PDA

View Full Version : Training

THREE EYED LAU
05-30-2003, 02:52 PM
So what kind of training are u guys doing at home just now what stuff and how often . be realistic plzz im trying 2 get an idea of what other people are doing thnx.

norther practitioner
05-30-2003, 02:59 PM
I usually try to run through at least one form a day when I'm not training, sometimes I get through about 6 or 7. I'll do them at least 3 times, unless I'm doing 6 or 7 of them then only 1 or 2 times each. I also lift every other day now, and Mt. bike about once a week to supplement the training outside of the school.

Ben Gash
05-30-2003, 02:59 PM
Push ups, sit ups, stances.
Lau Gar Kuen (Hung Gar)
Tiger and Snake fist (Fu Se Kuen) (Nan Sil Lum)
Ng Lung Choy (Choy Li Fut)
Just a good foundation workout really. Where I'm on nights it's hard to do loads of kicking, or CV, or more mobile stuff.

Sho
05-30-2003, 03:24 PM
I try to train everyday at home, but not too extensively.

Ride my bike to school and back (2x10km)
Sparring combinations
Stance training
Forms
Forearm and shin conditioning
Push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups
Qigong

Starchaser107
05-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Well I dont have a fixed routine , although i think maybe i should. today i did some tai chi and then went into some stance work, lots of jumping jacks, push ups leg raises and my staff and spear .
Do you guys have set routines? do you find it works better that way?, I'm gonna go spar soon so I'll check back here later but , just wondering if you people out there have like a routine for each day outside of class. Or do you do like me : whatever you feel like doing on that particular day.

Ben Gash
05-30-2003, 07:33 PM
Well, I've just done my workout, and on top of that little lot I did Mang Fu Kuen (wild tiger fist), an advanced Nan Sil Lum set, and some shadow boxing. To think that some of my colleagues sleep on their break :) Don't they reralise they could be doing kung fu at 3 in the morning ;) Still, I've got the crash team pager, so it's a good job that didn't go off when I was in a vest with no shoes on and running with sweat :)

Ben Gash
05-30-2003, 07:34 PM
Starchaser, the problem with doing what I feel like is that I never feel like doing stances or stretching. :D

Becca
05-30-2003, 07:44 PM
The only thing regular in my daily rutine is 20 minutes cardio, usually jump ropping, and 20 min stretching. used to do my nunchaku daily, but I haven't in a few weeks. do stances and forms once or twice per week outside of class. I'm trying to get my abs in shape, so I do try to work them every day, but I don't always...

Ben Gash
05-30-2003, 07:55 PM
After all that I came back off my break and had to grapple with a patient for 10 minutes :(

Starchaser107
05-30-2003, 08:45 PM
didnt get to spar myself , i taught class , so i just did some bag work afterwards..mmmn.

yenhoi
05-31-2003, 10:05 AM
Do you guys have set routines? do you find it works better that way?,

Yes, and yes. I have found that planning my days out in good detail makes much more economical use of my time. Helps get 'more' in when possible and balance myself when it comes to rest/diet/training needs.

It helps to keep good records, Im sure even more so the longer you've been at it.

:eek:

No_Know
05-31-2003, 12:43 PM
I press my fist down to get up off of the floor.

I think about the things I am not doing and how to do them better when I more physically do~ them.