PDA

View Full Version : Yoda- Best fight Sceen Award Winner

Becca
06-03-2003, 06:57 AM
You gotta love MTV! Only they would nominate a frog for Best fight Sceen!!!

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- You don't have to exist to get an MTV Movie Award.

Saturday's irreverent ceremony at the Shrine Auditorium honored the little green Jedi, Yoda, for best fight scene from "Star Wars: Episode II—Attack of the Clones," while the raspy creep Gollum from "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" won for "virtual performance" and for best on screen team for its performance alongside human co-stars Elijah Wood and Sean Astin.

Yoda appeared on a giant screen to accept the honor and spoke in his signature circuitous manner.

"Hmmm ... grateful am I to this award receive. To win, I did not expect," he said. "Promise myself cry I would not."

He went on to thank supporters ranging from "Star Wars" creator George Lucas to Wookie Chewbacca, Vin Diesel, space monster Greedo and actor Steve Guttenberg.

The computer-animated Yoda became angry when music played him off the stage.

Here's the article (http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=124052) if you want to read it.

Chang Style Novice
06-03-2003, 08:16 AM
That fight totally sucked, too.

chen zhen
06-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Yeah, it was just like soooo CGI

:D

MasterKiller
06-03-2003, 09:30 AM
At least the award didn't go to any gay hobbits.

Kristoffer
06-03-2003, 10:00 AM
No Yoda was the only good about episode 1 and 2.

Becca
06-03-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
At least the award didn't go to any gay hobbits.

No, but Gollum wasn't much better. I think I will watch it when it is televised, though. The description of Gollum taking the award away from the guy who was supposed to recieve it sound amusing. :)