PDA

View Full Version : Jacket

ZIM
06-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Your thoughts? check out the videos... (http://www.no-contact.com/)

[I really think we all secretly want to be the Borg...]

& oddly enough...i think when paired with these, geeks can finally be superheroes (http://news.man.ac.uk/1054290245/index_html) :eek:

joedoe
06-03-2003, 05:14 PM
Laugh if you left it on while giving a loved one a hug :D

ZIM
06-03-2003, 05:15 PM
spill a beer on it?

Q: is this the kind of thing you'd let your daughter go out wearing? Is this a good confidence booster??? Do they have bulletproof versions?

joedoe
06-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Walk through a crowded bar with it on? :D

ZIM
06-03-2003, 06:12 PM
Heck yeh! I can see it- esp. if you could boost the power of the thing...it'd be trendy as sht in NYC... [with a little reflective tape, maybe...and lotsa sparks...]

ok, same thing, but as football uniforms...! :D

rubthebuddha
06-03-2003, 09:30 PM
so what if they grab your bare hand AND your covered arm -- it's bzzzzzt city for the both of you.

(right now, i'd typically make a stupid pun like "it's dangerous, cause alternating current works both ways," but my hunch is that it's not ac, but dc). :p

chen zhen
06-04-2003, 04:04 AM
An invisibility jacket would be cooler
:cool:

Badger
06-04-2003, 06:32 AM
CRap! :( All that BJJ training wasted.:confused:

Shaolin-Do
06-04-2003, 06:36 AM
That sucks.
What if the b!tch goes crazy and latches on to you?
:)
that would really suxor.

Badger
06-04-2003, 06:42 AM
Then again get one for your wife or girlfriend for that extra "spark".........OOOOOOOHH BBBAAABBBYY!!!!!:D

Stacey
06-04-2003, 07:40 AM
her jacket says "no", but her eyes say "yes".

No woman will wear this. Its ugly. If anyone, only WASPS and Japanese will buy it. The rest of the world touches each other. Imagine an old Italian guy with a suit like that? Imagine a French woman?

second thought....rubber gloves-check, rubber condom- check...well it looks like your in the clear.

third thought. What woman wold live in such a dangerous place, and be able to afford an electric suit. Seems like if they afford that, they would be in the suburbs. This must be made perfect for hookers. If I were a hooker, I'd buy it. In fact, that woman looks like a hooker.

red5angel
06-04-2003, 07:43 AM
I was reading an article on that sticky stuff they are working on, very cool!

The jacket seems like an ok idea, did they say how many volts? A few years back we got a hold of a taser and like any curious group of people we began hitting each other with it and seeing what we could do. It turns out that while it is a funny feeling, you can still grab a person who is hitting you and most of us could resist the feeling for around 5-7 seconds or so.

ZIM
06-04-2003, 08:03 AM
I'm fairly surprised this got any responses. Hey, R5A! Howzitgoing? :)

I think its only like 9volts or something. It was done more as a statement than anything else, but I'm curious becoz theyre talking about selling it in the mass market [Walmart? Beats me..]

It leads to so much ideas for experimentation for me... i kinda want to get one just for that. Like, can the voltage be boosted, would it 'disrupt' your average 'chi hippie' dude :p ;) ,would it kill somebody with a pacemaker, how about metal detectors, what about radio freq. emissions and computers?? If it catches on, what sort of use will it be REALLY put to [as the street has its own uses for tech- i mean like, what if you could get a free soda from a machine with it? or screw up an ATM?].

All kinds of questions, just on a little stupid jacket...

on edit:
even stranger.. "Clothes sold at Benetton stores will soon contain microchip transmitters that allow the Italian retailer to track its garments from their point of manufacture to the moment they're sold in any of its 5,000 shops."
"But the RFID tags could be programmed for other short-range tasks, like "talking" to a forthcoming Whirlpool washing machine to alert it to proper washing instructions, Zwibel said."

right. pretty soon you won't hafta lift a finger... (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/03/11/financial1508EST0170.DTL)

Shaolin-Do
06-04-2003, 08:07 AM
lol
I can imagine someone walking down the street when the sh!t shorts and catches on fire.