PDA

View Full Version : BaGua Videos and Books

Empty Fist
05-30-2003, 05:49 AM
I would like to incorporate some BaGua with my Tai Chi Chuan training. I know books and videos can never replace a good instructor. Unfortunately there are no qualified BaGua instructors around where I live. I’d appreciate any feedback that anyone can give. Thanks.

chen zhen
05-30-2003, 10:51 AM
www.winglam.com should have some, and www.martialartsmart.com also.

looking_up
05-30-2003, 01:20 PM
I have Park Bok Nam's two books and accompanying videos in good shape if you are interested...send me a PM if you are, I can give you a good deal.

Leimeng
05-31-2003, 05:55 PM
~ Check out Dr Xie Peiqi's YinFu Bagua stuff available at
http://www.traditionalstudies.org/
~ Good stuff from the real deal. If practiced diligently it should provide a good foundation to develop internal martial skills.
~ I would not reccomend a lot of the other stuff commercially available due to my not having seen it yet.
~ As with all things, caveat emptor.

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

bodhitree
06-02-2003, 05:33 AM
Tai Chi Magazine has a lot of Bagua videos (being 3/4 of there magazine is F-ing advertisments) Check it out!!

Buddy Tripp
06-04-2003, 04:56 PM
EF,
No you really can't learn from a video if you don't have a solid background in internal movement. Save your sheckels and go spend a weekend at a real live seminar. Hell, stay a couple days at a cheap Motel 6 and go out drinking with the other attendess. Luo Dexiu is going to be in Philly this summer, you could probably swing it.
Buddy