PDA

View Full Version : Attention- Count, SifuAbel, Paul Lin

Knifefighter
06-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Any of you guys have any training in western boxing, Muay Thai, and/or wrestling. If so, how much?

SifuAbel
06-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Sorry knifey that dead horse turned to dust years ago.

yawn...... get a life.

:rolleyes:

Knifefighter
06-02-2003, 09:01 PM
No, this is a new, improved, live horse.
Not trying to troll anyone. My apologies if it seemed antagonistic.

Serpent
06-02-2003, 10:34 PM
Well, maybe detailing why you want to know would engender a less defensive reply.

rogue
06-03-2003, 06:43 AM
Any of you guys have any training in western boxing, Muay Thai, and/or wrestling. If so, how much? Oh my goodness Knifefighter, are you really trying to start a fight? The tone, the wording, the blatant something or other. You might as well just ask what's their favorite pancake at IHOP! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shaolin-Do
06-03-2003, 06:55 AM
Stuffed french toast.
mmmmmm.......

Royal Dragon
06-03-2003, 07:48 AM
I'm partial to the Blueberry waffles with whipped cream myself..........hhhmmmmmm bluuuberrrrriesssssssssss

Knifefighter
06-03-2003, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't ever start something as controversial as asking someone's favorite pancake.

My reason for asking my question is that I believe these three people are true-blue, hard-core CMA practitioners and believers. Since I haven't been checking in here much for a while, I was just wondering if all the general hype of western MA styles has caused any of them to seek out any specific training in these disciplines (I should have also included BJJ into the question).

Royal Dragon
06-03-2003, 10:06 AM
You know, come to think of it, Pancakes really suck. Waffles are where it's really at!!! :D

Chang Style Novice
06-03-2003, 10:11 AM
It's true - there's no such thing as a pancake cone for your ice cream.

MasterKiller
06-03-2003, 10:16 AM
It's true - there's no such thing as a pancake cone for your ice cream.
Actually, the first ice cream 'cone' was a pancake. They ran out of cups at the World's Fair in NY, so the guy improvised with a pancake.

norther practitioner
06-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Well then it was more like a ice cream burrito then wasn't it....

norther practitioner
06-03-2003, 10:21 AM
Oh, and Abel... I'm leaving for the Hollywood/Pembroke Pines/Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area tom.... I think I might have a chance to train with a few down there... any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe the new nee schools (they split up I guess) and possibly a day with Mr Chin... If I can. Anyone you'd like to send your regards to?

rogue
06-03-2003, 11:32 AM
KF, did you catch the Sunday Night Fights on Fox Sports Channel? There was this guy Americo (forgot his last name) who used what looked like that swinging long fist stuff. The guy just threw these punches as fast as he could. His record is 7 fights 7 KOs. Maybe there's something to that Kung Fu fighting.:confused:

rubthebuddha
06-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by rogue
Maybe there's something to that Kung Fu fighting.:confused:
nah. kung fu is just exercise for geriatrics. ;)

Serpent
06-03-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Knifefighter
I wouldn't ever start something as controversial as asking someone's favorite pancake.

My reason for asking my question is that I believe these three people are true-blue, hard-core CMA practitioners and believers. Since I haven't been checking in here much for a while, I was just wondering if all the general hype of western MA styles has caused any of them to seek out any specific training in these disciplines (I should have also included BJJ into the question).

Why would well established CMA practitioners get sucked in by hype like so many others with no real experience in a complete system?

Geez, you can be an idiot, KF.

Knifefighter
06-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Serpent

Why would well established CMA practitioners get sucked in by hype like so many others with no real experience in a complete system?

Quite a few established CMA practioners have seen the value of cross training in western disciplines such as BJJ or wrestling. Tim Cartmell comes to mind offhand.

MasterKiller
06-04-2003, 10:36 AM
Well then it was more like a ice cream burrito then wasn't it....

