PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for some forms

GGL
09-26-2001, 08:38 PM
I initially started to learn some basic sets from some of madam wang people in houston and i have moved... I started Lin Bu Chuan (sp), and Gung Li Chuan(sp) but I don't have anything after that. They said that was the first set two sets of three. If anyone knows these forms.. or know of resources to find out.. please let me know

Thanks

Greg

Crimson Phoenix
09-26-2001, 09:20 PM
I know these two forms as taught in the nanjing long fist (their gong li comes from Jing Wu) and hence YMAA curriculum...the best ressource I can think of is Yang Jwing Ming's "Shaolin Long Fist".
However I have seen that there are many lien bu and gong li that do not ressemble each other...I have seen the lien bu from Chang Zi Yao and it's very different...I believe their gong li is different too, but back in the days I didn't have enough knowledge to see to what extent they were different...
If you can check a copy of Yang's book, tell me if that is the lien bu and gong li you learnt...

Lost_Disciple
09-27-2001, 03:45 AM
I remember Sifu Dave Pickens telling me that some of his sets were from Madam Wang. He's up in Round Rock, you may want to check him out, if you haven't already. The school's Central Texas Martial Arts, and should be in the Round Rock phone book.

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

GGL
09-27-2001, 05:00 PM
thanks

Lost_Disciple
11-05-2001, 10:01 AM
GGL
Dude, I totally didn't realize that was you man.
Hope I didn't speak much too "forwardly" for your school. Really enjoyed training with Pickens when I was living in Austin- I was the Hughes guy that came up on Wednesdays, name's Eric. If I was there now, I'd be training with ya'all. :)
Dang I feel dumb hehehe
Hope you're not ticked.
How's everyone up at the Round Rock school?

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/4_3/images/gk1.jpg

MonkeySlap Too
11-06-2001, 11:04 PM
Look for John Wang. He studied Long Fist under Wei-Chen Ni, a very prominent practitioner of the style, and last I checked he was still in Austin.

"Poor is the pupil who
does not surpass his
master" - Leonardo Da
Vinci

GGL
11-07-2001, 08:59 AM
yeah i am still there and have intense Shuai Chiao training, but little forms practice. I like the forms to break up the practice of Shuai Chiao and throw a twist in it..

oh well

latta

BambooStick
11-08-2001, 12:00 AM
Hey I just moved back to Houston.

How can I get in contact with madam wang's people?

Lost_Disciple
11-08-2001, 01:17 AM
Neat, wish I could be hangin out.
Got some decisions to make on which school to join wherever i end up tho. :)

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/4_3/images/gk1.jpg