PDA

View Full Version : solo training russellsherry

russellsherry
06-03-2003, 06:20 PM
hi guys this is my trining prograim, at the momemt 45 minute power work mon wednesday friday mon , sil lim tao williams stlye 100 punches bong punch tan da jut sau all basic movemnts , tuesday chum kill chum kill foot work kathy jo and anerlick for your disabled students footwork is the key, but very slow first 15 minutes get posture , right thursday 1hour arnis
footwork some chi sau depending when my friend can come
friday wong shun leung s l t and chum kill peace russellsherry

kj
06-03-2003, 06:53 PM
Hi Russell.

Do you have any specific thoughts on footwork, in particular for those with foot or leg problems who are especially challenged in that area of stance and foot work?

I agree that stance and footwork is imperative for everyone, no less those with increased challenges. I am also a firm believer in the therapeutic value of the work despite its challenges, based in large part on my own experience.

FWIW, we also spend a minimum of 15-20 minutes at the start of each class working the first set, with implicit stance work. And of course the remainder of class for continued stance and footwork, both explicit and implicit. This is essential for us in that the stance, posture, and capable footwork forms the foundation for everything else.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

russellsherry
06-04-2003, 04:40 PM
hi kathy jo, in my early training , footwork was stressed , slow one , step at a time , posture and just touching the gruading hand, and,, lots of slow poon sau in chi sau even in my arnis footwork is the key when i had a problem australian champion chris stamilous and carlo bassi helped me in my training the odd
whisky and coke helps to peace russell sherry

kj
06-04-2003, 05:34 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience, Russell. I agree strongly about the footwork, poon sau, and patience. LOL about the home remedy, and yes that can serve at times.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo