PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to prepare the mind to be one with the body?

Flying Dragon
09-30-2001, 06:37 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any methods or could just tell me how this could be achomplished. I know you need both to understand the art. :cool:

Shaolindynasty
09-30-2001, 11:01 PM
I think deep relaxation is the most important aspect, you also need to learn how to shut off your brain so to speak(WuWei usuallt happens with the relaxation).WuWei is easy for me when doing forms and sparring but hard during meditation in the morning(night around 11pm is easier for me). The most interesting thing about this subject is that there is really no sure method that can be learned it is based more on subtile feelings. Everyone pretty much has their own method.

New classes New online Catalog
www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)

Crimson Phoenix
10-01-2001, 10:40 AM
I pee when I feel like peeing, take a crap when I want to crap, and eat when I'm hungry...

HuangKaiVun
10-01-2001, 12:10 PM
do solo sets regularly

Stumblefist
10-01-2001, 12:31 PM
From Aikido and Iaido: (japanese, sorry about that)
sitting in Seiza before or after practice, in posture, closed eyes, aware of breathing.
Seiza posture is sitting on heels and knees. Itself is an exercise and leg stregthener. If you can do it an hour it's quite superb (course you may lose the use of your legs) ;)

Chinese: Taiji; moving meditation, postures.
kugfu; Forms, breathing exercises, postures.

"A wish to go to Heaven is the very beginning of falling into Hell."

shaolinboxer
10-02-2001, 03:54 PM
Coordinating mind and body is like anything else: a matter of will. You can turn any drill into a mind/body exercise.

The key is relaxation.

Here's a little mantra I try to think about to clear my head and relax.

Relax breathing.
Relax eyes.
Relax shoulders.
Relax knees.
Relax mind.
Relax heart.

So, breathe in rhythm with your actions, don't focus on any one thing, don't hunch or pin your shoulders, don't stiffen your legs, don't think about anything but observing/sensing/acting (ofcourse, you must think about the points of the specific technique until they become reflexive), don't get ****ed off or frustrated.

If you can get through that, you mind and body will come together naturally.

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat