PDA

View Full Version : tibetan shooting star fist

GARRA DE TIGRE
06-02-2003, 08:09 AM
hello

i'v see a new lot of lama brothers are login in this forum .
i want to start a post about lau sing kuen form .
my lineage comes from bak hok and i want to know about differents stories or combat theories represent in the shooting star form .

once ronin
06-03-2003, 12:16 AM
lau sing's foot.

i once showed someone my heel and left a print of it on his chin.

Steve Ventura
06-03-2003, 11:09 AM
Okay, I guess I'll take a stab at it. I don't know what level you are in Bahk Hok Pai but, it is one of the four pillars of Si Ji How (Lion's Roar KungFu).
Lau Sing Kyuhn (Shooting Star or Comet Hands)
Fei Hok Sau ( Flying Crane Grasps) Crane Claws and Beak techniques, Vital Point striking
Nei Lahk Sau ( Maitreya Buddha Hand) Seizing Hand Skills, Wrenching, Twisting (related to Grappling techniques)
Do Lo Sau ( Cotton Hand Internal Energy Skill)

Lau Sing Kyuhn in all branches has manifested in various forms. Lau Sing Kyuhn is the basic level of Si Ji How and was on of the original sets:KAHP, Paau, Chuyhn, Jit, Bin, So, Chong, Gwan, Fahn. Which all happen to be part of the 10 character theory http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/9358/strat.html Start with that.

I hope that helps

GARRA DE TIGRE
06-03-2003, 02:38 PM
īsteve :

thank you for your post . i am a great fan of your articles . you are one of the most kung fu educate guys in usa .
i am only know some forms of tibetan white crane . my sifu died before teach me the rest of the forms , but the lama system is one of the best i'v see .
what happend with the long distance video programm of you school ?

Steve Ventura
06-07-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by GARRA DE TIGRE
īsteve :

thank you for your post . i am a great fan of your articles . you are one of the most kung fu educate guys in usa .
i am only know some forms of tibetan white crane . my sifu died before teach me the rest of the forms , but the lama system is one of the best i'v see .
what happend with the long distance video programm of you school ?

We are resurrecting that program. We will be doing an intensive 2 year program of seminars and training of the senior students. Contact me by e-mail. Would love to talk to you about it.