PDA

View Full Version : Pavel Ts. "Power to the People"

Hobbs the vagus
06-02-2003, 03:26 AM
I have been reading Pavel Ts. "Power to the People" and thought I would try one of his suggested cycles. What I can't figure out is what kind of split is he recommending. The book seems to promote 3 exercises, press, dead lift and curl. He details reps and weight progression, but I can't figure our if he his saying do all three exercises 5 times a week or is there alternation between exercises. Any suggestions?

Secondly, anybody followed his system or tried his suggestions? Makes some sense, if anything gives me an excuse not to train to puke point. :) :)

Hobbs

Ford Prefect
06-02-2003, 07:37 AM
Replace curls with pull-ups...

All 3 exercises, 5x/week, 2 sets x 5 reps, work your way up to a 5 rep max then drop down and start over again.

CD Lee
06-02-2003, 10:51 AM
Yip. Ford Perfect said it exactly. Just remember that the cycles can be flexible depending on how you feel. Just don't use flexibility as an excuse to be lazy.

I have been on PTP for two complete cycles so far, and the results are great for me. My first cycle I was able to get to 200 on Bench Press for a 5RM. Then I went down to 160, and ran the cycle up to a 225 5RM. I stalled on 4 reps at 230, and did 245 for 3 clean reps. I will start the process over again at a little higher weight.

Deadlift went from 135 to 205 on a very long cycle. I had never done DL before, so it is behind my press. And I am not forcing the issue trust me. 175 felt really heavy the first time I tried it. I will start that cycle over as well.

I went from 0 pull ups to 7 pullups. This is about a two month gain.

However, while this all sounds great, I used to lift 20 years ago, and so some of the gains are likely due to getting back into lifting. So my leaps were pretty significant. I likely will not have such quick gains again.

Hobbs the vagus
06-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Thanks guys.

Hobbs

iron thread
06-04-2003, 12:07 AM
The book seems to promote 3 exercises, press, dead lift and curl.

I got the message that Pavel is against curls.