, he doesn't respect the Queen. Nor does he speak fantastic English.

Ben Gash
05-29-2003, 07:24 PM
Anyway, in revenge Australia should export all their crappy soaps and cop shows to the states. It's been their favourite terror method against the British regime ;) Still, Kylie, mmm.............

Laughing Cow
05-29-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Ben Gash
But Serpent's australian, he doesn't respect the Queen. Nor does he speak fantastic English.

His English might not be perfect, but better than what they speak in those colonies.

Back home we had a joke:
"Wanna sound like an american put chewing gum in your mouth and than try talk english."
:D :D

Laughing Cow
05-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Anyway, in revenge Australia should export all their crappy soaps and cop shows to the states. It's been their favourite terror method against the British regime ;) Still, Kylie, mmm.............

Aren't they already doing that with Paul Hogan and the "Crocodile Hunter"??
;)

As for kylie, contact me again once she can sing, her looks do nothing for me.

Ben Gash
05-29-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm
spinning around
I'm caught in a daze
You know I feel it when you do it like

Ben Gash
05-29-2003, 07:30 PM
That's because you're looking at her face :D

Ben Gash
05-29-2003, 07:32 PM

Until you've seen Neighbours or Home and Away, you really have no idea. Still, Holly Valance.......

Laughing Cow
05-29-2003, 07:37 PM

Until you've seen Neighbours or Home and Away, you really have no idea. Still, Holly Valance.......

Broadcasters over here are very select of what overseas material they show.

Hope they will soon kick FOX of the air and give us BBC back.

But than I still enjoy my weekly dose of "Full Metal Challenge" and similar on Discovery.

Ben Gash
05-29-2003, 07:39 PM
They won't let you see Holly Valance? I'd rise up in bloody revolution my friend :D
Where is here anyway?

Serpent
05-29-2003, 08:31 PM

Actually, I'm British. Scottish descent, grew up in England. I've lived in Oz since '96.

Lived in many other places and travelled extensively before settling here too.

So my English is truly f'ed up by now! ;)

rogue
05-29-2003, 08:43 PM
Respect the Queen? Which one? Elton John, Boy George, George Michaels. Jeeze you Brits have more queens than Bob Hope has birthdays.

BTW, Don't **** us Yanks off, France did and we sent them Disney, Jerry Lewis and McDonalds, and look at them now.

joedoe
05-29-2003, 08:44 PM
They won't let you see Holly Valance? I'd rise up in bloody revolution my friend :D
Where is here anyway?

Mmmmmm. Holly Valance. :D

Laughing Cow
05-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Euro Disney is nearly bankrupt.
McDees' gets cow manure dumped on it.
Jerry Lewis who is he.

As for the british queens at least they can sing, all you have is the King and the Boss.

Serpent
05-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Holly Valance... wouldn't mind her as my neighbour.

shaolin kungfu
05-29-2003, 09:02 PM
Actually, I'm British. Scottish descent, grew up in England. I've lived in Oz since '96.

My god! Oz! Is it even a real place? not like it is on tv I hope.

Ben Gash
05-29-2003, 09:02 PM
It's not euro disney anymore. It's disneyland paris.

Serpent
05-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Oz.

Down Under.

The Lucky Country.

The Wide Brown Land.

All euphemisms for Australia. And there are more, of course!

shaolin kungfu
05-29-2003, 09:12 PM
Oz.

Down Under.

The Lucky Country.

The Wide Brown Land.

All euphemisms for Australia. And there are more, of course!

I know, I was making a joke. It was a pretty stupid one though.:(

tsunami surfer
05-29-2003, 09:16 PM
We also have Ozzy Osbourne!

SSSHHAAAAARRROOOOONNNN!!!

Serpent
05-29-2003, 09:19 PM
Bad jokes are allowed on Fridays. (It's Friday here, bytw!)

I love Ozzy Osbourne. We have that show here now, The Osbournes. That is some quality tv!

Becca
05-29-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Laughing Cow

His English might not be perfect, but better than what they speak in those colonies.

Back home we had a joke:
"Wanna sound like an american put chewing gum in your mouth and than try talk english."

Wasn't Australia a colony, too?:confused:

And that's cotton ball under the tounge, not chewing gum.:D

Laughing Cow
05-29-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Becca

Wasn't Australia a colony, too?:confused:

If I remember correctly most of the first settlers didn't go there by choice or of their own free will.

And that's cotton ball under the tounge, not chewing gum.:D
Hemp more like it. ;)

joedoe
05-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by shaolin kungfu

My god! Oz! Is it even a real place? not like it is on tv I hope.

That TV show Oz was some hardcore sh!t. If that didn't put you off the criminal life I don't know what would.

Serpent
05-29-2003, 11:07 PM
:confused:

joedoe
05-30-2003, 12:00 AM
It is/was an extremely gritty US TV series about life in a maximum security prison. It was not a documentary, but it definitely portrayed the ugly side of prison life. And it covered the issue of what every man dreads about the idea of being imprisoned - getting arse raped.

I thought it was a good show. Very confronting.

Laughing Cow
05-30-2003, 12:02 AM
I watched one Episode but couldn't get into it.

Serpent
05-30-2003, 12:03 AM
Wow. Never heard of it.

joedoe
05-30-2003, 12:13 AM
It was called Oz because the prison facility was called Oswald, so it was nicknamed Oz.

LC - I can see how that might be. If you hadn't followed the show (as I hadn't) it was hard to figure out who was who and the relationships (not that kind serpent) between the characters. But if you managed to sort through that it addressed some interesting stuff about prison life.

Becca
05-30-2003, 06:33 AM
LC- Not all orriginal settlers here wanted to be here at first, either. It was the brittish way to get rid of people who they didn't like.;)

I started watching Oz, but when my oldest started quoting some of the characters, I felt the need to quit. Some things just shouldn't come out of the mouths of small kids...:(