Um, take a round pancake...now fold it over on itself, and roll it so that one end forms a cone shape. The other, open end looks like it will hold a scoop of ice cream pretty well, huh?

Next time you buy a waffle cone, look at it....study it....learn of it's folded, rolled beginnings....Only then will you understand how one makes a coned pastry.

jmd161
06-04-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
Oh, and Abel... I'm leaving for the Hollywood/Pembroke Pines/Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area tom.... I think I might have a chance to train with a few down there... any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe the new nee schools (they split up I guess) and possibly a day with Mr Chin... If I can. Anyone you'd like to send your regards to?

Steve Chin?

If you want a suggestion " Kung Fu Connection" sifu Gus Rubio III is the owner.He's sifuabel's teacher and was my sifu as well.

Nee's kung fu:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong i'm not knocking the school just the sifu:confused:

When i went to learn kung fu i was down to 2 schools.Nee's kung fu and Kung Fu Connection.Nee's was in miami back then not to far from KFC.When i told Nee i was trying to chose between the two.He started bad mouthing Kung Fu Connection saying they teach bad kung fu.I thought that was out of place for a sifu to do.When i spoke to sifu gus he explained that Nee was a good sifu and that he had a good school.The only thing is they teach a different style than we do.

I told sifu gus what Nee said and he just smiled and said.You're welcome to watch any class you want ,and then go watch a class of his and make your own choice.I joined right then and there.I also went and watched a classof Nee's like he said plus took a free class.I watched a class at KFC that night i talked to sifu gus.Well the class at KFC impressed me very much.I later found out it was a newbie class and Nee's was an intermidate-advanced class.

Sure glad i made the choice i did!

norther practitioner,

You're welcome to come to a Black Tiger class with my sifu and take a look.It's not a big class only myself,my sifu and my si hing by one day.My sifu teaches private.

jeff:)

STUDD WILSON
06-11-2003, 10:37 AM
"Geez, you can be an idiot, KF." -Serpent

Oh come on you must be new here serpent. Among Knifefukkers qualifications that he claims as part of his portholio are:

Phd

Seasoned cage fight champion

Founding member of the Dog Brothers

Blackbelt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu

Master of Mauy Thai

World class bodybuilder with a ripped phisique (at nealy 40)

Owns his own personal business (the most believable of the claims)

Personal contract trainer of the Navy Seals (Lew Hicks, Jerry Peterson??!!) and other super secret government black ops groups

I could probably go on if I did more research (these are just from memory), but like most people in the world who ARE credible I don't have time because I have a full time job. I don't know about you but if I could pull one of the alleged "great accomplishments" that he has claimed off in one lifetime I would be "self actualized" so to speak.

Oh and don't be surpised if a poster with the tag:

Jiu Jitsu Jedi
jjj
chokeyouout
chokeyouout2
kungfoolz

or any number of others that I've forgotten shows up and starts insulting me (those are suspected tags that knifefighter uses to pose as an alternate poster when someone posts something he doesn't like. Hence, the "NHB mafia" or as some of us old timers have come to know - Knifefighter!)

Mojo
06-11-2003, 12:48 PM
Hey Studd
It's to bad you haven't been able to accomplish much in your own life, but I happen to know knifefighter personally and he is , in fact, an accomplished martial artist.
I can vouch that he is .....
1. a seasoned cage fighter ( pro )
2. a dog brother, I've watched him kick @ss at their gathering.
3. brown belt in BJJ , we're both students of Caique ( if you do BJJ then you know who HE is )
4. ripped physique ? that's putting it mildly. I believe he is 47 years old and in great shape.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that he is one of the nicest persons I have met in the martial arts. Always friendly and ready to help.

I find it very funny that he comes here and askes a reasonable question and all the wanna be's flee for their lives.

:D :D :D

STUDD WILSON
06-11-2003, 02:26 PM
"It's to bad you haven't been able to accomplish much in your own life."

You seem to know a whole lot about me mojo. Go fu(k yourself. What nationality am I?

