PDA

View Full Version : OT: Recipe

Ben Gash
05-31-2003, 04:06 PM
Has anyone got a recipe for biscuits and (sausage) gravy? I love 'em, but you can't get them here, and I've not managed to find a recipe.

Becca
05-31-2003, 05:47 PM
Gravy is easy.

1 lb sausage
1/4 cup flour
some milk and some water.

Brown sausage, set aside to cool. Leave grease in pan. Add flour to grease slowly and brown it. Add milk a little bit at a time and mix well with a wire wisk (or egg beeter) every time you add some. Once it gets the consistancy of playdo, switch to adding water. Keep adding water untill it is the consistancy you want. Then crumble the sausage into the gravy and stir.

If you use a good sausage, you won't need to season it.
Canned biscuts are usually good for me, but if you want them home made:

2 cups self rising flour
2 tbl oil
and some luke warm water

Pre-heat oven to 350` Put flour and oil in a bowl them mix well with a fork. will be the consistancy of lumpy sand. Add water untill it adhears into a ball. Turn out onto a heavily floured counter. sprinkle some more flour ontop and fold. You'll need to work some more flour into it by folding it several times, but don't kneed it; you'll make it tough. Once you've got it so's it isn't too wet, pat it flat then cut biscuts. Place on a cookie sheet and place on middle rack of oven. Bake untill brown, about 20-25 min.

Ben Gash
05-31-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks Becca :D
Breakfast will never be the same again.

SaMantis
05-31-2003, 06:08 PM
Mmm, biscuits & gravy. My sister-in-law makes 'em pretty darn good using Jimmy Dean sage sausage. Unfortunately I can't find that brand up here.