PDA

View Full Version : on pin kin wah leurng shearn russellsherry

russellsherry
06-03-2003, 06:07 PM
hi guys. of all leung shearn "s pupials i have heard many great things about , sifu po kin wah one former sifu of mine said except for wong shun leung sifu , his chi sau is the best , i belive this master teaches in hong kong , still has anybody trained with him ?ce rpeace russell sherry

kj
06-03-2003, 06:32 PM
The parents of a member of our group trained with Bo Kin Wah some years ago in Hong Kong. He is apparently still active in Wing Chun circles, and assisted in some of the coordination work for the Leung Sheung memorial at the Ip Man Tong. I am not certain if he is teaching at the moment, but suspect that he may be to some limited degree. I had heard that his Wing Chun was good. That's about all I've got.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

planetwc
06-04-2003, 12:13 AM
I met this sifu at my si-gung's old school in South San Francisco many years ago. He was visiting the area at the time when several other Leung Sheung students were as well.

I was fortunate to be able to ask him and the other students many questions about Leung Sheung and his teaching as well as ask very frank and open questions about how they remember the instruction from Leung Sheung so that we as students within this lineage could see how similar or dis-similar the position and things like footwork were, as our si-gung encouraged us to do.

Unfortunately at the time we did not touch his hands or the others like Paul Mak, Wong Siu and Jack Tak Fok Ling. I have rolled with Jack Ling on other occasions as well as Wong Siu.
These guys are a lot of fun to be around and very good people.

The other 2 students I would like to meet in person are Danny Lui Chi Dak (known as "Ah Dak") and Chan Yuet Cheung (known as "Ah Cheung"). I have seen Ah Dak on video--his chi sao, footwork and energy is quite formidable.

Originally posted by russellsherry
hi guys. of all leung shearn "s pupials i have heard many great things about , sifu po kin wah one former sifu of mine said except for wong shun leung sifu , his chi sau is the best , i belive this master teaches in hong kong , still has anybody trained with him ?ce rpeace russell sherry