PDA

View Full Version : The Supreme Ultimate Fighting Shoe!!!

Shuul Vis
06-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Ok i may be a **** but i give alot of thought as to how effective my clothing is as far as fighting goes when i decide what to wear when im going out. What techniques i can or cannot do in them and what might even be enhanced by them. So, post what you think about clothes and fighting.

For me, the supreme ultimate fighting shoe is, no its not the steel toed boot, but wing tips! These shoes are like weapons for the feet. They are extremely light, thereby not reducing foot speed. They have, if you bought a nice pair, typically a very hard toe that makes piercing kicks to the body or legs crippling to your attacker. Finally, they have a very solid heal that might as well be a club on the bottom of your foot because thats how it will feel if you throw out some stomp/stop kicks.

Anyway im a moron.

Becca
06-03-2003, 09:14 PM
Not a morron. This is a good topic.:)

I like to wear my spiked pumps for that very reason.;) And us ladies can wear chain belts. I have one that is fairly heavy, about 4' long with 2 large brass crosses at one end. Not too hard to guess how usful that could be.:D

Shuul Vis
06-03-2003, 10:03 PM
Cool. Yes i think women have the advantage as far as fighting attire that they can wear.

Thing about wing tips is that they dont look right unless you are wearing a suit or dressy clothing. Although GDA and i wore alot of suits in high school and even later on because we liked them lol. Now though im usually wearing some adidas which dont have the same hard toe or heel but they are great as far as foot speed. I also wear some Dr. Martins which are basically hammers on your feet, pretty clumsy in them though.

joedoe
06-03-2003, 10:05 PM
You should cross dress then :D

Shuul Vis
06-03-2003, 10:06 PM
joedoe-----

i was actually just thinking that! i could cross dress, be well equipped to fight, and get into alot of fights for dressing like a woman!

joedoe
06-03-2003, 11:43 PM
LOL.

I just noticed you are in Columbus OH. I was over there around Xmas time. No offence but your town is like boring as he|| :D

Serpent
06-03-2003, 11:53 PM
Shuul Vis.

GDA.

Home town boring.

So much explained.

;)

Shuul Vis
06-04-2003, 12:07 AM
Yes, boring towns are spawning madmen everyday.

Shaolin Dude
06-04-2003, 12:15 AM
I like those wushu canvas shoes.

joedoe
06-04-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Shuul Vis
Yes, boring towns are spawning madmen everyday.

To be fair, I was there on New Year's Day, but god it was dead. Couldn't find anywhere to get a decent bite of food! Then we got stuck in an ice storm on the way back to Cleveland.

Shuul Vis
06-04-2003, 12:31 AM
man, i love the restaurants here. New Years...hmm i cant remember if i was in town or not. So what kind of shoes do you wear? lol

joedoe
06-04-2003, 12:33 AM
Mostly Rockports. I go for comfort, not fighting utility :D

shaolin kungfu
06-04-2003, 01:00 AM
Nike airforce ones. mid top.

They're pretty comfortable, but i'm not sure of their fighting usefulness.

Becca
06-04-2003, 03:38 AM
Nice thing about women's clothing trends- I can wear my pumps with slack, jeans and skirts/dresses. and If I were to get in a fight, I wouldn't have them on my feet. I train in mat shoes (wrestling shoes) so it's not that big of a jump to bare foot fighting. And if you get your shoes from a quality place, and they fit well, you don't have to worry about them being uncomfortable.

Mr Punch
06-04-2003, 04:03 AM
You would fight in bare feet? Outside?

I'd prefer to fight Shuul Vis and GDA in Jesus sandals with needles on the inside in their hometown on New Year's Eve. But that's just me.

Used to run cross country and cross city in bare feet to harden them up. It was stupid. Shoes are good.

Used to wear German army paras, then Dutch army paras cos the German ones were too heavy (English ones are torture). With steelies. They were useful, but tend to pull out your knees if you gotta run for the bus. Great stability, easy rooting, but better make sure your kicks are accurate...

Wore Docs for a while, but they're still a bit heavy, without the stability benefits.

Then Adidas sneakers. Doesn't have to be Adidas, but I like them.

Ever since X-Men (1) came out, I've been wearing flippers, just dying for the day when I can slap somebody round the face with them like that blue chick.

Becca
06-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Don't like to wear shoes as a rule. I'll put'em on to go inside public establishments, but I don't care for 'em.

Mr Punch
06-04-2003, 04:22 AM
I hate them. (Seriously!)

But I like my feet working!

Laughing Cow
06-04-2003, 04:39 AM
I like to wear Biking boots, not the racing types ones though.

If it can protect your ankle while scrapping across the tarmac at 60+mph ...

:D

David
06-04-2003, 05:19 AM
i just heard about training shoes which have high heels. they shorten the muscles n tendons in your calves to give u better springing ability.

That made me laugh plenty.

On topic, I dress as loose and simple as I can. I always wear jeans so am never overly concerned about going down. I stopped wearing jewellery and watches so I can't injure myself with them and when I carry stuff in pockets, I take care that it won't wind me or cut me should I get impacted. No gi-grabbing mofo will find much to hold on to on me.

I hate shoes - they make my feet swell. Outside, I wear lightweight walking boots* with the laces undone. They are like hardened trainers. My feet can breathe, they are fairly protected and my ankles are covered.

-David

*All this talk of wingtips and nike airforce is confusing for me. I assume "walking boots" is accessible to all.

Royal Dragon
06-04-2003, 05:42 AM
Wing Tips? Won't you have a traction problem on smooth floors with those?

Me, I go for shoes that give me traction, for rapid mobility as I belive good footwork is the key to martial sucsess. Any pair of low top gymshoes works good. Chuck Taylor basketball shoes are great, as basketball players often have to make quick and sudden changes in direction. also, basketball players must have good traction on slick, smooth floor surfaces. I hate High tops though, so I always get the "Civillian" version (Low tops :p )

Right now my favoite shoe is the old "Reebok" low tops that were really popular in the early 90's. Of course, back in the early 90's, you couldn't seperate me from my Converse all stars.

Shaolin-Do
06-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Puma Roma or the Adidas Samba are the ultimate in foot weaponry. Very very lightweight, they hug your feet, and have excellent traction. I believe they are both made for indoor soccer more or less.
Or bare feet.... I have a pair of boots I train kicks in on occasion, but I dont ever really wear boots. Only dressy ones when Ims goin out.

GeneChing
06-04-2003, 09:20 AM
We've just started carrying thesethunderkicks (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/thunderkicks.html), which is a new line of street fighting shoes. I find them a little heavy myself, and a little binding at the ankle, but some others seem to really like them. I haven't really worn a pair yet, though, just picked them up and looked at them.

Oso
06-04-2003, 09:45 AM
airwalk or any other made for skateboarding shoe.
the ones for actually skating in, not the newer hip ones that you wear to say you are cool but really aren't.

Just bought a pair of Adidas x-country running shoes that I like a lot. good fit and traction.

but for pure damage...my gay looking mtb shoes. Hard Molded leather uppers with hard plastic soles that are lugged like a hiking boot. PLUS I can screw two spikes into the toes. These are used for xcountry racing where you might actually be carrying the bike up a hill if it's raining and too slippery to ride.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-04-2003, 10:45 PM
becca ... we just need to keep you in the kitchen and pregnent and you'd be perfect.

i still wear wingtips every day except when im training at the kwoon. i dont mind training in them at all, but my classmates do.

as for them being slick on smooth surfaces this is very true at first, but when you wear them every day the soles start to develope pretty decent traction from the wear and tear. also makes it easy to pivot in. most people only wear their tips when dressing up so they never develope this traction ... im a ***got that wears them with jeans.

before i started wearing wingtips my favorate shoes were vision street wear canvas hightops. man ... back in the day i had about sixty pairs of them. mostly black but had some of the neater pattens too. they were awesome for skating in cause they were cheap and durable. switched to converse when they went out of business for a while. funny thing is that i remember buying those shoes for 7 bucks a pop at the time, but now that vision is back in business they're about 40 for the same pair of shoes.

Serpent
06-04-2003, 11:12 PM
The training shoe of choice at our gwoon is the Dunlop Volley. Good traction, light, flat and AU$25.00 a pair K-Mart. That's about 32 American cents.

I ride a motorbike, so I usually have on Docs, but off the bike I usually wear Converse All-Star Hi's.

You should be able to fight in anything, just in case.

Gene - those thunderkicks are some ugly shoes!