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that he is one of the nicest persons I have met in the martial arts. Always friendly and ready to help."

Too bad this warm and friendly attitude has seldom translated itself over onto this forum where he relatively makes blind challenges and attacks others, consistently dissing CMA.

"I find it very funny that he comes here and askes a reasonable question and all the wanna be's flee for their lives."

Again Fu(k off. Reasonable question? He's trolling. Sounds like you've been taking it up the a$$ from him or something mojo. Running for their lives? I seriously have never obseved SifuAbel or any of the others knifeukker has challenged "even backpeddling in their posts. I have seen knifefukker do it though. My god, all you knifefighter supporter/wannabes sound like a bunch of his ho's.

Mojo
06-11-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by STUDD WILSON
[B
You seem to know a whole lot about me mojo. Go fu(k yourself. What nationality am I?

I couldn't care less what nationality you are. I have found that people who make fun of the accomplishments of others haven't accomplished anything significant in their own lives. Perhaps you're different.

Too bad this warm and friendly attitude has seldom translated itself over onto this forum where he relatively makes blind challenges and attacks others, consistently dissing CMA.

Yes, he has tried to shake you complacent attitude about your own abilities or lack thereof.

"I find it very funny that he comes here and askes a reasonable question and all the wanna be's flee for their lives."

Again Fu(k off. Reasonable question? He's trolling.
[/B]

Read his quesion again, it is a fair question. But you can't handle it so you need to insult him. Way to go. I hope for your sake you never need to call on your "martial skills".

count
06-11-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Knifefighter

Mojo and STUDD, you guys are going to spoil knifefighters persona.

Hey Knifefighter, if your still lurking around. I must have missed this one while I was away last week. I'm interested in what your new improved, live horse is about. True-blue and hardcore, huh? High praise indeed. For the record, I never consider your posts as trolls. You know me, I like to learn from all methods. I choose to train with people from different styles as much as possible. One of my favorite training partners teaches classes in Sambo, BJJ as well as Tae Kwon Do. I think I picked up alot of good stuff from Kali and Arnis. I love to box. It doesn't really change my approach to learning and training bagua though. Mostly to gain more awareness of what's available in different situations. Have you got something new going? Maybe some classes or exchanges? Some of my classmates have been interested in learning more groundfighting. There, is this thread back on track yet?

norther practitioner
06-11-2003, 03:10 PM
Please don't let his posts reflect on the other martial artists of Colorado, he's prob. been up in that thin Summit County air too long....:D

You all need to chill and stop attacking each other, it is other peoples systems we attack here :D :eek: .........

Seriously chill and debate, ask your questions, be respectful.

STUDD WILSON
06-11-2003, 03:16 PM
"I hope for your sake you never need to call on your "martial skills"." - Blowjo

I hope for knife's sake noone ever learns his true identity cause when they do it will probably be really hillarious to find out who he really is.
Hint - probably not the superman that you and the rest of his *****es idolize.

Serpent
06-11-2003, 05:17 PM
This is some funny shiat!

:D

Knifefighter
06-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by STUDD WILSON

Mea Culpa. There definitely have been times when I let posts on here get under my skin and responded inappropriately.

However, this was not a troll- just curious as to what, if any, crosstraining those three had done.

Serpent
06-11-2003, 05:29 PM
You're not fooling anyone, KF.

SifuAbel
06-11-2003, 06:59 PM
You must be bored. Not only have we had this converstaion before, we had this converstion MANY times.

Let me break it down so we don't waste any time.

"Have you trained any western MA ?"

"Yes, We live in america and not under a rock."

"Whom did you train with?"

"Noone you would know."

"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."

3 months later

"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."

1 year later.....

"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."
"No you didn't!"
"Yes we did."

I guess that just about covers it for another year.

Same time next year? Looking forward to it. :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

GinSueDog
06-11-2003, 11:07 PM
Well this place is still the same...

Hey KF,
Are you still training with Caique in Carson? I was thinking of checking it out some day.

Lates,
Ed